Is Fresno St. looking to get rid of Hill ?

calvin

They are 1-6....................................You would think after all the bowl games, conference titles, and OOC wins and the reputation they have built up that they would never have a 1-6 season again. They should have built on that previous success and upped their recruiting where this would never happpen. I guess Hill has forgotten how to coach this year. I guess all those bowl games and wins were for nothing. Well they do play in the WAC and you know how bad those teams are, I guess that explains their success. I even heard some fans calling for their program to go 1AA.

PLEASE!! Having lived in Fresno for a few years. You will never hear a FSU fan call for being 1AA. Hell , they had 39,000+ in the stands 2 weeks ago vs. Hawaii. If your trying to compare the situation n Fresno to whats happening here .. stop at least for now. Hill's record is 72-43 .. DD 39-55. Fresno St. might be 1-6 but they been very competitive on the field.. much like their coach Mr. Hill. They have lost some very close games this year against Oregon,Washington,& Colorado St. by a combined 20pts. If Hill has another season next year like this one , then yes maybe he will go ..but I really doubt the Dogs will have 2 down years. With the exception of the SMU game NT has not even been close to the guys lining up against them.( I really dont count a 7OT pathetic win over a FIU anything to write home about.) You can defend DD all you want , but when my I watch every game I want to know my team has a chance to WIN. Frenso St. has a chance to WIN everytime Hill is making the calls . DD,RF... I cant see another WIN in our future

I hear what you are saying and it's a valid point.

And I do believe that all teams go through cycles so us or Fresno having an off season is going to happen. However, this is our second bad season and it doesn't look like (i hope i'm wrong) we have the talent to get out of this cycle. It's one thing for things to fall apart one year or be real young and have a down year, it's another thing for the program to be sliding backwards like we have for three years.

I don't know what catagory of that FSU fits in. I would personally think they would be crazy to get rid of Hill but that's just me.

It's an interesting point but I don't think you could compare the situations as being equal. Not until Hill has a second horrible year. Plus Hill has many more winning seasons, bowl victories, and non conference victories. Not to mention I doubt Hill is the public persona that Dickey is. At least non when I've seen him interviewed.

Fresno is 1-10 in their last 11 games. I am not comparing Dickey with Hill or Fresno with UNT. Hill has proven a lot more and their program has proven a lot more. I was just being sarcastic and using UNT fans logic. Win a lot of games and conference titles and then one bad year, and all of that is a mirage.

Fresno is 1-10 in their last 11 games.  I am not comparing Dickey with Hill or Fresno with UNT.  Hill has proven a lot more and their program has proven a lot more.  I was just being sarcastic and using UNT fans logic.  Win a lot of games and conference titles and then one bad year, and all of that is a mirage.

Understood .... I dont think Fresno St. has been the same since they pushed USC to the limit and got Reggied!!

I think Hill has earned one bad year , much like DD had last year. DD has done nothing to establish himself again this year , so he should be out the door. Hill's fate will have to wait out till next year.

Fresno is 1-10 in their last 11 games.  I am not comparing Dickey with Hill or Fresno with UNT.  Hill has proven a lot more and their program has proven a lot more.  I was just being sarcastic and using UNT fans logic.  Win a lot of games and conference titles and then one bad year, and all of that is a mirage.

It's still interesting. How low do you go before the coach has to go?

Some Florida State boosters are trying to get Bowden to retire. Joe Pa had some bad years before bouncing back a bit.

However Bunting at UNC got a couple of good wins to save his job and then everything fell apart.

The thing with Dickey is that it's just so much more than wins and losses.

But your logic is wrong. DD hasn't had just one bad year, he's had several. Not to mention his dismal OOC record. Hill can al least say he's been competitive with big time programs, we can't. And no SMU and Baylor don't count.

Guest GrayEagleOne

But your logic is wrong.  DD hasn't had just one bad year, he's had several.  Not to mention his dismal OOC record.  Hill can al least say he's been competitive with big time programs, we can't.  And no SMU and Baylor don't count.

Absolutely. Pat Hill had coached nine seasons prior to this season with a winning percentage of .626 (72-43). He had ONE losing season and that was 5-6. When DD completes his 9th year as HC he will have had SIX losing seasons. Hill has been to seven straight bowl games and won three, beating UCLA, Georgia Tech and Virginia. He lost four bowl games by 1, 3, 7, and 9 points. He has had only a few losses by as much as 30 points and he's played some of the best teams in the land.

Admittedly, they do not seem to be the same team since they lost to Southern Cal. If he can't right the ship by the end of next season there's a good chance that he might be gone and his record is far better than Dickey's.