I Would Like To Introduce The 2007 Mean Green Football Helmet

caliuntfan

newhelmets2-1.jpg

You can say you saw and read it first on GMG, yes ladies and gentleman we do know now what half of our football uniforms will look like for this 2007 season. Just think how beautiful these helmets will look coming home to play FAU in front of rowdy 30,000 plus, with crimson and navy stick marks adorning the crowns of our valiant warriors. Like war paint our enemies will have a visual story conveying to them what our intentions are to do to them on the gridiron. At the same time, reminding our enemies of past struggles we have endured, along our travels to supremecy in the Division 1 ranks.

with crimson and navy stick marks adorning the crowns of our valiant warriors. Like war paint our enemies will have a visual story conveying to them what our intentions are to do to them on the gridiron

Tell me you are not talking about "pride stickers." If so, even I will laugh at our team when they take the field.

with crimson and navy stick marks adorning the crowns of our valiant warriors.

FAU colors are red and navy.... I believe that he means the marks on our helmets from our laying the lumber to their players!! :whistling1:

Personally I like it... You can tell that the image is washed out because the cage looks charcoal not black... so in reality the green should be a bit darker than this image makes it appear. I can't wait to see the unis!!

My first thought regarding the helmet stickers was pretty much the same as Emmitt's (bwaaaahaha). However, in just one day, I've done a 120 (a 180 would mean I am completely happy with the idea). Motivation is motivation and if little helmet stickers work for SLC, Ohio State, FSU, Georgia, et al, then why can't we expect them to work at UNT??

Here's an interesting article I found from USA Today regarding which teams do and do not use helmet stickers - Helmet stickers reward college football players' superior performance

I think the "pride stickers" are fine for high school teams, but this is big time college football. We should expect all our players to play with intensity every play, every game. Many of these players are being given a college education to play at North Texas.

The work ethic should be assumed. The only mark on the helmets should be of the opposing team's colors exchanged in the course of the game.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

I think the "pride stickers" are fine for high school teams, but this is big time college football. We should expect all our players to play with intensity every play, every game. Many of these players are being given a college education to play at North Texas.

The work ethic should be assumed. The only mark on the helmets should be of the opposing team's colors exchanged in the course of the game.

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

• Florida St.
  • Georgia
  • Ohio State
  • Clemson
  • NC State
  • Purdue

seems kinda big time to me

I think the "pride stickers" are fine for high school teams, but this is big time college football.

Not that I'm 100% on board with the stickers but, according to the USA Today article I previously posted in this thread, Ohio State, Florida State, Georgia, Clemson, Purdue, North Carolina State, Vanderbilt, East Carolina, Cincinnati and Louisiana-Lafayette currently use the helmet stickers. Colorado, Arizona and Pittsburgh recently discontinued use of the stickers. I wouldn't classify all of these schools as "big-time college football" programs (nor would I currently put UNT in that category), but you can't get much bigger than Ohio State, Florida State and Georgia when you're talking about "big-time college football".

---I hope we don't go to using little stickers all over them.... seems too much like "elementary school" when kids get a sticker for "whatever". College to me is too mature than that non-sense... note: NFL bans them.

---White helmets make sense for a team that passes and is more visible to the QB down the field when he doesn't have a lot of time to look around ...especially at night games. It appears that this is somewhat a continuation of what we have been doing with the name North Texas on the side... just not script.