I Cant Help But Laugh At Those Idiots

trud1966

They used to really piss me off, but now when I read smu stuff, I just giggle. Not even worth getting upset over it - I just pat them on the head an smile :-)

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30554

And this a most interesting quote from one of their posters: "We should have UNT in our rear view mirrors post-haste. Looking forward to the day when we aren't scheduling the SunBelt teams except for an easy win, and scheduling UNT is not even under consideration. Am hoping that is only about two years away."

For certain SMU should schedule those schools whose traveling fans will have problems gettting allotment of tickets at Gerald J. Ford Stadium; you know like one of their OOC foes in years past--University of Calif--Northridge. :rolleyes::)

We need to really think of NCAA D1-A life w/o SMU, too, albeit would only make sense (& cents) for both schools to regularly schedule each other since the Longhorns, Aggies, etc, etc, etc, will hardly be making any trips to the Hilltop any longer (least of all on a regular basis like in the day of the now defunct Southwest Conference).

Wonder if some of the 'Stang fans understand the SWC is (in deed) no more? Also wonder if some of our alums realize the future "2'nd Largest University in the Lone Star State" can most likely co-exist w/o SMU on our future athletic schedules, too?

Who knows, maybe even that (our projected booming growth) is a reason some of their fans want to cower down to a future schedule with UNT? After all, our campus growth even with so few wins last season seems to already be translating to the turnstiles at Fouts Field; can't wait to see even more of this happen for us when we debut a new stadium at the Mean Green Village.

SMU'ers, unless you haven't noticed, it truly is a different era we're all in these days &............... maybe its time you all adapt and maybe even do so in a way where you actually have a few thousand traveling fans show up at your stadium more than once every other year when TCU visits your campus? Just an opinion from a longtime DFW Metroplex college football fan who would really (sincerely) like Metroplex college football to thrive in spite of all 3 of our wagons being surrounded by the Big 12, that's all.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

They used to really piss me off, but now when I read smu stuff, I just giggle. Not even worth getting upset over it - I just pat them on the head an smile :-)

http://www.ponyfans.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=30554

Poor Smut. I like this quote: "Before JJ, SMU was nowhere." They are in for such a BIG letdown, they expect some miracle from him.

Inferiority complex? Whatever...

A 6-year deal is close to being signed starting in 2010, or does this $MU douchebag not keep up with his university's news? As for saying they should not schedule Sun Belt teams, C-USA has fallen off as of late - lost to the Belt in two straight bowl games, posted a losing season in 2006 and 3-3 in 2007.

You are as good as the company you keep: other Div-1-winners: Idaho, Duke, Minnesota, FIU.

Idaho, my friends. Idaho.

I think they need to win a few games before declaring they're too good to play any Div-I team.

A friend of mine told me a funny story a long time ago, about a couple of "town characters" in Decatur who happened to encounter one another in a public place. Both of them were (in their own way) the village idiots, but on that day they were standing there having a conversation (after a fashion) with one another, and trying to make fun of each another in the process. Each time one of them thought that they had "gotten one over" on the other, they would turn to my friend and wink and smile as if to say "this guy is an idiot".

My friend would just stand there and smile back at each of them in agreement, until he got bored with it, and just walked away.

Hmmmmm, I wonder why this story suddenly came to mind?............... <_<

I recall when I was working at Barnes and Noble how much of a kick we always got out of selling the sheep those college guides (US News, Princeton, and Fiske). They're completely and massively worthless, with 40% of the rankings based on how the editors "feel" and 10% - 20% based on ad revenues from certain sponsoring universities (of which SMU is one). The LSAC (Law School Admissions Council) has even suggested suing these guys for fraud, and is made up of the deans of just about every law school who want to see these guys done away with (including SMU). The real measure is a classification system from a non-profit known as the "Carnegie Classification" - try to find that ranking on SMU's website....

I recall when I was working at Barnes and Noble how much of a kick we always got out of selling the sheep those college guides (US News, Princeton, and Fiske). They're completely and massively worthless, with 40% of the rankings based on how the editors "feel" and 10% - 20% based on ad revenues from certain sponsoring universities (of which SMU is one). The LSAC (Law School Admissions Council) has even suggested suing these guys for fraud, and is made up of the deans of just about every law school who want to see these guys done away with (including SMU). The real measure is a classification system from a non-profit known as the "Carnegie Classification" - try to find that ranking on SMU's website....

I truly love my Alma Mater and hope we get better in academics and athletics each and every year. (and my money is put toward that endeavor) With that being said, please quit using the Carnegie Foundation as your basis for extolling the virtues of all things UNT. It is not a ranking! The Carnegie Foundation groups schools it does not rank them. Carnegie groups us with large research intensive schools. They do not claim that we are better than anyone in or out of our classification.

Carnegie FAQ's

As for said publications. You may be right about them but does it really matter? Perception is reality and until we improve our ranking within their pages UNT will just be a good education for the money in the eyes of many.

Edited by HoustonEagle

If there's no rivalry, like they say there isn't, why do they keep bringing us up in their message boards.

I just want us to take care of our business and quite worrying about what the SMUg's are doing. I know they have potential to steal recruits and all, but lets just focus on what we have to do. I am still uncertain that we have what it takes to turn the program around, but I know we are on the right track, especially if Deloach returns. Go Mean Green!!!

Maybe it's just me, but I'm kind of tired of the SMU thing. Frankly, I'm a lot more concerned with what's going on with Troy and FAU.

Yeah, yeah, I know... we'll recruit against them, blah blah. Fine. Win, and that takes care of itself. There's enough talent to go around, and it's the staff's job to find it. That job gets a hell of a lot easier with 9 wins than it is with 9 losses, even if SMU is offering a bags of cash and analingus to recruits.

Like it matters how big or respectable we get. $MU alum believe they are far superior to any private school in America, let alone the lowly state-funded schools.

I don't think all SMU alumni have a stick up their a$$... I've worked with several recent SMU alum and most of them are pretty good guys. The weekly 'UNT degree is equivalent to a highschool GED' post is really funny to me. My senior year I was offered 3 positions all from fortune 500 company's that paid well above the median average for new college grads (and all with high ranking UNT alumni recruiting) Finance majors rule.

Guest GrayEagleOne

Who cares what SMU says. Ignore them. Some fringe lunatic says something derogatory about us and we take that as the way all of them feel. Then we don't reply directly to their remark but make some statement that's just as idiotic and the feud is just exacerbated. Save it for the gridiron or other competition. We made need them sometimes and who wants to help anyone that has done nothing but spew venom toward them. Hatred is just downright evil.

Who cares what SMU says. Ignore them. Some fringe lunatic says something derogatory about us and we take that as the way all of them feel. Then we don't reply directly to their remark but make some statement that's just as idiotic and the feud is just exacerbated. Save it for the gridiron or other competition. We made need them sometimes and who wants to help anyone that has done nothing but spew venom toward them. Hatred is just downright evil.

GaryEagleOne, that's the best I've heard on the hate subject since Bob Dylan's line from "It's All Right Ma (I'm Only Bleeding)", "Don't hate nothing at all except hatred".

Buddy, you make waaaaay too much sense.