Jevan Snead to transfer

SouthBendGreen

Andrew Smith was from Baytown...his team beat Ryan in their first state title appearance.

I don't think so.

http://www.unt.edu/inhouse/september32004/andrewsmith.htm

From the InHouse@UNT

"When the Mean Green football team opens its season tomorrow evening against the Texas Longhorns, the No. 12 will be on the back of the UNT players' helmets and on the UNT coaches' sleeves in memory of Andrew Smith.

Smith, a quarterback from Bay City who wore No. 12, ......."

Either Snead or Bomar would lose a year of eligibility transferring.

Bomar is a worthless kid with no ethics. We don't need that here. There is no the possibility of a chance than slimy kid didn't know he was committing fraud when he took the $5000 or so from than dealership in OKC. And you since him family has refused to release the records, you'll never convince me his fairy tail about it being a lot less than that is true!

We can do much better than Bomar - certainly as far as ethics.

There is a REASON North Texas is better than SMU! We don't want the Bomars of the world.

Either Snead or Bomar would lose a year of eligibility transferring.

Bomar is a worthless kid with no ethics. We don't need that here. There is no the possibility of a chance than slimy kid didn't know he was committing fraud when he took the $5000 or so from than dealership in OKC. And you since him family has refused to release the records, you'll never convince me his fairy tail about it being a lot less than that is true!

We can do much better than Bomar - certainly as far as ethics.

There is a REASON North Texas is better than SMU! We don't want the Bomars of the world.

Damn give the kid a break ( Bomar). We have all been a 19/20yr old broke college student at one time. Im sure that 90% of the people on this board would have done the samething as Bomar did. Football players do not have the xtra time to work between practices and class work , so therefore are pretty much broke. Just put yourself in his or any other 20 yr old college students shoes , some guy says hey show up at my dealership for a few hours and Ill give ya $5000. How many on this board could honestly say they would have said no if you were a college kid??

Id would of took Bomar here (we all need a 2nd chance) or Snead , but to do that we have to have a coach who is willing to put more than 2 pass plays in the playbook. biggrin.gif

Damn give the kid a break ( Bomar). We have all been a 19/20yr old broke college student at one time. Im sure that 90% of the people on this board would have done the samething as Bomar did. Football players do not have the xtra time to work between practices and class work ,  so therefore are pretty much broke. Just put yourself in his or any other 20 yr old college students shoes , some guy says hey show up at my dealership for a few hours and Ill give ya $5000. How many on this board could honestly say they would have said no if you were a college kid??

Id would of took Bomar here (we all need a 2nd chance) or Snead , but to do that we have to have a coach who is willing to put more than 2 pass plays in the playbook.  biggrin.gif

If you are attending school on an athletic scholorship you are not allowed to have a job per NCAA regulations. Most athletes seem to get by without breaking major NCAA regulations.

Damn give the kid a break ( Bomar). We have all been a 19/20yr old broke college student at one time. Im sure that 90% of the people on this board would have done the samething as Bomar did. Football players do not have the xtra time to work between practices and class work ,  so therefore are pretty much broke.  Just put yourself in his or any other 20 yr old college students shoes , some guy says hey show up at my dealership for a few hours and Ill give ya $5000. How many on this board could honestly say they would have said no if you were a college kid??

I would of took Bomar here (we all need a 2nd chance) or Snead , but to do that we have to have a coach who is willing to put more than 2 pass plays in the playbook.  biggrin.gif

You would be absolutely right, except the athletic department of a 1A school has been telling all of these kids since they were recruits if they do this they would hurt the school.

Sorry, Bomar has no excuses. He's just slime.

This not about a "poor kid" taking a few bucks. First of all, he's not at all a "poor kid." Spoiled kid used to special treatment as the coaches son, yes, I'll grant that. Not poor.

Secondly, how can you think having multiple people punch your time card is fine? You can't possibly believe he thought that was fine. I can't believe he could be that completely stupid.

No, Bomar is just slime.

But, yes, he's probably a better QB than we have right now. We have not resorted to using slime before, and I don't think we need to start. There are equally good QBs available from high schools if we hire the right coachl.

If you are attending school on an athletic scholorship you are not allowed to have a job per NCAA regulations.  Most athletes seem to get by without breaking major NCAA regulations.

Summer time it is okay tho ( to work) ; Bomar is not the first or will he be the last to get caught. Im sure someone anyone could dig up some dirt on every major football player at every BCS school.

Edited by NT03

Secondly, how can you think having multiple people punch your time card is fine? You can't possibly believe he thought that was fine. I can't believe he could be that completely stupid.

From what I heard/read this was all the dealership's owner doing ( the timecards) I would assume that a kid would be looking up to someone rich and successful , like the owner of the dealership , and probably just wanted to make him happy.

But what baffles me the most on Bomar is why he 1/ waited so long to go to a IAA school . I would of just sat out and transfered to a DI school. 2/ Why pick a school that already had a DI QB (P.Daughtery from Tech)

I think he made 2 bad choices in a row

Edited by NT03

From what I heard/read this was all the dealership's owner doing ( the timecards) I would assume that a kid would be looking up to someone rich and successful , like the owner of the dealership , and probably just wanted to make him happy.

But what baffles me the most on Bomar is why he 1/ waited so long to go to a IAA school . I would of just sat out a transfered to a DI school. 2/ Why pick a school that already had a DI QB (P.Daughtery from Tech)

I think he made 2 bad choices in a row

Well, it was not the owner of the dealership, but the manager who was fired.

And, the NCAA didn't do him any favors at all - they sat on the investigation and could have given the kid an additional year punishment. Most 1A programs weren't will to waste a scholarship on a kid that could have potentially had 2 years of waiting and burning his 5 potential year before he could play.

I think we can find common ground here. Bomar is a slimball who makes bad choices.

Summer time it is okay tho ( to work) ; Bomar is not the first or will he be the last to get caught. Im sure someone could dig up some dirt on every major football player at every BCS school.

You may be right but I think the universities and the NCAA keep much closer tabs on these summer jobs than most people realize. From what I understand the higher profile programs are definitely watched much closer for any type of infraction upon these lines, thus the universities do a much better job of policing themselves which is why Bomar was kicked off the team. The NCAA for all their faults made believers out of everyone when they dropped the hammer on SMU. But you are probably correct that if you look hard enough you will always find a player with their hand out and crooked alum looking to feel important.

Damn give the kid a break ( Bomar). We have all been a 19/20yr old broke college student at one time. Im sure that 90% of the people on this board would have done the samething as Bomar did. Football players do not have the xtra time to work between practices and class work ,  so therefore are pretty much broke.  Just put yourself in his or any other 20 yr old college students shoes , some guy says hey show up at my dealership for a few hours and Ill give ya $5000. How many on this board could honestly say they would have said no if you were a college kid??

Id would of took Bomar here (we all need a 2nd chance) or Snead , but to do that we have to have a coach who is willing to put more than 2 pass plays in the playbook.  biggrin.gif

Haha true story. I'm suprised I have enough money to keep my electric on allowing me to get on this website!

he's also rumored to be looking at Louisville and Houston. And how are we going to talk to ANYONE about coming here without a coach?

also, I think its a bit harsh to call a 19-20 y/o kid a "slimeball", but thats just me. I know I made a lot of stupid decisions that age, I was fortunate enough to not have them broadcasted to the world! Im not excusing the actions, or even claiming Bomar is a "good guy", but the name calling seems to be a bit excessive! I assure you Bomar is realizing the consequence of his actions. OU has moved on, full steam ahead. And if it wasnt for a couple of bad calls, they would have been in the national title conversation as well. Thats got to kill you when you were once heralded as "the future" of OU football

Sneed Says rumors are false.

startlegram

Texas QB denies asking for release

By JIMMY BURCH

STAR-TELEGRAM STAFF WRITER

Texas quarterback Jevan Snead denied a report Wednesday that he has asked for a release from his scholarship in order to transfer to another school.

The report cited an anonymous source close to Snead.

Asked Wednesday night if he’d requested a release, Snead said: “No, sir. There’s nothing happening right now.”

Snead, a freshman from Stephenville, has been the backup to Longhorns’ starter Colt McCoy this season. McCoy, a redshirt freshman, was named the starter at the conclusion of fall drills and Snead has played sparingly this season.

In eight games for the Longhorns, Snead has completed 26 of 49 passes for 371 yards. He’s thrown two touchdown passes and two interceptions. Most of his attempts (13-of-30) came in a 45-42 loss to Kansas State when Snead took over after McCoy was injured.

A Parade All-American in high school, Snead was 23-2 as a starter at Stephenville. He racked up 7,955 yards of total offense and accounted for 100 touchdowns.

Asked Wednesday if a transfer was something he might consider, Snead said: “I don’t know. I don’t feel comfortable talking about that right now.”