Anyone Else Heard About This?

emmitt01

Yeah, I think it was posted here back when it came out. Interesting to bring it up again as I kind of forgot about it. Could provide an impetus for a couple of more 1AA teams to try and get in the mix as quickly as possible. I guess those teams could include: San Marcos, San Antonio (?), Appalachian State, Florida A&M, Georgia Southern, Missouri State (MAC connection) and who knows who else. Two division Belt?

My sister-in-law teaches at USA...she told me the BOT was going to vote on it, but didn't know how it would go. She says between all the SEC allegiances and the Alabama/Auburn rivalry, it's hard to find any football support for even a school like Alabama-Birmingham outside the campus. I admire the students' and the alumni's attempt to back the team, but ten thousand bucks a year for five years doesn't sound like a whole lot of "startup" money for a D-I program. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

I admire the students' and the alumni's attempt to back the team, but ten thousand bucks a year for five years doesn't sound like a whole lot of "startup" money for a D-I program. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out...

that's a whole lot more than what we had to get back to 1-A in '94 if you don't include the stadium renovation.

By the way, I saw you on tv during the Highland Park vs Everman game and you looked like you were pretty busy, which had to be a positive considering it was so freaking cold that day.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick