Lets Talk Tailgating

This thread is so typical of this board. What do we really know here? One guy posts a rumor he's supposedly heard. We're not told the source, but everybody goes off half cocked and starts posting on the relative pros and cons of a supposed policy change that NONE of us know the details of or even if the change is fact or not.

Cool your jets everyone, why don't we wait till the Ath dept comments on this....then we can all go ape-sh*t ! :)

Cool your jets everyone, why don't we wait till the Ath dept comments on this....then we can all go ape-sh*t ! :)

Will these comments be coming from the Athletic Department before or after the first home game?

This thread is so typical of this board. What do we really know here? One guy posts a rumor he's supposedly heard. We're not told the source, but everybody goes off half cocked and starts posting on the relative pros and cons of a supposed policy change that NONE of us know the details of or even if the change is fact or not.

We do know general public parking spaces around Fouts will be fewer next season because of the increase in MGC members and donors and new season ticket holders. Athletics has raised the donation level for a green lot space, thus lower level donors are pushed into the orange and other lots leaving fewer non-donor spaces available.

All this talk of tailgating areas and locality to the stadium will hopefully soon change again in a couple years when a NEW stadium opens on Eagle Point. That will be interesting to tailgate around the bonefire pond, duck pond, or under the large golf course oak trees. Will the "March" be moved indoors from the dorm to locker room? :huh:

Edited by NT80

Good points, BA...

And FWIW, all this happening now are just "get ready for even more change$" for when we debut a new 40,000 seat stadium over at the Mean Green Village. All this is just warming everyone up for that big move across Interstate I35E if you think about it.

So do hang onto your hats and get a pay raise or a moonlighting job for what will be happening when we move into that new football palace over at the Mean Green Village. It will be a new and most welcome era for Mean Green football; in many ways, it will be our national statement to all that we are truly interested in being a legitimate, bonafide BCS player in NCAA D1-A. It will also open up so many new recruiting avenues for a bright, positive-thinking head football coach in Mean Green Country. And..............FWIW, you can't have one (the new stadium) without having the other (the Norman Vincent Peal'esque head football coach).

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

We do know general public parking spaces around Fouts will be fewer next season because of the increase in MGC members and donors and new season ticket holders. Athletics has raised the donation level for a green lot space, thus lower level donors are pushed into the orange and other lots leaving fewer non-donor spaces available.

I still say that the field in question was just resurfaced by the school and there is no way they are going to send a bunch of tailgaters over there to trash it.

I still say that the field in question was just resurfaced by the school and there is no way they are going to send a bunch of tailgaters over there to trash it.

The "field in question" has always hosted tailgating, the Kid's Zone, stage for the band, corporate/departmental tents, etc... Folks aren't going to be parking on it, just tailgating.

The "field in question" has always hosted tailgating, the Kid's Zone, stage for the band, corporate/departmental tents, etc... Folks aren't going to be parking on it, just tailgating.

Uhh, wait... the first post said the field across from the REC center.

Has anyone heard that tailgating will now be moved to the soccer field at the PEB across from the REC center?

I may be mistaken as to where exactly this person means, but the field across from the rec center is not where the tents, Kid's Zone, etc are located. it is currently used for rec soccer, jogging, etc and was shut down last year when the school was resurfacing it.

When we played LSU at Tiger Stadium, Friends and I made the trip up to Baton Rouge. Those Tiger fans were parking all over campus; side walks, grass areas, parking lots... everywhere! It did not look like they were boxed in and had to stay in a confined area.

I don't know if that is hat is being proposed here at UNT but, it would certainly blow if we were forced in a box. I personally tailgated in the orange lot last year and loved it. We have to evolve as a taligating school and putting barriers up, IMO, is not a good idea. Sending the peasants (lower class) to the soccer field is not a good idea.

I believe in First Come; First Serve! If you payed for the Orange Lot and you are an early bird, You get your spot. The free parking area at Fouts was a ****ing mess last year when we opened against SMU. Parking Enforcement was dictaing where to park. People weeeerrrrreeere pissed! that is not how it is done!

Keep it SIMPLE! Keep it FUN!

Uhh, wait... the first post said the field across from the REC center.

I may be mistaken as to where exactly this person means, but the field across from the rec center is not where the tents, Kid's Zone, etc are located. it is currently used for rec soccer, jogging, etc and was shut down last year when the school was resurfacing it.

This is what I was referring to:

I assume they are moving the tent/stage areas off the practice fields and over to the PEB fields; maybe to free up grass parking if needed on the practice fields?

I agree with you. I don't think they would ever allow parking on the PEB fields.

This whole thread is massively confusing. If we are defining tailgating as setting up your grill, cooler, chairs, etc. near your car, then nothing will change about that.

If suddenly they forbade you from doing that...I can guarantee a significant loss of attendance. That is part of what got us where we are now.

If we are defining tailgating as the MG Village, I don't really care where they do that.

Orange lot rules!

Edited by kj86

When we played LSU at Tiger Stadium, Friends and I made the trip up to Baton Rouge. Those Tiger fans were parking all over campus; side walks, grass areas, parking lots... everywhere! It did not look like they were boxed in and had to stay in a confined area.

I don't know if that is hat is being proposed here at UNT but, it would certainly blow if we were forced in a box. I personally tailgated in the orange lot last year and loved it. We have to evolve as a taligating school and putting barriers up, IMO, is not a good idea. Sending the peasants (lower class) to the soccer field is not a good idea.

I believe in First Come; First Serve! If you payed for the Orange Lot and you are an early bird, You get your spot. The free parking area at Fouts was a ****ing mess last year when we opened against SMU. Parking Enforcement was dictaing where to park. People weeeerrrrreeere pissed! that is not how it is done!

Keep it SIMPLE! Keep it FUN!

Last year, and for the 4 or so years previous, we tailgated in the Blue lot. Last year, they began forcing people to park in certain spaces. Although we're season ticket holders, we never received any notification that we wouldn't be able to park where we wanted. Fire and safety hazard aside, the parking was an absolute disaster. It's frustrating to be rubbing elbows with people when two rows down, there's a space as large as a football field. We befriended one of the parking attendants and chatted a bit about the parking situation.

He said that before the first home game, the crew arrived at 7:00am and got briefed by Athletics. Athletics told them that everyone had been informed that there would be assigned parking. (My in-laws finally received a parking notice - after the first two home games! My husband and I never got a notice.) I think this year will be better, just because people know what to expect, but we've moved to the Orange lot just to be sure!