Unt Vs. Fau; What Are Your Predictions?

gangrene

I'm guessing it's going to be another shoot-out, who ever has the ball last wins, affair. FAU's QB was 27-44 with 463 yards and 5 TDs in their 42-39 victory over Minnesota. Two receivers had 100+ yard games and two others had 80+ yard games. On the other side of the ball, FAU's defense surrendered 470 total yards to the Gophers (335 yards and 4 TDs in the air and 135 yards on the ground).

Minnesota lost the game because of their SEVEN turnovers (3 fumbles lost and 4 INTs) while FAU did not have a single turnover.

Middle Tennessee did a much better job of containing FAU's offense but committed 4 turnovers in their 27-14 loss to FAU and the Oklahoma State game wasn't even close (42-6). FAU seems to do a terrific job of creating turnovers; +10 in turnovers after only 3 games is incredible.

Let's hope we can keep the T/Os to a minimum and can play some defense.

My prediction:

UNT 49

FAU 47

We win, 49 - 45. To prepare for this see-saw, ain't -over-til-its-over game, I plan to drink heavily!!

This will be a gut-wrenching, SMUt-type game, with no lead being safe. We will find a way to make two or three defensive stops in the last quarter and pull this one out at home.

It depends in some measure on whichj FAU shows up. If it's the one that played their first and third games, it'll be a really good matchup. If it's the one that got hammered by OklaState in their middle game, we should roll.

It's tempting to say the same for us, but in the absence of other evidence, and assuming defensive improvements, it's a UNT game.

No matter what, this should be a game nobody leaves early.

I really don't know much about Schnelly, and don't mean to disrespect him... however, during the FAU Vs. Minnesota game, he just appeared wonder around the sidelines with a unemotional and somewhat confused look on his face... he didn't have a headset on, play book in hand, etc.. Is he actually coaching the team? Or just an iconic figure on the sideline? Or maybe he is just so good that he communicates telepathically with his offense/defense coaches and has every possible play memorized?

Edited by chrisfisher

A lot of the football players read this board. Calling them crappy is certainly not going to motivate them.

Hmmm. Well, it's a good thing they play at UNT then and not someplace where their coaches will get in their helmets when they screw up.

I can almost assure you that Dodge and his staff have used words a wee bit stronger than "crappy" when addressing the players about continual assignment busts. It's not pee-wee flag they're playing out there. Nor is it an "everybody who signs up gets to play" deal. These are guys on scholarship - i.e., someone else's dime - and they're not performing. Scholarships are only year-to-year deals.

So, until their play isn't crappy, we'll just say their play was crappy.

If you want to drive up to Denton and give 'em all a glass of milk and cookies, go ahead. Letting the likes of SMU's pathetic offense run you into the ground is crappy, no two ways about it.

C-r-a-p-py...crappy. And, so is FAU's defense. You'll have to make quite a trek to give them their milk and cookies, though.

Edited by The Fake Lonnie Finch

I really don't know much about Schnelly, and don't mean to disrespect him... however, during the ASU Vs. Minnesota game, he just appeared wonder around the sidelines with a unemotional and somewhat confused look on his face... he didn't have a headset on, play book in hand, etc.. Is he actually coaching the team? Or just an iconic figure on the sideline? Or maybe he is just so good that he communicates telepathically with his offense/defense coaches and has every possible play memorized?

He was probably trying to figure out what alternate universe he was in where Minnesota was playing ASU.