Dickey.....NT Athletics Hall of Fame inductee

UNT_playmaker

Deloach was a good coah and still is today but the last year  Deloach was here Evans called the plays. I remember reading that in the paper a few years ago after he left.  I can assure you Deloach did NOT recruit to many def. players for that particular team either but I can check my sources..And I have a question for you my friend...Have you EVER strapped one  on in your life?

So this guy's gone now?

What did I miss here - could someone PM me?

And Playmaker, for what its worth, good post for the most part. The nice part about the firing being public (well besides the firing) is not having to argue about something some knew and others didn't was already happening.

A tad harsh on the player's though. I think many of them reached a point where they didn't think they had a leader worth giving up 100% of themselves for. Would you do that for Dickey?The backups were/are still happy to get a shot.

In 2001 we went to the bowl game with a losing record and wow we lost the Bowl in fact we lost 3 of the 4. And by the way that was the first time in our history that a bowl game was tied to our conference championship we have had 24 conference championships only 2 were D-1aa. Better yet Odus Mitchell UNT coach  had a run from 1950 -1959 where he won 7 conference championships in ten seasons.

Expect more!!!! Open your eyes!! mad.gif

Dickey has a horrible record and 6 of his 9 seasons were losing ones

1998  North Texas 3 - 8

1999  North Texas 2 - 9

2000  North Texas 3 - 8

2001  North Texas 5 - 7

2002  North Texas 8 - 5

2003  North Texas 9 - 4

2004  North Texas 7 - 5

2005  North Texas 2 - 9

2006  North Texas 2 - 7*

Dickey is a loser! Period! mad.gif

North Texas Championships

MEAN GREEN CANDYLAND THE FOLLOWING IS NOT...

KingDL1, when you have some of our bunch who all they've been is brow beat with accepting wins over schools most of whom just out of 1-AA, then might it very well be suggested they could pretty well believe anything dished down to them?

All this with DD now happening I think a hand full of us were projecting and even forecasting quite a while back could very well happen when his personal D-Day arrived.

Darrell Dickey could have very easily asked Mattress Mac to butt out .............of all this with the DRC ad as he was winding down his careeer at UNT, but I am going to suggest to you who haven't believed a damn thing I've been posting concerning the reality of this UNT athletic program of much of the past 2 decades); anyway, some of us would suggest that DD has egged on much of this with Mattress Mac and will (if given even more chances) get in a few more well-directed barbs before he leaves Denton. DD has become even more a liability (if that could at all be possible).

You see, folks, I'm sure DD deep down knows he should have never gotten this HFC's job in the first place and if not for the KSU Konnection Krowd, he would have most likely never even made a short list of HFC candidates with any semblance of a normal selection process (of which we know by now we hardly had at UNT back when he was hired).

AND............FWIW..............DD should have never been given the last 3 games to coach at UNT no matter what the circumstances. With other coaches maybe, but with all that we know he has said on way too many post-game radio shows the last few years, for damn sure not this coach.

DD is only showing what some knew was well within the realm of possibility to occur from this man once he would (eventually) be asked to leave his post. And hasn't DD for years shown his value as a real bonafide public relations blooper and blunder that would hardly be the kind who would inspire the "much needed but noticeably lacking" new fans/casual fans who could have very well filled those 15,000 other empty seats at Fouts Field on most every Game Day of the last 9 years?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

No, but he did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night tongue.gif

Good One. That was funny.

No, I have never worn a strap-on!

WOW, that was a good one too. Thanks KingDL1.

AND............FWIW..............DD should have never been given the last 3 games to coach at UNT no matter what the circumstances.  With other coaches maybe, but with all that we know he has said on way too many post-game radio shows the last few years, for damn sure not this coach. 

Just another Great decision by RV to let him coach - RV might need to leave himself. I am not really sure what RV's point in firing DD in the season, only to let him coach out the remaining games.

You look at those 24 previous championships in football over the UNT history...only once has North Texas won 4 conference championships in a row (won 3 in a row a couple of times or so).

The same way Don Larson (career w-l-pct 81-91-.471) is defined by one event (his perfect game), the same may be said for Dickey. No one else won 4 conference championships in a row.

This can also be an arguement to keep Dickey out of the North Texas HOF. Don Larson is not in the baseball HOF.

Good One.  That was funny.

WOW, that was a good one too.  Thanks KingDL1.

Just another Great decision by RV to let him coach - RV might need to leave himself.  I am not really sure what RV's point in firing DD in the season, only to let him coach out the remaining games.

It was a great decision done more for the dwindling fan-base, recruiting, and to let the world know we were in the market with some time left. I don't know why DD is still coaching but I bet it was some kind of concession RV was stuck with.

well i guess we will soon find out which half of us is crazy. if DD gets a job as even a COORDINATOR at a D1 school that is not in the sunbelt, then i will admit that my impressions of him as a coach were wrong and i will apologize BUT if NOBODY in the country will hire him at a D1 school to even be a coordinator, then if will only reinforce my opinion about his coaching. we have argued with each other on this board for years now about DD and either his a) greatness or cool.gif ineptitude. now we will get the rest of the countries opinion. we shall see...