Thank You!

UNT_92_Fan

I wanna be the first to come on say what a fun year it has been watching these guys! I haven't been sticking it out as long as FFR and the other "old-timers" ( no offense) but my five years following this team was made SO worth it today watchign the guys play there hearts out for their school in the Dance!

JJ thanks for re-routing what was a team in trouble!

When and where are they coming back we still need to show up and show them LOVE!

GO MEAN GREEN!

WOW THIS HAS BEEN FUN!

I don't think I have ever been more proud to sport my Green all over town!! Thanks for the ride guys. You gave it a hell of a shot and represented us well. Very memorable season and props for all of your accomplishments. For you Seniors.... what a way to go out, you rock!!!! You've given future teams and our young guys just a taste. SEE YOU AT THE SUPER PIT in '08!!

Win or Loose we love you!!! GO GREEN!!!!!! :excl::thumbsup:

Wow - I truly believe that this team really overachieved this year - which is a helluva lot better than underachieving. What a great ride - we really appreciate how JJ and his team represented UNT this year!!!

Finally, the future looks bright for UNT basketball!!!

It was a great season. I had so much fun at the games this past season and can't wait for the next. I just got back from watching the game at Riprock's and it was a blast. I also want to give Coach Jones and Rich Young props for representing the university so well during this time of increased media attention. Thanks guys!

Craig

I don't think I have ever been more proud to sport my Green all over town!! Thanks for the ride guys. You gave it a hell of a shot and represented us well. Very memorable season and props for all of your accomplishments. For you Seniors.... what a way to go out, you rock!!!! You've given future teams and our young guys just a taste. SEE YOU AT THE SUPER PIT in '08!!

Win or Loose we love you!!! GO GREEN!!!!!! :excl::thumbsup:

Hopefully you mean "SEE YOU AT THE SUPER PIT IN '07". And I also hope that the team plays "loose" and wins also! :) Couldn't resist, LOL!! Great job guys. You did a good job of hanging in there, and just a couple of good bounces could have put us over the top. I personally thought that we had 'em scared in the first half, and if we had shot better and avoided the turnovers, we were the better team. We had the better overall inside game, but just couldn't put together the entire 40 minutes that we needed to win. See ya next year!

This team won me over the first time I saw them play this year against Texas College, and I have believed in them ever since.. I'm proud of what this team did, and I hope we can build on this experience and do it again next year.. The seniors carried this team when we were stumbling, and became heros in the hears of many of us.. Calvin Watson, Rich Young, and Kendrick Davis are names that will stay in the minds of Mean Green fans for years and years to come.. Goodluck to you guys in the future and Thank you for what you have done not only for this program but for the university all together..

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Edited by Keith7

I've got a question...

What happened with the 88' team after they lost? Why did they not get back to the Dance the next year?

I think we've got a great shot to get back to the Dance next year if we can find someone to fill the shoes of KD and C Watt.

Edited by MeanGreengdub

I've got a question...

What happened with the 88' team after they lost? Why did they not get back to the Dance the next year?

They won the conference again the next season ('88-'89) and hosted the post season tourney, again on ESPN. But lost to McNeese State in the tourney championship. Then I believe they had a down year the next year and lost early in the tourney, but the next season after that, even though they won only 6 or 7 games all year, still made it to the post season tourney champoinship game on ESPN but lost easily to ULM for the Dance bid. Had they won that game they would have been in the tourney with 7 or 8 wins, total. So basically the freshmen(can't recall who that would be, other than Ronnie Morgan, although he didn't play all 4 years?) on the '87-88' team played for the right to go to the Dance 3 out of 4 seasons.

Rick