18. Northern Iowa 6-1 186 NR

19. Bucknell 3-5 149 6

20. Drexel 4-2 141 15

21. North Texas 5-2 132 NR

22. North Dakota State 5-2 117 NR

23. Eastern Kentucky 5-2 112 NR

24. George Mason 3-3 101 7

25. UC Santa Barbara 5-2 96 N

I stand corrected.  apparently there is a voting panel for it.

Still nothing the world puts much stock into.

Everybody in the basketball world puts stock into it. Behind the Coaches poll and the AP poll this is the next in line. It counts out the big conferances but if you are in them and not good enough to get in the AP polls then oh well.

People there is a lot more into basktball then being in the Ap top 25. Look at the midmajor poll and you will see teams who have beat teams in the Ap poll.

Good grief. Why does everybody expect us to turn a neglected program for many years in to a national title contender in a few years.

This is not a small step as many think, this is a huge step. To have 2 losses and still be in the poll shows that we are gaining respected in the basketball world.

Good grief. Why does everybody expect us to turn a neglected program for many years in to a national title contender in a few years.

This is not a small step as many think, this is a huge step. To have 2 losses and still be in the poll shows that we are gaining respected in the basketball world.

National Contender but conference Contender yes and right now UNT is not even close to being a conference contender. Untill JJ proves he can win in January thru March

Do not buy into this mid-major crap. It is nothing more than a long term effort to separate the haves from the have nots.

Something about cooking a frog by starting out with cool water and heating it slowly comes to mind.

If we accept this as our position then they will have won without a battle.

Keith

that doesnt make a whole lot of sense but ok....your the same guy who said we need to shoot more 3's though

What does every sports fan? Answer that for me friend.

Hope!

in the past 50 years there have been how many Champions in college basketball? hmmm.... lets say 50.

But every year every fan thinks thier team can win it all.

Every year fans try to cheer their team to wins, they hope that they can in some way help them win. No matter how much they suck.

wink.gif

umm ok.... I am the guy who said i want them to shoot more threes.... so your point is that i dont know anything about basketball? Oh im sorry you must have gotten that from your reliable source right? wink.gif

6-2* baby dont trip up on saturday.

Edited by untwillrise

What does every sports fan? Answer that for me friend.

Hope!

in the past 50 years there have been how many Champions in college basketball? hmmm.... lets say 50.

But every year every fan thinks thier team can win it all.

Every year fans try to cheer their team to wins, they hope that they can in some way help them win. No matter how much they suck.

wink.gif

umm ok.... I am the guy who said i want them to shoot more threes.... so your point is that i dont know anything about basketball?  Oh im sorry you must have gotten that from your reliable source right? wink.gif

6-2* baby dont trip up on saturday.

like i said the end of the year could have meant the end of the calendar year and i didnt really think of it like that...and yeah i am implying you dont know anything about basketball if you want us to jack up more 3's...we dont need more 3's because we already take bad ones now sometimes

like i said the end of the year could have meant the end of the calendar year and i didnt really think of it like that...and yeah i am implying you dont know anything about basketball if you want us to jack up more 3's...we dont need more 3's because we already take bad ones now sometimes

laugh.gif

I love this board so much.

Yes I have been palying and watching basketball since i was 4 and i want them to jack up threes.

I said jack up threes when they were down by 25 and kept turning the ball over.

I then said yes i want more threes. There are a millions ways to get a good look at a three. I would much rather have Sturns, young, or watts get a chance at a 3 then the ball be forced down to the post to players that can't score int the post.

So now bring on the complaints of how wooden played so well.

laugh.gif

I love this board so much.

Yes I have been palying and watching basketball since i was 4 and i want them to jack up threes.

I said jack up threes when they were down by 25 and kept turning the ball over.

I then said yes i want more threes. There are a millions ways to get a good look at a three. I would much rather have Sturns, young, or watts get a chance at a 3 then the ball be forced down to the post to players that can't score int the post.

So now bring on the complaints of how wooden played so well.

jacking up 3's when your down 25 is pointless....for 1 its probably gonna get you blown out because the 3 isnt a high percentage shot 2. that is when you work your offense to get good shots a good shot is not necessarily forcing it down low to a big man which you seem to think it is not go down the floor with the thought of hey were down we need 3's...you have to work your way back into the game not go and jack up shots from deep with a long rebound which can lead to a fast break for the team already winning by 25...3rd and most importantly is play good defense

Edited by mwynn05

jacking up 3's when your down 25 is pointless....for 1 its probably gonna get you blown out because the 3 isnt a high percentage shot 2. that is when you work your offense to get good shots a good shot is not necessarily forcing it down low to a big man which you seem to think it is not go down the floor with the thought of hey were down we need 3's...you have to work your way back into the game not go and jack up shots from deep with a long rebound which can lead to a fast break for the team already winning by 25...3rd and most importantly is play good defense

Ok class what was the key to my sentence?

When every trip down the floor results in a turnover i would much rather take a jack up over a turnover.

loosing by 25 is the same as loosing by 100 or by 1. if working your offense isnt working maybe you should change it up somehow.

When every trip down the floor results in a turnover i would much rather take a jack up over a turnover.

loosing by 25 is the same as loosing by 100 or by 1. if working your offense isnt working maybe you should change it up somehow.

The places I could take this...I will just stand back and wait for E-bone to chime in....

Mind if I ask one question.... If you are a 'baller' who has played since they were 4...whats the highest level you have played?

i disagree, losing is losing, however you need to try and get better you gotta try and work to get back in the game not go down the floor and jack up shots...in the last couple of minutes i can see it but with a lot of time left you gotta work on your offense and get better at it not just jack up 3's thats a HORRIBLE strategy if your turning the ball over every time put different players in not just jack up a bad shot...you have to work to get better even if you are getting your butt handed to you........and if "loosing is loosing" why do you continue to put a "*" by the record apparently you dont really think losing is losing you just want to twist it to where it fits your opinion

Edited by mwynn05

Screw it...I won't wait for their response...though I am very interested in ebone's...hahah

So by your logic...since we are turning the ball over EVERYTIME down the court....and we need to jack up a 3 every trip down the court. Then from a coaching standpoint Johnny Jones needs the people most likely to make the three on the court. So based on the team we have we need

Ben Bell

Rich Young

Calvin Watson

Sturns

and Hell...A KD with a eff'd up hand has a better shot at making that 3 than most on the team...

So from a coaching standpoint and a recruiting standpoint, after this season we are going to waive the scholarships for Keith Wooden and anything remotely resembling a post player. Quincy...GONE

Howerton - BYE Harold Stewart - USELESS. We need to find the guy in the park in dallas that hits 25 straight threes but can't dribble. Have him stand in his "sweet spot" jack up as many threes as possible....

"LET IT RAIN!"

user posted image

"ICE MAN"

Dude you're logic and knowledge of basketball compared to the 'experience' you say you have is funny to me...every post gets more and more far fetched...

NEXT THREAD-

If we practice shooting lay ups with 16 pound bowling balls then the threes will fall!

Come on now...

Edited by UNT_92_Fan