Censorship Stinks - Topics Being Deleted Is Wrong

GreenBlooded1

I am not sure who deleted my topic with pictures of the new Unis, or exactly why. Granted I let the cat out of the bag, but hey there were 200 people in that room and MANY pictures were taken by numerous people... If they REALLY wanted it to be TOP SECRET they would not have shown them now would they?? They could have told us that we would have to come to the BBQ to see them with everyone else. (I am sure that about 95% of those people that were at the Football 101 will ALSO be at the BBQ anyway, I will!!). I have pictures -- I will not re-post them. Generally those of you who responded had GREAT things to say about the Unis. Nice trim and good color. Good use of the name and Fantastic overall look.

I REALLY don't see what the big deal is. Hey car mags pay big bucks for "spy" photos of new cars.

Anyway this rant will probably just be deleted like my other earlier posts.... so it really doesn't matter anyway. :angry2:

I am not sure who deleted my topic with pictures of the new Unis, or exactly why. Granted I let the cat out of the bag, but hey there were 200 people in that room and MANY pictures were taken by numerous people... If they REALLY wanted it to be TOP SECRET they would not have shown them now would they?? They could have told us that we would have to come to the BBQ to see them with everyone else. (I am sure that about 95% of those people that were at the Football 101 will ALSO be at the BBQ anyway, I will!!). I have pictures -- I will not re-post them. Generally those of you who responded had GREAT things to say about the Unis. Nice trim and good color. Good use of the name and Fantastic overall look.

I REALLY don't see what the big deal is. Hey car mags pay big bucks for "spy" photos of new cars.

Anyway this rant will probably just be deleted like my other earlier posts.... so it really doesn't matter anyway. :angry2:

It probably turned into a nice game of hjiacked grabass debating religion or something - don't get mad.

I think the uniforms are neat and I love all the colors.

I agree with you - nice trim is a good thing!

GB, check your PM.

Everyone, make sure you have read the board rules.

General Rules:

* While debating and discussion is fine, we will not tolerate rudeness, insulting posts, personal attacks or purposeless inflammatory posts. Our decision is final in these matters.

* Multiple or repeated posting in order to increase your post count is not allowed.

* Advertising, spamming and trolling is not allowed. This includes using the forum email and Private message system to spam other members.

* Each member is allowed one login account. Registering with multiple accounts is not allowed.

* We reserve the right to remove offensive posts without notice.

* We also reserve the right to ban anyone who willfully violates the forum rules.

* Also while these rules cover most common situations, they cannot anticipate everything. Consequently we reserve the right to take any actions we deem appropriate to ensure these forums are not disrupted or abused in any way.

* You cannot post any affiliate or referral links, or post anything asking for a referral. Such posts will be subject to removal.

* Do not argue with the Admins about proper use and policy.

Any threads/posts of these types will be deleted.

Advertising Services

* We do not allow people to post threads or to send private messages or emails to users here that advertise or solicit any products or services. Explicit advertising in sigs is also prohibited.

Guest JohnDenver

I'm personally not upset that you let the cat out of the bag, but the AD promised the uniforms would be unveiled at the kickoff cookout and then they pull this.

I PAID to go to the cookout just so I can catch a glimpse of the uniforms.

I don't think you were allowed to go to the lady's night at the AD -- so it is technically still the first time you can catch a glimpse in person.

Greenblooded no offense was meant buddy. We appreciate very much that you provided the post on the uni's - problem is the AD is really trying to promote their event and we want to work with them on that since it benefits the program as a whole. Please repost everything after Saturday and we will leave it alone. Sorry bout that and appreciate your contributions here on the board.

Greenblooded no offense was meant buddy. We appreciate very much that you provided the post on the uni's - problem is the AD is really trying to promote their event and we want to work with them on that since it benefits the program as a whole. Please repost everything after Saturday and we will leave it alone. Sorry bout that and appreciate your contributions here on the board.

Actually, the thread is only hidden. It will comeback Saturday after the event, none of the posts will be lost.

Actually, the thread is only hidden. It will comeback Saturday after the event, none of the posts will be lost.

Good, my fashion review took some time to compose. I have since forgot all the fine points I mentioned, until I see the pics again....carry on. :rolleyes:

Why did they let it out last night?

The inconsistentcies get old

I know. They promote the kickoff cookout as the place they were going to "unveil" the uniforms, and then they unveil them at a workshop for women who don't know anything about football.

No offense to the ladies... but the AD should do what they say they are going to do, unveil the uniforms to the boosters and season ticket holders at the kickoff.

Well, now you've gone and done it, UNTflyer. You've gone and insulted a lot of very knowledgeable ladies. Just because we didn't play, doesn't mean we "don't know anything about football!" I spent my teenage years in Abilene, TX where you know football is a way of life and I've been a football junkie for 40+ years. Please keep your generalizations to yourself in the future! (I do forgive you.)

See you at the Cookout.

GMG!

Well, now you've gone and done it, UNTflyer. You've gone and insulted a lot of very knowledgeable ladies. Just because we didn't play, doesn't mean we "don't know anything about football!" I spent my teenage years in Abilene, TX where you know football is a way of life and I've been a football junkie for 40+ years. Please keep your generalizations to yourself in the future! (I do forgive you.)

See you at the Cookout.

GMG!

The event was "Football 101". Here was the press release describing it:

DENTON – UNT will host Football 101, its annual clinic for women, at 6 p.m. today at the Mean Green Athletic Center. New UNT coach Todd Dodge and his assistants will speak on the basics of the game.

Certainly no insult was intentional... but the event was intended for women who know nothing or little about the game.

The event was "Football 101". Here was the press release describing it:

DENTON – UNT will host Football 101, its annual clinic for women, at 6 p.m. today at the Mean Green Athletic Center. New UNT coach Todd Dodge and his assistants will speak on the basics of the game.

Certainly no insult was intentional... but the event was intended for women who know nothing or little about the game.

Hey, watch it now Flyer ;). I don't care what they call it -- it is an awesome event.

Hey -- I'm sure that you guys would never go to an event that would get you: time with the coaches, time with the players, a fully catered meal, an event t-shirt, a goodie bag (which this year included a car flag), all the BOOZE you want at no extra charge!!! (beer, wine & a margarita machine!!) AND all of it was only $20???? (Granted I spent an extra $20 on raffel tickets, but hey it's still a bargan.) Hell, you guys would go if they had all of this and discussed knitting!!

They need to change the name of the event -- we DID all get shirts but I will probably never wear mine except around the house. It is PINK with green wording for God's sake!! and says Football 101 "It's not just a man's game anymore." on the back and North Texas Football on the front (small on the upper chest). I am an AVID football fan and have been for many years. One might even say that I am a "student" of the game. I don't have a memory for individual players statistics and such, but I know just about everything else there is to know about the game itself. This event may be "dumbed down" because they think we know nothing, but for most of us this is simply a FAN-TASTIC, SOCIAL gathering and a chance for us to support our University.

For all I care they can tell us every year that a touchdown is worth 6 points, or what "holding" is or that it's the quarterback's job is to throw, handoff or run with the ball. I just don't care! I've gone for the past 3 years and will continue to go as long as they have this event or one like it. I am pushing for them to do a 201 for those of us who want more detailed information -- but hey, not everyone is like me and wants to discuss curl vs. go vs. crossing vs. slant routes, the nuances of lining up as a Z, Y or X reciever, the use of TE's, blocking schemes, Blitz packages, situational substitutions, or even blocking techniques (ie the swim move etc.). But hey basically, I go because I CAN GO!! and -- so sorry............HA HA, you guys can't!!!! :D

Finally, I am glad that this post hasn't been pulled, and I am also glad that my original post will be "un-hidden" Saturday night. The unis are AWESOME!!! Go to the BBQ and support your University, the team and Coach Dodge - and see them for yourselves -- Even if you do prefer the darker green, I belive that everyone will agree that these are the best unis we have probably EVER had as a University. Top knotch for sure!! However, I must reiterate - if it was so "Classified" then they should have given us a teaser, something like just a description of them or something, and told us to come to the BBQ to see them unveiled --- Not actually shown them to us.

But hey, if we all have our wish -- this will be the last uniform change for years and years and YEARS!! (except maybe ditching the wording on the helmets and adding SOW!! :)) so hopefully this will not be an issue ever again!! Hey, a girl can dream, yes?

Thanks to everyone on this board and the passion and dedication that you all have for UNT! Let's spread it around, and fill up the stadium, shall we???

Guest GrayEagleOne

Unless they were specifically reqested to not publicize any information and/or forbidden the use of cameras then I see nothing wrong with the release. In fact, all of the information (except for the jersey) had been shown on the meangreensports.com website.

I, for one, am thankful that greenblooded1 posted the pictures. I cannot be thyre tonight due to an previously committed obligation. I had reserved by free tickets, forgetting the date. I will miss seeing my old friends and meeting most of the coaches. So this revelation sort of kept my inability to attend from being a total loss. Again, thanks.

P.S. I also think that the new uniforms are great.

See you at the Cookout.

GMG!

--Ahh.. Love those West Texas girls.. They know what is important in life. Married one... [ she won our family and friends fantasy league last year ] She even suggested we buy a hi-def wide screen-TV to watch the Super Bowl.... and we did.... .LOL

from Midland

Quoting the Bible --The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away...... The Admistrator-Gods of the board created this thing ....so they have the power and right to edit as they wish.... we have the right to not use it.... LOL

PS... I am not even close to being a Bible thumper....

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

What GreenBlooded1 said!!! I sat across from her and next to Dr. Bataille. Where else would I have that opportunity! I'll be there every year!!

GMG!