Mean Green Blog 9/25

Stan R

Love to see Vizza gets some serious playing time in the first half to see how he responds. But would like it even more, to see him in a clutch game. Giovanni doesn't need mop up duty he needs real game time conditions. At OU, they just teed off and dropped seven and eight in coverage, fully knowing we were not going to run the ball with that kind of score.

Edited by newuntfan07

Love to see Vizza gets some serious playing time in the first half to see how he responds. But would like it even more, to see him in a clutch game. Giovanni doesn't need mop up duty he needs real game time conditions. At OU, they just teed off and dropped seven and eight in coverage, fully knowing we were not going to run the ball with that kind of score.

I agree.

But, don't be shocked if he does just as bad as Meager. I want to see him out there. And him being a true freshman gives him a little slack on mistakes. Unlike if you were an upperclassmen making similar ones.

I am very surprised to see this. One of my classmates asked me if I thought Meager would get pulled in favor of Vizza. I told him no way b/c Dodge said he picked his QB and would stick by him. I know that "Vizza will see some playing time" is a far cry from "Vizza will replace Meager," but I am extremely surprised that Dodge announced this. I suspect that Meager will be gone in 2 or 3 games if Vizza looks good. Dodge gave Meager every chance, but Meager just can't stop with the interceptions and panicky runs out of the pocket at the first sign of trouble.

I am very surprised to see this. One of my classmates asked me if I thought Meager would get pulled in favor of Vizza. I told him no way b/c Dodge said he picked his QB and would stick by him. I know that "Vizza will see some playing time" is a far cry from "Vizza will replace Meager," but I am extremely surprised that Dodge announced this. I suspect that Meager will be gone in 2 or 3 games if Vizza looks good. Dodge gave Meager every chance, but Meager just can't stop with the interceptions and panicky runs out of the pocket at the first sign of trouble.

Dodge should be trying to get his backup QB some quality experience time now. Meager is taking a beating as he runs on some plays, I am concerned about his long term health at that position. I'd rather have Vizza come in if needed with some time under his belt than cold since the OU game.

Guest JohnDenver

Dodge should be trying to get his backup QB some quality experience time now. Meager is taking a beating as he runs on some plays, I am concerned about his long term health at that position. I'd rather have Vizza come in if needed with some time under his belt than cold since the OU game.

Meager has been hurt (almost?) every year here... He was hurt in HS as well. Getting reps in to keep the QB in tune with the system and WRs is always a good idea. That says nothing about him thinking Meager is lesser than Vizza. It just makes good sense.