Reasons why not to join the

greenjoe

How about the fact that according to the donor list printed in the 2006 football program, Darrel Dickey, Johnny Jones and Tina Slinker do not give a penny to the Mean Green Club. I am sure that most coaches do not either. For the record, Ramon Flanagan does give to the Mean Green Club.

How about the fact that according to the donor list printed in the 2006 football program, Darrel Dickey, Johnny Jones and Tina Slinker do not give a penny to the Mean Green Club.  I am sure that most coaches do not either.  For the record, Ramon Flanagan does give to the Mean Green Club.

He'd be better off giving during practice, recruiting, and especially at game time.

I have read on the board lately the reasons some give for not joining the Mean Green Club and for not buying Season Tickets.

Please list those reason and perhaps some of us will be convinced to also not support our University.

I would set up a poll, but I'm not computer savey.

Our football program is in a very vulnerable period right now. I urge everyone to maintain their current donations and/or season tickets. Obviously, the current situation is unacceptable, and something dramatic must happen within our football program. Please give the administration time to correct this problem. Many times, it is simply not feasible or advisable to yank a coach in the middle of season. Moreover, a big drop off in donations could signal to the administration that the fans have given up on the team. What motivation will they have to acquire a new, higher profile head coach, build a new stadium, or fulfill any other demands of GMG members? Support your team through the rest of this season. If things haven't changed by the start of next season, then I think it is reasonable to withhold any monies you make spend or contribute as a form of protest.

This is a stupid thread.

We need all the support we can get, and you are proposing that people NOT contribute?

Idiotic.

Why not just send your checks to MTSU, Louisiana-Lafayette, Ark. St., etc.?

Historically, problems with UNT athletics have everything to do with lack of support. Don't bite off your nose to spite your face.

"we'd rather play SHSU, SFA, Texas State, and McNeese every year"

[/quote

I would rather see us play big schools and make our self better.. IF we drop down to D1-AA all we will be there is a mediocore program with no support. I have seen that while I was in school. I am not happy with this season, but I think we have things we can grow on. We just need to channel all of our energy in a positive way behind the team. Win or lose, then at the end of the season we can see what happens.

GO MEAN GREEN..

There is NO reason not to support the Mean Green Club. Anyone who is able and does not for whatever pet peeve is very shortsighted. This is a long-term project that needs growing support, folks. Now is not the time to waver.

There is NO reason not to support the Mean Green Club.  Anyone who is able and does not for whatever pet peeve is very shortsighted.  This is a long-term project that needs growing support, folks.  Now is not the time to waver.

I need to use my money to put food on the table and paying off our move to Pig Country or else I would be donating, hopefully that is good enough. I think many will be surprised on the new wallets that open up if a new exciting hire is made.

Easy Lad,

check Green Joe's history, the thread title was tongue in cheek.

This is a stupid thread. 

We need all the support we can get, and you are proposing that people NOT contribute?

Idiotic.

Why not just send your checks to MTSU, Louisiana-Lafayette, Ark. St., etc.? 

Historically, problems with UNT athletics have everything to do with lack of support.  Don't bite off your nose to spite your face.

I have read on the board lately the reasons some give for not joining the Mean Green Club and for not buying Season Tickets.

Please list those reason and perhaps some of us will be convinced to also not support our University.

I would set up a poll, but I'm not computer savey.

I never once thought about not giving to MY university after 5 years of losses to the Mean Green. In fact, I have given more each year.

You guys are in a helluva recruiting state, and will be back at the top in no time.

Please continue giving to UNT Athletics, from an MT fan.

I would rather see us play big schools and make our self better.. IF we drop down to D1-AA  all we will be there is a mediocore program with no support.  I have seen that while I was in school.  I am not happy with this season, but I think we have things we can grow on.  We just need to channel all of our energy in a positive way behind the team. Win or lose, then at the end of the season we can see what happens.

GO MEAN GREEN..

I know, I would too.

Geez, everyone is a tad sensitive. couple 0-5, 1-4 starts will do that to ya I guess.

In the spirit of this thread (which isnt to be taken as an anti-MGC stance, rather the opposite), I added a derisive response to the original question posted "what reasons" meant to highlight what could happen if people quit supporting D1 athletics, which as you stated has happened before.

Truthfully it is because I am a student. I don't need season tix because I get in for free with my ID. I would join to get the parking pass and hospitality deck but you can only get those with season tickets. I guess after I graduate when it is time to buy season tickets is when I'll join MGC.

I dont thik that is correct.

I believe you can join the MGC and not be a season ticket holder. Then you could go to the deck and get to park in orange where all the cool people are.

GMG

Truthfully it is because I am a student. I don't need season tix because I get in for free with my ID. I would join to get the parking pass and hospitality deck but you can only get those with season tickets. I guess after I graduate when it is time to buy season tickets is when I'll join MGC.

I am a student so sit in that section for each game.  What is this hospitality deck? Translation: do they serve beer?

Yes, catered food and beer are available (for purchase) an hour and a half prior to kickoff and served until the start of the second half.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/pdf7/17690.pdf...&DB_OEM_ID=1800

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Guest GrayEagleOne

It is my understanding that the green and orange parking lots are for season ticket holders only. They come with the packet of tickets.

You could, however, join the MGC at the $250 level and (along with one other) be admitted to the hospitality deck. That would entitle you to purchase beer and/or wine from before the game until half-time.

Yes, catered food and beer are available (for purchase) an hour and a half prior to kickoff and served until the start of the second half.

http://www.nmnathletics.com/pdf7/17690.pdf...&DB_OEM_ID=1800

GO MEAN GREEN!!

Thanks DoubleEagle... that's awesome.

I guess I was wrong.

I think they should allow students to join and get the parking pass without having season Tix.

Hmmmm

GMG

It is my understanding that the green and orange parking lots are for season ticket holders only.  They come with the packet of tickets.

You could, however, join the MGC at the $250 level and (along with one other) be admitted to the hospitality deck.  That would entitle you to purchase beer and/or wine from before the game until half-time.