Unt Athletics Charges (wtf?)

UNTflyer

I am a Victory level member and have 2 Section E tickets, and I am on the payment plan. This should total $700 (give or take), but yesterday I was charged almost $650 on my credit card after previously being charged a payment in February. By my calculations, I've been charged a total of $870.

I emailed the ticket office today, but I was wondering did anyone else get overcharged yesterday?

:unsure:

I am a Victory level member and have 2 Section E tickets, and I am on the payment plan. This should total $700 (give or take), but yesterday I was charged almost $650 on my credit card after previously being charged a payment in February. By my calculations, I've been charged a total of $870.

I emailed the ticket office today, but I was wondering did anyone else get overcharged yesterday?

:unsure:

After hearing story after story like this...I've decided not to give or buy tickets this year. I worked my budget and figured I could give at a lower lever if I could payment plan the whole thing...but not now. Not until whoever is running the show over there gets her stuff together.

After hearing story after story like this...I've decided not to give or buy tickets this year. I worked my budget and figured I could give at a lower lever if I could payment plan the whole thing...but not now. Not until whoever is running the show over there gets her stuff together.

I've never had a problem with charges/tickets, etc. Give or don't give, but why not talk to the ticket office before deciding. They do have an 800 number.

What the ticket office/MGC people need to figure out is that they will sell a lot more tickets and get a lot more donations if people can make 8-12 payments rather than 3-5. I would rather collect 1000 over the course of a year than getting 500 over 5 months and nothing else after that. They are being penny wise and pound foolish by getting rid of the long payment plans.

What the ticket office/MGC people need to figure out is that they will sell a lot more tickets and get a lot more donations if people can make 8-12 payments rather than 3-5. I would rather collect 1000 over the course of a year than getting 500 over 5 months and nothing else after that. They are being penny wise and pound foolish by getting rid of the long payment plans.

Thank you...it's the same reason car manufactures have gotten smart and started financing that covers 72 months! $350/month SOUNDS a lot better than $600/month. More people buy cars as a result. The same is true of season tickets and giving...do what works.

"gets her stuff together?" JayDub...you'd better have someone specific in mind or else I'm apt to think that was a sexist remark.

Actually he had somebody VERY specific in mind.

As to the original post, don't get me started. My wife and I are dropping down to the $250 level (and I can't get her to budge) just so that we can write a single check for our tickets and donation before the ridiculous March 28 deadline. Never again will North Texas touch our checking account because of a myriad of reasons...surprise charges, lack of communication, lack of helpfulness when I called, general incompetence, overlapping last year's and this year's charges, etc. For a program that wants to grow it would help to take care of those who have been here through the shitty times.

I was considering quadrupling my giving level since I will be graduating soon...............can't say I will for sure now with all of this crap going on.

We are the die hards...........what will the fencesitters do when faced with this?

guys i would like to say with the utmost sarcasm that I give more than all of you, and it is a forced giving. When tution increases I have to comply..... damn North Texas board of regents for raising tution.

I was considering quadrupling my giving level since I will be graduating soon...............can't say I will for sure now with all of this crap going on.

We are the die hards...........what will the fencesitters do when faced with this?

guys i would like to say with the utmost sarcasm that I give more than all of you, and it is a forced giving. When tution increases I have to comply..... damn North Texas board of regents for raising tution.

I'll say with the utmost sarcasm that I don't think your "giving" exceed quite a few on this board. That said, we need another student athletic fee increase to help with stadium funding. :rolleyes:

Edited by MeanGreen61

im actually trying to do that now.... but i was thinkin $30 fee each semester for a baseball team

I'll say with the utmost sarcasm that I don't think your "giving" exceed quite a few on this board. That said, we need another student athletic fee increase to help with stadium funding. :rolleyes:

I do the one time check thing. Even so I've been irritated at a lack of communication with the home office about a variety of things(like not getting my MGC "gift" for being a member, or being able to get on the MGC section of the MeangreenGear website).

I thought maybe I was being ignored because I live so far away. Guess not. :rolleyes:

Edited by CMJ

Go find someplace cheaper!! You won't. It's students like you that are the reason the FB stadium is not now already in place. For a fee of no more than you spend on beer in a semester we could have had the stadium. Now it may never be a reality. And yes I've given more $$$ to the stadium than you have paid in total tuition and never asked for a thing for doing so. Whinners that get a Neiman-Marcus education for a Walmart price and still moan need to get in the workforce and out of school if you can't pony up. Grow up and learn to have some pride in your university.

Go find someplace cheaper!! You won't. It's students like you that are the reason the FB stadium is not now already in place. For a fee of no more than you spend on beer in a semester we could have had the stadium. Now it may never be a reality. And yes I've given more $$$ to the stadium than you have paid in total tuition and never asked for a thing for doing so. Whinners that get a Neiman-Marcus education for a Walmart price and still moan need to get in the workforce and out of school if you can't pony up. Grow up and learn to have some pride in your university.

I don't think he was whining (completely) but I agree. At any other school they wouldn't have put a tuition increase to a vote...they woulda just done it.

This Argument again?

It's easy for alumns to blame the students for not having the stadium built already. But the fact of the matter is it actually is NOT the fault of the students. It IS the fault of PAST UNT students, and administrators. It IS the fault of the Alumns (none of whom are on this board). The students give plenty already, and if it weren't for what the students currently give, the operations of the athletic dept. would come to a screeching halt very quickly.

There are cheaper places too Dallas Green. I don't know when you graduated, but it really isn't that much more expensive to attend classes at A&M or UT. As for Neiman-Marcus education at a Walmart price, well I don't know how you go from the quality of classes to department stores to funding football stadiums and draw a line between all 3 of them and then hide behind such a sad arguement as, "get into the real world." When I would venture to say over half of the students on campus are working in the "real world".

And... If I read your statement correctly, I should stop drinking, but you can still do it? That's fair.

I think all of your arguments are outdated. You should probably find some new ones.

I think for the most part our students are grown up and don't need to prove it to the alumns by paying for a new place for them to bring back college memories.

That being said, once I start making millions, I will personally fund the new football stadium.

While we're on the subject of donation/tix/payment plans, here's my story.

I was planning to up my donation from $250 to $500 this year, primarily to demonstrate my satisfaction with the offseason changes. On my form, I indicated that I wanted (2) $250 MGC memberships so that I could get 2 parking passes. NO DICE! They called and told me that I couldn't do that. I said, fine, then I'll just give $250. Whoever it was that called didn't not care one iota that I was cutting my donation in half.

He actually said that that's the rule because someone could come along and give $10,000 and scoop up a huge block of parking spaces.

My group has a total of 6 season tickets. I don't think it's unreasonable for us to have access to 2 parking spaces.

While we're on the subject of donation/tix/payment plans, here's my story.

I was planning to up my donation from $250 to $500 this year, primarily to demonstrate my satisfaction with the offseason changes. On my form, I indicated that I wanted (2) $250 MGC memberships so that I could get 2 parking passes. NO DICE! They called and told me that I couldn't do that. I said, fine, then I'll just give $250. Whoever it was that called didn't not care one iota that I was cutting my donation in half.

He actually said that that's the rule because someone could come along and give $10,000 and scoop up a huge block of parking spaces.

My group has a total of 6 season tickets. I don't think it's unreasonable for us to have access to 2 parking spaces.

:D:D:D I forgot how funny those people could be about setting policy. Are they saying that they would not give out an extra parking pass or two to someone who had just made a $10,000 MGC donation?

You know, if someone has turned loose of that kind of money, I would not have a problem with them having a parking space for every $1000 of their donation.

Besides, the last time I was in the orange parking lot for a game, there had to be at least 100 extra parking spaces available.

It's a bit early to be treating the orange parking lot as if it's the hottest parking pass in town on game day.

Edited by SilverEagle

I've had ticket office or donations issues for the past several seasons now. They eventually straighten everything out but it's like pulling teeth each year trying to get simple instructions communicated. I've decided to hand-carry my renewals into the office now, and take names! This needs to be fixed ASAP. The larger the fan base grows, the more efficient the ticket office and donation process needs to become. It's a bad first impression on the program the way it has been recently. We don't need to be turning away any new ticket buyers or donation givers because of poor policies or their incorrect implementation. ^_^

Edited by NT80

I have had season tickets for 10+ years and never had a problem. I have been a MGC member for many years and never had a problem with that either. Do they need to get better as the base grows, yes. But they are dealing with thousands of transactions and several sports. Mistakes are going to happen. I would rather see members of this board proactively try to help make things better rather than take shots at the Athletic dept and threaten (or actually) reduce donations.

If you want 2 parking passes, its very simple. All you have to do is have 2 different individuals each make one of the $250 donations rather than trying to make two $250 donations for one person. As long as its a different name, different account, they have no problem with that. You can even have the same person write the check covering the two accounts. I did this to help out my brother for a few years and never had a problem.

Accoridng to the MGC brochure, starting at the $2500 donation level, you get 2 parking passes.