Gretsch.....cadillac Green

e441_1.JPG

I'm currently wish-shopping for a new electric guitar and did the unthinkable today and went by our local dealer here in town and got my hands on a few

Gretsch's and fell in love with them. A lifelong dream of mine was to someday own and play a Chet Atkins Country Gentleman by Gretsch so we'll see? I might have to settle for a new version. Anyhow, the dealer said Gretsch offers one in green and the official color is "Cadillac Green" and low and behold it's the shade of green I like that resembles Mean Green. This was the first I have seen one. If he can get it on order I may be bringing one home.

Rick

• 1 month later...

I'm curious to know if Rick can play???????????????????????????????????????(the damn thing!)

Phil, Mark,

You both gave me a challenge that I couldn't resist. So I've been learning up on it a bit. Still not sure this answers your questions though but I'd still like to have the Gretsch regardless.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Phil, Mark,

You both gave me a challenge that I couldn't resist. So I've been learning up on it a bit. Still not sure this answers your questions though but I'd still like to have the Gretsch regardless.

Rick

Well damn! I am highly impressed with your playing, Rick! How long have you been playing and what type of music do you really get into? Shoot, if you could learn a few bluegrass riffs and runs, I may bring up my banjo and do some picking with you.

Congratulations on getting your guitar. I happen to be a Martin man.

Well damn! I am highly impressed with your playing, Rick! How long have you been playing and what type of music do you really get into? Shoot, if you could learn a few bluegrass riffs and runs, I may bring up my banjo and do some picking with you.

Congratulations on getting your guitar. I happen to be a Martin man.

Thank you. I've been playing since grade school. I haven't gotten the Gretsch yet because they are a bit pricey. But I'm saving up. I like everything music wise. Well, instrumental music. And yeah, I like Blue Grass. I don't know much of it but would love to learn. I have mostly accoustic guitars. The one I'm playing in the video is an accoustic Applause, made by Ovation and is a very easy guitar to play. I have a very nice 12 String Ovation accoustic/electric as well but there's only so much you can do with accoustics and even less with the 12 string. I might work on something with it and put it on my youtube page some time down the road?

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick