Unt Diving Eagle

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where is JP now... might be a pretty easy thing to get rights to it. :)

Too cool, I want one. Hey could somenone make one "similar" but different enough not to attract the attention of the Copyright police?

I REALLY don't draw, but might be able to do something in Illustrator and Photoshop. Bet Smitty can make it happen!?!?!?!?

In fact, just to give you guys an idea of what I am trying to do, I am taking bits and pieces from the original artwork to extend the wings. This is a tricky and tedious process, but I want to have a big and full design that would look awesome on a shirt. Here's a work in progress:

JPMEANGREENsmall.jpg

Note: the black and grey areas are where the wings will be when finished.

Edited by jimbojimjim

Since we were talking about car emblems and photoshopping in one of the other threads, I thought I should go ahead and update everyone on the status of the helion T-shirt. I finished the artwork, but I'm not having much luck finding a decent deal online when it comes to making the shirts. Depending on materials and printing methods, they could cost between $15 and $25 per shirt. Does anyone have any ideas about how I should go about getting these shirts made? Does anyone have any preferences?

Oh, here's a comparision of the new artwork versus the original album cover:

JPMGcompare.jpg

Edited by jimbojimjim

Is that the biggest the image can get? If you can get it 6-8" across, just tell people to get iron-on transfer paper and make their own. That way, you don't have to front any costs and hope all of the shirts sell, people can get the right size and brand they prefer, and in the verrrry slim chance there was some sort of legal issue everyone can say they made it themselves for themselves.

OK...seriously. Is there anyone that can turn this design into something highres for t-shirts? I'm willing to put in a little money to help finance and order of shirts.

See, here's what I'm thinking...and I don't want to hear the bullcrap about "copying someone else".

Notre Dame has an Official Game Shirt...the call it "The Shirt". Everyone buys one every year...it is THE shirt to wear on gameday. The proceeds from "The Shirt" are given to a charitable cause. Click here for the origins of "The Shirt".

How about slap www.GoMeanGreen.com on the back of them...order a bunch of them...sell them for $20 a piece...give proceeds to the Andrew Smith scholarship fund. Let's make them THE shirt.

Thoughts?

Edited by JayDub

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I like both ideas. I have a high-res version of the image(12'x13'@200dpi). I guess my thought is that I really don't have the cashflow at the moment to take on a project like this or even spend the 25 bucks putting my own shirt together.

That is really cool. How big is the file?

i'll send it to my t-shirt guy

there is a new process where they can print directly onto the shirt should have pricing in a few days

That would be nice. While my shirt looks cool, it still has flaws and I'd rather have it professionally made so that it last longer and looks sharper.