My Opinion Of The Troy Game

houstonmeangreen

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pathetic -- they have 7 turnovers and we still lost by this score....What areas did we look good at - NONE.

Wow that is pretty insightful, and very constructive. Thanks for helping in a rebuilding year.

Any other hot sports opinions?

Offense does good, defense struggles, people call for Mendoza's head. Defense plays well, offense sucks, so when are you whiners going to start calling for Fords head? Give me a break. Vizza got some valuble game experience against what is easily a top 25 defense and our defense showed a lot of moxy against a top 35 offense. Why can't you people see the fricken bright side. This team has so much potential and all you can see is we lost by whatever the *f* the score was. I wish the admins would banish all of you until the end of next season so we wouldn't have to hear you whine this season only to come back next year when we kick ass and win the belt saying you told us so. You and a half full waterglass need some serious time together instead of a half empty one.

Offense does good, defense struggles, people call for Mendoza's head. Defense plays well, offense sucks, so when are you whiners going to start calling for Fords head? Give me a break. Vizza got some valuble game experience against what is easily a top 25 defense and our defense showed a lot of moxy against a top 35 offense. Why can't you people see the fricken bright side. This team has so much potential and all you can see is we lost by whatever the *f* the score was. I wish the admins would banish all of you until the end of next season so we wouldn't have to hear you whine this season only to come back next year when we kick ass and win the belt saying you told us so. You and a half full waterglass need some serious time together instead of a half empty one.

Great post! So true!

Well, I thought the offensive line could have done slightly better. :whistling1:

I'm not sure how many sacks Troy got against us, but it was a bunch. Could have account for the 0.7 yard rushing yards per carry we ended up with. Rebuilding or not, this game was not pretty.

Edited by DeepGreen

QFT

Edited by Bryan316

Hey, I wanted us to win today....don't get me wrong.

But now that we've lost....I can see a silver lining: We aren't going anywhere this year. So, all we would have done by winning is screwed up our probable bowl rep. We would have knocked them totally out of the AP poll (others receiving votes part of the poll). Plus, we would have sent our bowl rep to NO with a lesser record.

So yeah...I hope that FAU and Troy continue to do well. That way....maybe we'll have two bowl teams again. Maybe.

As to the game: Yeah, we have plenty of things to work on. But, one thing I do love: Todd's kids don't quit on him.

I think we're gonna be all right. Just write this year off. The future is still bright.

Not a great all around game, but I'm willing to start giving us some slack as this is CLEARLY a year of retooling. As far as that locked down thread is concerned, we would EASILY whip SLC by a hundred points. Men against boys. It's a childish joke to say otherwise.

I'd accept the retooling excuse if we were seeing improvement in any aspect of the game. We're not. And if it doesn't start happening soon, why expect next season to be any better? Recruiting only goes so far.

I'd accept the retooling excuse if we were seeing improvement in any aspect of the game. We're not. And if it doesn't start happening soon, why expect next season to be any better? Recruiting only goes so far.

I don't know who or what you have been watching the last 2 weeks but if you can't see improvement you need to go see the eye doctor asap.

In what area, MeanGreenBuzz?

1: Turnover margin.

2: Sacks.

3: QB Pressure.

4: Run Stops.

5: Pass INTs

6: Pass Blocks.

7: QB Improved Play.

8: Improved Running Game.

However, the OL needs work so those turnovers can get used. Had those 7 TOs been capitalized on, we'd be celebrating a win. Defense needs work too, but right now the whole team needs improvement. But it's the kind of improvement where you say, "yeah, they're getting there and we'll see something great when they do" not, "man...these guys have a loooong way to go, if they get there at all."

This was the first conference game that the other team was clearly better than UNT...would have like to have a better showing but Troy is a very good team. UNT has A LOT of upside and there has been great improvement. I think all the talk about the DC was bc there was no improvement and we are seeing some now(still do not like the defensive schemes). However, I believe UNT will once again be the powerhouse of the conference...just wish some of the seniors would be around to experience the turnaround