Riley Dodge Article

BobFam

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The program's success stems from a perfect storm of good coaching, highly motivated players and an affluent community's commitment to a football development system. Every football team in Southlake, from peewee to high school, wears green-and-white jerseys with the trademarked Dragons logo.

Note.

i dont want to turn this post into another stadium talk or get anyone talking about politcal beliefs or if they like Bush or not but this statement got me thinking:

Nobody seems to remember those heroic elements. This was apparent last winter when Riley and his family, in an Oval Office visit arranged by a family friend who works in the White House, were greeted by President Bush, who said, "So, you must be the guy who threw up!"

Could Dodge use his connections with President Bush to help raise money for the new stadium? He has alot of money and now knows about the Dodge's and the family and wonder if he would be willing to give anything or if Dodge has thought about it?

He has alot of money and now knows about the Dodge's and the family and wonder if he would be willing to give anything or if Dodge has thought about it?

"...Have you ever thought about it? Saturday on the Train Station Fitness Show."

I don't see how. The President may have friends in high places, but if he is going to raise money for any school it's going to be SMU... that's where his wife graduated and that's where his library is going.

not to totally go off-topic, but I read an interesting article regarding SMU's campaign to get the Bush library. They started making a push back in 2001, including presenting their case to Bush in person at the ranch in Crawford.

Anyways, Todd Dodge is awesome.

Edited by Eagle1855

Riley sure gets a lot of hype. Being apart of the SLC program and having the last name Dodge gets him a lot of exposure. I have seen him throw the ball (on many occasions) and his arm is average at best. Good athlete in a good system, but way overhyped.

I do believe he will do well at UNT but I do not believe he will a three or four year starter as many assume.

Welcome to the board. Try to enjoy the sarcasm.

Hey, sometimes things like that can go over people's heads.

meagerball.jpg

Give him a break, he's new to the board. Besides... he may be right. It can be tough to tell with those UnderArmor socks, but that might actually be an SLC uniform.

It was tough for me to tell. Y'know, because it's obviously inspired by the uniforms we wore under Fry with the white helmets.

Riley sure gets a lot of hype. Being apart of the SLC program and having the last name Dodge gets him a lot of exposure. I have seen him throw the ball (on many occasions) and his arm is average at best. Good athlete in a good system, but way overhyped.

I do believe he will do well at UNT but I do not believe he will a three or four year starter as many assume.

Why is it that every post this guy makes me like him less?

Why is it that every post this guy makes me like him less?

Cr it's because I call it like I see it. No one liked my Woody analysis and facts, no one liked my Meager prediction and now U don't like my opinion, that Riley is overhyped. Big freakin deal.

I remain a Riley, a TD, a WW, a Meager, Tune and Vizza fan. But I call it like I see it and its tough tits that you don't agree.

Let me know when you make all the predictions that I made this summer, correctly and then come back and talk to me.

Edited by Dodge2007

Cr it's because I call it like I see it. No one liked my Woody analysis and facts, no one liked my Meager prediction and now U don't like my opinion, that Riley is overhyped. Big freakin deal.

I remain a Riley, a TD, a WW, a Meager, Tune and Vizza fan. But I call it like I see it and its tough tits that you don't agree.

Let me know when you make all the predictions that I made this summer, correctly and then come back and talk to me.

Which would those be?

That Woody didn't want it bad enough?

That Meager will "light things up"?

To me these still look like conjecture at best...so I guess Cr can come back and talk to you, oh I don't know, NOW.

Which would those be?

That Woody didn't want it bad enough?

That Meager will "light things up"?

To me these still look like conjecture at best...so I guess Cr can come back and talk to you, oh I don't know, NOW.

Boy I like your definition of conjecture when it comes to WW. Tell me Emmitt, why isn't WW with his teamates? Why didn't he practice, lift, and run this summer with his teamates? Please Emmitt tell me why? Oh, I know, he wanted it TOO MUCH and was too good a player last season to put forth the effort that Daniel put in.........I hear ya, I feel ya.

Boy I like your definition of conjecture when it comes to WW. Tell me Emmitt, why isn't WW with his teamates? Why didn't he practice, lift, and run this summer with his teamates? Please Emmitt tell me why? Oh, I know, he wanted it TOO MUCH and was too good a player last season to put forth the effort that Daniel put in.........I hear ya, I feel ya.

For the reading and comprehension impaired I'll spell it out for you...Dictionary.com defines conjecture as:

1. the formation or expression of an opinion or theory without sufficient evidence for proof.

2. an opinion or theory so formed or expressed; guess; speculation.

Do you know FOR A FACT that Woody wasn't taking care of school work, found that he was too far behind in the QB race and decided that since he came here to be a QB he would bow out. Do you know FOR A FACT that he wasn't dealing with a personal issue? Do you know FOR A FACT anything that you spew forth about a student athlete? No, you don't, but you would rather imply that his will-power or heart were lacking because it suits your ludicrous claims.

No, this isn't MY definition of conjecture it's anyone with a brain cell count higher than 12. (Don't worry, there have been amazing advances in recent years...they have buses and helmets just for people like you)

Here I'll throw out another definition just for you:

Pathetic...

1. causing or evoking pity, sympathetic sadness, sorrow, etc.; pitiful; pitiable: a pathetic letter; a pathetic sight.

2. affecting or moving the feelings.

3. pertaining to or caused by the feelings.

4. miserably or contemptibly inadequate:

Emmitt your a freakin rocket scientist.

Grammar school lesson and all.

As my friend (Jack) would say..........."You want the truth? Do you want the Truth? You can't handle the truth."

Sorry Emmitt.......post me back when you have a freakin fact or some information that is worthy. Until then, kiss my Woodrow, I mean Woody.

Emmitt, you remind me of another one game wonder, He just doesn't play here anymore.

Edited by Dodge2007

Emmitt your a freakin rocket scientist.

Grammar school lesson and all.

As my friend (Jack) would say..........."You want the truth? Do you want the Truth? You can't handle the truth."

Sorry Emmitt.......post me back when you have a freakin fact or some information that is worthy. Until then, kiss my Woodrow, I mean Woody.

Emmitt, you remind me of another one game wonder, He just doesn't play here anymore.

So, instead of answering my question DO YOU KNOW FOR A FACT WHY WOODY WASN'T WORKING OUT? you'd rather ask me to engage in your homo-erotic fantasies? :blink:

Quoner, I think you may have competition.