Roll Call - Pep Rally This Friday - Clark Park

SpaceMonkey

Hey there fellow eagles. It's been a long time since I've been on here but I've been reading every once in a while when I could.

This Friday is the pep rally before the LA Monroe game. A band called Space Monkey (relation) is the nights entertainment. We played a couple of pep rallies last season including the night before the SMU win. We do cover music - top 40, dance and rock, etc. Myself and another band member are NT grads.

We're looking forward to it as both times we've played these events it has been an awesome time. Come help keep that spirit and tradition going. Free food, free stuff like t-shirts, the cheerleaders, and free music from Space Monkey.

Hope to see both students and fellow alumni there supporting the team and some NT grads.

Sure thing. Our website has a couple of samples that we recorded in our house when we were students and our myspace has some too. Not sure if they're the same songs on both sites. They both have a playlist on them.

www.SpaceMonkeyBand.com and www.myspace.com/spacemonkeyband

We haven't played in Denton except for the UNT gigs but we've been around for 8 years now. We've played most of the popular sports bars and night clubs with live bands in the DFW area like Sherlock's, Carson's, and The Pour House.

I'd say our draw is playing music that people know and also throwing in a lot of songs that people know and don't hear every day.

We haven't played in Denton except for the UNT gigs but we've been around for 8 years now. We've played most of the popular sports bars and night clubs with live bands in the DFW area like Sherlock's, Carson's, and The Pour House.

The Pour House is a pretty cool bar, IMO. I also like the Fly Saucer for its massive beer selection.

I miss Fort Worth. :(

Edited by UNTFan23

The Pour House is always packed when we play there. Its one reason that we've never gotten tired of going there even after 5 years of gigs there. I've seen a ton of UNT people there over the years both when I was in school and once I graduated. That place is just a lot of fun. It gets kinda scary on stage sometimes because it's easy for drunks to get up there but most of all because of the floor. Since its on the second story you can feel the floor bending when there's a lot of people dancing a jumping around.

I haven't spent much time at the Saucer, though I know of its popularity. Its one of those places on the list of "to check out".

Scott,

Not a dumb question in the least. As Gabe mentioned the event is very family oriented so come one, come all.

Thanks for the good words guy. We were very impressed with the turn out both times last year (one was freezing cold and there was still a great crowd). Weather/temp looks good for this week so we're looking forward to another great time.

Any songs that you guys have seen from our list that you definitely want to hear let me know.

Matt

Just curious, but when did Friday night pep rally's become a new part of our Mean Green culture?

Really a good idea if the students are actually showing up en mass for them.

Friday night HS football games may be a problem for our coaches to always show up since they are usually out on the recruiting trail to see our Friday Night Lights (heros).

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Just curious, but when did Friday night pep rally's become a new part of our Mean Green culture? Really a good idea if the students are actually showing up en mass for them.

They were before each game last season, except for Homecoming, under the same name.

Edited by Bryan316

They were before each game last season, except for Homecoming under the same name.

I think this was started on a consistant basis last year. I think it is a great step forward in getting more spirit on campus and for the games. Just as it is going to take time for this football program, it will take a few years to really get things going like this, but it definately is exciting - we sure didn't have these things when I was in school.