Blurb About Naming Starting Qb In Dmn

Green Crazy

Can not really say I feel sorry for WW, he had his chance to impress the coaches in the Spring and Summer and for one reason or another he did not attend workouts. Good luck to him whereever he ends up.

Woody Wilson- Passes up a Big 12 scholarship offer to come here and try to rescue our Quarterback situation. Shows flashes of brilliance, delivers our biggest win of 2006, struggles, gets benched. Never really gets another chance after that. Whatever happened since Dodge's arrival, I have no idea.

Granted, that may not be as sympathetic a story as getting 23 chances to show what you can do and starting almost every game you were ever healthy for, but perhaps we can take a moment of silence amidst all the MeagerMania to note the passing of El Presidente.

I wish things had worked out for Wilson, and given the opportunity he sacrificed to come here, I DO feel sorry for him about how things turned out.

Woody Wilson- Passes up a Big 12 scholarship offer to come here and try to rescue our Quarterback situation. Shows flashes of brilliance, delivers our biggest win of 2006, struggles, gets benched. Never really gets another chance after that. Whatever happened since Dodge's arrival, I have no idea.

Granted, that may not be as sympathetic a story as getting 23 chances to show what you can do and starting almost every game you were ever healthy for, but perhaps we can take a moment of silence amidst all the MeagerMania to note the passing of El Presidente.

I wish things had worked out for Wilson, and given the opportunity he sacrificed to come here, I DO feel sorry for him about how things turned out.

I feel bad for Mr. Wilson. He did pass up a B-12 scholarship.....to play DB or WR. He took a chance coming here because he wanted to play QB, and we were the only ones that were going to give him a serious look at that position. Who knows how things would have turned out for him if he had gotten some decent coaching from the very beginning.

I feel bad for Mr. Wilson. He did pass up a B-12 scholarship.....to play DB or WR. He took a chance coming here because he wanted to play QB, and we were the only ones that were going to give him a serious look at that position. Who knows how things would have turned out for him if he had gotten some decent coaching from the very beginning.

All very true and well put. And I'm not saying he was entitled to anything but that chance... I'm just sorry for him that the chance didn't work out.

Man I'm gonnna miss him. He could make something out of nothing at times. I'll always remember him for the win against SMU and for throwing the first TD pass on UT that I can remember. I hope it works out for him wherever he goes from here.

PS. How are we gonna find somebody with as good a name to play on as Woody?

That's incredible, wouldn't they know not to stand next to each other? :lol:

If I were Moore and Goode I would just walk around to teammates where I might be able to create some funny combinations:

Once you've had some Dick...either Casey or Nathan...maybe you're hungry and you go stand next to Reggie Fish...perhaps prepared by Chris Baker or Grant Cook. After dinner, maybe Moore and Goode want some entertainment...so they go stand next to Ramon Broadway.

In the end tho...after lots of Dick and Fish...Moore and Goode want what we all want...some DeMarcus, Jamar and Jermaine LOVE

I sure wish we had Woody in the mix going into the OU game. He provided the "x factor" that I don't know if any of our other QBs have.

Woody is a special athlete. Just not a special QB. If he had the X factor, then Dodge wouldn't let a 18 year kid be our back up. WW should have swallowed his pride and played WR, Punt and kick off returner or something else to help his team and to do what is right by the team, imo.

No doubt that Woody is athletic and could have helped in some form or fashion.

In Dodge and Meager we trust.

Edited by Dodge2007

Woody is a special athlete. Just not a special QB. If he had the X factor, then Dodge wouldn't let a 18 year kid be our back up. WW should have swallowed his pride and played WR, Punt and kick off returner or something else to help his team and to do what is right by the team, imo.

No doubt that Woody is athletic and could have helped in some form or fashion.

In Dodge and Meager we trust.

I will be shocked if DM against OU and SMU can do half of what Woody did against UT and SMU.

That said, in Dodge I trust; and in Meager I close my eyes, cross my fingers, and wish for the best.

Edited by Mean Green 93-98

I will be shocked if DM against OU and SMU can do half of what Woody did against UT and SMU.

That said, in Dodge I trust; and in Meager I close my eyes, cross my fingers, and wish for the best.

We really can't compare the two. Woody did great against SMU last year but we have a completely different system in place now. I don't think we can judge anything by what was done in the Dickey system. Now if Meager has the same results as the past two years then we just know he’s a spare but until we see him in action under Todge we won’t know.