Biggest Concern Heading Into 08 And Beyond ?

NT03

Biggest concern, and nothing else even comes close....

A short term solution will be utilized and another substandard stadium will be be built to replace the current one.

I can accept wins, losses and coaching changes, but I can never accept completely selling out the future for the short term gain.

Please feel free to respond to my post if you've been following this program since before 2000. Newbies, please wait a few years before responding.

Biggest concern, and nothing else even comes close....

A short term solution will be utilized and another substandard stadium will be be built to replace the current one.

I can accept wins, losses and coaching changes, but I can never accept completely selling out the future for the short term gain.

I think everyone here agrees that putting a band-aid on a bullet wound isn’t a great idea nor that we currently have a substandard stadium. But I really don’t think building a new stadium with modern amenities I perpetuating the small thinking do nothing program we’ve grown to know and love. We’ve currently done nothing to prove we need nor deserve a new 45k plus stadium and until we do can’t we be realistic and begin a process that will take us into the future. There is no doubt we need a new stadium and due to recent support of this program we’ve be luck to get a new 20k seat stadium it’s about what we’ve earned. A lot of people think people don’t show up because of Fouts and maybe that’s the case and maybe it’s not but let’s find out. Let’s flow the athletics department’s plans and see if the school and the fans come through and start supporting the program if they do there is no doubt in my mind we will have a new modern 45k plus seat stadium with in 10 years. We currently average less than 16k per game think of how much extra money will be made when we start selling out at 32k per game. Once that happens won’t need to worry about a new multimillion dollar donor to come along and save us we’ll be able to save ourselves.

Anyone can make a poll

OH YOU MEAN PRESSING THIS BUTTON

poll.jpg

What? it's not there? It used to be there, but not anymore. Okay, sorry for the sarcasm but lets get this addressed please? I must have missed it, because I'm fairly net savy, perused everywhere on the board for it and did a search for it in the board's "help" section. no bueno. I'm not trying to start anything here and certainly not questioning the admins if they've disabled it for most users. But this isn't explained in the admin's rules, and that's all I'm asking for...an explanation or howto.

Edited by greenminer

What? it's not there? It used to be there, but not anymore. Okay, sorry for the sarcasm but lets get this addressed please? I must have missed it, because I'm fairly net savy, perused everywhere on the board for it and did a search for it in the board's "help" section. no bueno. I'm not trying to start anything here and certainly not questioning the admins if they've disabled it for most users. But this isn't explained in the admin's rules, and that's all I'm asking for...an explanation or howto.

Yeah i though it might be unlocked after a certain number of posts but your at almost 1700 and still can't poll so I guess I'll just give up my life long dream of starting a poll.

I think everyone here agrees that putting a band-aid on a bullet wound isn’t a great idea nor that we currently have a substandard stadium. But I really don’t think building a new stadium with modern amenities I perpetuating the small thinking do nothing program we’ve grown to know and love. We’ve currently done nothing to prove we need nor deserve a new 45k plus stadium and until we do can’t we be realistic and begin a process that will take us into the future. There is no doubt we need a new stadium and due to recent support of this program we’ve be luck to get a new 20k seat stadium it’s about what we’ve earned. A lot of people think people don’t show up because of Fouts and maybe that’s the case and maybe it’s not but let’s find out. Let’s flow the athletics department’s plans and see if the school and the fans come through and start supporting the program if they do there is no doubt in my mind we will have a new modern 45k plus seat stadium with in 10 years. We currently average less than 16k per game think of how much extra money will be made when we start selling out at 32k per game. Once that happens won’t need to worry about a new multimillion dollar donor to come along and save us we’ll be able to save ourselves.

We will never ever have more than 22-24k ever at Fouts. Even if the team zoomed through the roof, let's be honest. No one is going to pay to sit in those end zone seats. I bleed green and i wouldn't sit in them for free. I wouldn't sit in them if you paid me.

If you have no doubts that we will have a 45k stadium within 10 years i'd like to know what you know. Because RV has been here what 7 years? and we haven't even progressed past the "virtual" stadium phase. Never mind that he has never gone on record with anything more than a 30k stadium. Not saying it's his fault, just saying nothing has really happened to truly believe a new stadium is anything more than a dream. That's just the facts.

However in the meantime they had to dress up Fouts. Because i do think that drawing about 20k is possible for the next couple of seasons and you can't continually ask people to fork out money for season tickets or tickets in general and have that place be in disrepair. Hell, i dread going to the bathroom still and i've been going to Fouts for 15 years.

I guess what sums it up it the new catch phrase right now....."it is what it is". Unfortunately what it is is that we are going to be going to Fouts for a long time. At least in my opinion.

We will never ever have more than 22-24k ever at Fouts. Even if the team zoomed through the roof, let's be honest. No one is going to pay to sit in those end zone seats. I bleed green and i wouldn't sit in them for free. I wouldn't sit in them if you paid me.

If you have no doubts that we will have a 45k stadium within 10 years i'd like to know what you know. Because RV has been here what 7 years? and we haven't even progressed past the "virtual" stadium phase. Never mind that he has never gone on record with anything more than a 30k stadium. Not saying it's his fault, just saying nothing has really happened to truly believe a new stadium is anything more than a dream. That's just the facts.

However in the meantime they had to dress up Fouts. Because i do think that drawing about 20k is possible for the next couple of seasons and you can't continually ask people to fork out money for season tickets or tickets in general and have that place be in disrepair. Hell, i dread going to the bathroom still and i've been going to Fouts for 15 years.

I guess what sums it up it the new catch phrase right now....."it is what it is". Unfortunately what it is is that we are going to be going to Fouts for a long time. At least in my opinion.

Thanks for a good dose of reality, meanrob. I completely agree with the endzone seats comment. Atrocious. People are very brave to sit over there. Honestly the only way I'm sitting in those seats is for 5 bucks for my entire family. Anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves. The only way people would sit on those seats on a regular basis is for GOOD OOC opponents, and I mean like BIG 12 teams, maybe Navy, etc. but probably not for *most* CUSA teams either. I also agree with dressing up fouts. People need to wake up to two realities:

1.) We are stuck with fouts for at least 5 more years barring a miracle

2.) We need to spend money on fouts to renovate it to a reasonable state.

Not sure why "Too high of expectations of TD..." would be a concern. I don't see how people's expectations affect the program one way or the other. I guess you might consider it a concern if you think the masses are expecting us to go 9-3 and we go 3-9 and they bail on the program. I don't think that's likely (the "bailing" part, the 3-9 part is quite likely).

On the other hand, if we don't get out of Fouts, ever...well, that'll mean a lot of things have gone wrong.