Troy Vs Rice

Charlie NT 73

It depends on which Troy team shows up. Their early and late season team or the team that struggled in the middle of the season. A lot of that may depend on which Omar shows up. Troy is the better team, but that doesn't mean they will win.

(side note - the MUTS are playing Central Michigan in Detroit for the Motor City Bowl its Troy vs Rice in the NO Bowl. You have it right in your title not in your post).

I like Rice to win this game. Handily. I think Dillard and Co have plenty of firepower, and Applewhite/Graham should have a good offensive game plan. Should be a good one to watch.

I agree, Troy is streaky but I don't see them pulling this one out. Rice played UH down to the wire, killed a decent Army squad, played UCLA close in Cali, and was one loss away from playing in the C-USA champ game. Interested to see how the teams matchup.

Edited by Eagle1855

Build the Belt. Beat EVERY CUSA team starting now. It will be harder for them to put us down when we consistantly beat them.

I think Rice will have no problem with this game.

The CUSA friends that don't put down the Sunbelt. In fact, they spend their time justifying why they are on the verge of being as good as some of the BCS conferences. Just as we spend a great deal of energy justifying why we should be in CUSA or how the Sunbelt is on the verge of being a better conference then CUSA. Just my opinion based on the people that I know and the message boards that I "lurk" on.

Check your PM

Trounce 'em, Trojans. I'll back a public former "normal" college over a private anytime.

State school all the way, baby.

I'll back a Texas school over some relatively obscure state school in Alabama everyday! It's impressive to see rice win since they have ridiculous admissions standards, even for their athletes, which cannot be said about Troy State.

so I say, go nerds! I don't care about the sunbelt conference. build the PROGRAM so we can get the hell out of here!

I'll back a Texas school over some relatively obscure state school in Alabama everyday! It's impressive to see rice win since they have ridiculous admissions standards, even for their athletes, which cannot be said about Troy State.

so I say, go nerds! I don't care about the sunbelt conference. build the PROGRAM so we can get the hell out of here!

Spoken like a true Houstonian. B)

Spoken like a true Houstonian. B)

hey, I never said my opinion didn't come with a side of bias... B) but I generally root for Texas teams against anyone else.

I don't know how we would expect others to support our conference when we won't support our conference mate in a classic conference vs. conference showdown.

As a champion of the underdog and perennial loser (see avatar) I like watching the SBC members upset the "bigger" schools. For me, this is more about it being Rice than it is the sunbelt. I hope MTSU kills CMU.

Edited by Eagle1855

Having grown up in Houston watching a lot of Rice games, I do have a soft spot for the Owls but am pulling for the Trojans. I still really don't appreciate the way the Owls acted when we whipped them a few years back. Besides, I recently got to cheer for Rice when I watched them make the Punies cry at Rice Stadium a few weeks ago. They looked pretty good in their fourth quarter come back, but I give Troy a decent chance of pulling it off if they can get their offense untracked.

I like Rice to win this game. Handily. I think Dillard and Co have plenty of firepower, and Applewhite/Graham should have a good offensive game plan. Should be a good one to watch.

I agree, Troy is streaky but I don't see them pulling this one out. Rice played UH down to the wire, killed a decent Army squad, played UCLA close in Cali, and was one loss away from playing in the C-USA champ game. Interested to see how the teams matchup.

Ok well, I'll call myself out, as it wasnt even close to what I thought would happen in the game.

Great win for Troy and the SBC. They were CLEARLY the better team.