Our Biggest Concern

NT03

For those of you have watched the spring practices so far ..

I voted O Line.

We have some great players on the O-line but they just need some time.

We have a lot of depth at every defensive position beside DT, we have 4 solid WRs plus the incoming recruits, a great RB (maybe 3, J Mo, Cox, and Cam).

Guest GrayEagleOne

Surprise! Surprise!

There is some talent here but, other than Rose and Venegas, very little experience. Banks, Drake and Peachey played with the green team line and that's about it. But, that's a good nucleus to build from and I think that they should be the starters...Rose at center, Banks and Drake at the guards, and Venegas and Peachey at tackles. Foster is a comer and according to the writeup, Menard will be a player. I also believe that Johnson and Tomlinson will eventually be starters and possibly all-conference types.

The rest are pretty suspect. It seems doubtful that Alexander or Crumes will be a part of the mix due to injuries. I believe that I saw Chris Eidd out there and he does have a ton of potential IMO. I don't know about Stewart. He only weighed about 260 last I saw and that's about 30 pounds light for the o-line. Tyler Bailey seems to be an adequate backup. Glass is strong but undersized with little chance to add bulk. Oops, I forgot about Carlson, the overgrown tight end. He might help. Short of walkons, that's the crop.

Come the fall I think that we could have a decent two-deep but until then....

QB. This offense is predicated on a QB that knows who to get the ball to and when. If none of our QB's take the job and run with it our offense is dead in the water.

not to worry emmitt. someone will step up and run the offense as TD wants. so far, all of the QBs have shown promise. it will boil down to who makes the most positive plays, avoids negative plays and turnovers.

QB. This offense is predicated on a QB that knows who to get the ball to and when. If none of our QB's take the job and run with it our offense is dead in the water.

True Emmit, we need a QB to step up and command the field, but without an O-Line to give him time to find a receiver, we'll never get the offense firing on all cylinders. The center/QB exchange is worrisome as well.

I'm sure this is something that this has been recognized and will get worked on by the coaching staff.

Offense all starts up front, just ask the Oakland Raiders, or Arizona Cardinals about that.. the line looked decent at pass blocking yesterday, but when we ran the ball there were 3 guys in the backfield by the time the RB got the ball... I just hate seeing the RB get the ball and his first move is into the fetal position

Yeah... SLC ran more than they passed (contrary to the generally accepted theory), J-Mo hasn't looked like J-Mo for two years plus (or maybe he has... yikes), and our RBs were swarmed under by 3 to 4 D-Lineman 3 yards deep seemingly every time they touched the thing in the scrimmage (just like last season)... it's all OL for me - specifically, run blocking. I know we're all excited about throwing the mf'er around this year and seeing something new, but WE STILL GOTTA RUN THE THING.

Surprise! Surprise!

There is some talent here but, other than Rose and Venegas, very little experience. Banks, Drake and Peachey played with the green team line and that's about it. But, that's a good nucleus to build from and I think that they should be the starters...Rose at center, Banks and Drake at the guards, and Venegas and Peachey at tackles. Foster is a comer and according to the writeup, Menard will be a player. I also believe that Johnson and Tomlinson will eventually be starters and possibly all-conference types.

The rest are pretty suspect. It seems doubtful that Alexander or Crumes will be a part of the mix due to injuries. I believe that I saw Chris Eidd out there and he does have a ton of potential IMO. I don't know about Stewart. He only weighed about 260 last I saw and that's about 30 pounds light for the o-line. Tyler Bailey seems to be an adequate backup. Glass is strong but undersized with little chance to add bulk. Oops, I forgot about Carlson, the overgrown tight end. He might help. Short of walkons, that's the crop.

Come the fall I think that we could have a decent two-deep but until then....

Did I read somewhere on this board that Ajani Banks will not be with us in the fall? ;)

D line.

When your members of the current O line can drive and score against Texas, then the second string of this group can finish scoring drives against others, then to me the O line isn't the problem.

When you can't stop anyone with 3 D linemen, and your now adding another by going back to the 4-3 the next year then to me that's the greatest concern we have right now.

Rick