RE: RV's post

Stan R

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Aquila_Viridis

In addition, the UNT master plan already has plans for that area to be (can't remember which) either a opera house or a parking garage.

Hopefully it will be both. Talk about a distinctive facility.

Guest Aquila_Viridis

I've seen one schematic (can't remember where) that has the South end zone becoming part of the northbound service lanes of I-35E.  It might have been at the TXDOT website.

It would improve attendance.

Yeah, part of the reason the new stadium, and AC, are on the other side of the highway is the I35 expansion.

As far as when the stadium groundbreaking is, I don't care. So far, almost everything RV said will eventually get done has been done. I'm going to just sit back and believe in him. Plus, I've heard that there were some donors that were going to DOUBLE, or more, their donation if we beat SMU. We did, so maybe the funds will start to come in sooner than expected.

Why do you assume there is any 'dirt' on Bobby Ray ?

I don't know who he is, but it I did notice that they said "will Bobby Ray stay out of his way" which does imply some kind of problems...It was really posted as more of a figure of speech. I'll rephrase it for you, "Can you someone tell me what role(s) Bobby Ray plays in our athletics?"

Bobby Rays appointment as chairman of the board of regents expires next may. There is no guarantee he will not be reappointed by the governor. Let us all hope that he is tired of the mess that comes with being the chairman of any board.

As for the capital campaign for the new stadium, I have already been approached and verbally committed to support it. For some reason they are holding the start of the capital campaign until after the season. Hmmmmmm.

Bobby Rays appointment as chairman of the board of regents expires next may.  There is no guarantee he will not be reappointed by the governor.  Let us all hope that he is tired of the mess that comes with being the chairman of any board. 

As for the capital campaign for the new stadium, I have already been approached and verbally committed to support it.  For some reason they are holding the start of the capital campaign until after the season. Hmmmmmm.

He is also a big financial donor.

Bobby Rays appointment as chairman of the board of regents expires next may.  There is no guarantee he will not be reappointed by the governor.  Let us all hope that he is tired of the mess that comes with being the chairman of any board. 

As for the capital campaign for the new stadium, I have already been approached and verbally committed to support it.  For some reason they are holding the start of the capital campaign until after the season. Hmmmmmm.

OK, I've been a critic (understatement rolleyes.gif ) of Bobby Ray but.............I (like most of you) am a UNT grad, ie, a UNT stock-holder (if you will) and have as much right to criticize what I think has happened under his watch as any of you do who would defend what his leadership has produced.

I don't think a BOR chairman at UT or TAMU or Texas Tech or UH or UTEP would even hint or come close to validating and approving what Bobby Ray has as the UNT chairman with all the aforementioned athletic programs and to those who can give a serious answer--do any of you think any of that group would keep as many under .500 coaches as UNT has?

Some have brought up the subject "dirt" concerning Bobby Ray? I don't think "dirt" and commenting on what kind of results we are getting with "the picture window of our university" are the same thing. To me, dirt is in some kind of other league that rarely has happened on GoMeanGreen.com because FWIW......how long is Harry Meiers and his fine group of administrators going to allow "DIRT" to stay on this board?

Now some of you think all that I post is dirt because you don't agree with what I post and so be it if that is what you choose to think.................but (another FWIW) I do tend to "sensationalize" unsure.gif my posts concerning what has been a passion of mine for over 30 years because (quite frankly) some of our elect have been completely lulled into a deep slumber as to where they now freely accept the SBC as our new standard of excellence for UNT football (as compared to all the others in NCAA D1-A.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but name-calling has in my 55 year never affected me. My great-great grandfather was one of the first appointed (by Sam Houston) Texas Rangers and it his blood who runs thru my veins so I don't cower down too damn easily to anyone (as he for sure didn't according to family tradition of which some of that is recorded in a few Texas history books). OK, enough of all that...

Bobby Ray I've been told is an outstanding Christian and family man. Who could ever fault those traits and I, for one, as I'm sure many of you, admire those kind of traits. It is my understanding that Mr. Ray is also an extremely successful businessman which is also to be admired. As some would know by now, my main beef with Mr. Ray has been some decisions (or lack, thereof) made under his watch of which whose results have jerked out from under-neath me a 30+ year passion of mostly feeling good about being an alum at a school whose football progam had an upwardly bound direction at the NCAA's highest level (and for those who have known me for most or all those years, they would I'm sure vouch that all this has, in deed, been a passion.

Bobby Ray can still be "The Man" to many if only he will make some key personnel adjustments, but that, too, is still just my opinion.

Here's a toast for a much brighter future at UNT and that NT Board of Regent's chairman, one Mr. Bobby Ray will be the one who leads the way to make all that happen.

Peace to all and adios...

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

if you review the history of our mystery poster you will see that he/she/it/we/they have been talking about DD being removed if the season is a failure, as early as last spring.

My guess there is some truthiness behind it.

GMG

Good research C-town. Please continue with your fearless investigative reporting and general stealthyness. biggrin.gif

I wish UNT78 responded to our requests as to how he came about his very interesting and informative information (had the tone of insider knowledge). I realize that if he is part of UNT admin or close to someone who is, he couldn't tell us. But it would be nice for him to at least state that he cannot reveal his sources b/c of confidentiality. If he states so, then we should just leave him alone and let him post without being hassled.

Edited by chrisfisher

I wish UNT78 responded to our requests as to how he came about his very interesting and informative information (had the tone of insider knowledge).  I realize that if he is part of UNT admin or close to someone who is, he couldn't tell us.  But it would be nice for him to at least state that he cannot reveal his sources b/c of confidentiality.  If he states so, then we should just leave him alone and let him post without being hassled.

You might be surprised, but there is a lot communication and info that doesn't get posted. cool.gif

Edited by MeanGreen61

DRC-Chat

moderator: Jerry in Denison asks: I graduated from North Texas State more years ago than I want to even think about and they played at Fouts then and are still playing there. What's the latest on a new stadium? They need one.

Sports editor Russ Goodall: Jerry, hang in there a new stadium is coming. Although I can't tell you exactly when it will happen, but it is in the future. It is slated for across the highway from Fouts Field where the new athletic facility is now. You are right, they definitely new a stadium.

UNT beat writer Brett Vito: UNT officials have stated that they are looking into what it will take to build a new stadium, but there has been little in the way of new news lately. What UNT really needs is a big donation from an individual or a business. If UNT landed a $20 million gift, the school could immediately start a public campaign for a stadium. I don't think -- and this is just my opinion -- that UNT wants to start a very public push until they are close to making the project a reality. Watching a campaign for the money drag out for months or even years would be tough on the athletic department and the school.

I still don't see why some have a problem with Bobby Ray as chairman of the BOR. I guess it stems from DD's contract but in reality Bobby Ray is the most pro-athletic BOR chairman we've had in years!!

Look at all the money, (including a loan approved by the BOR) that has gone into athletic facilities during his term.

I assure if the chairman of the BOR was anti-athletics none of the stuff on Bonnie Brae would have been built.

and btw, I've seen Bobby Ray come to games, I know for a fact that for each New Orleans Bowl he and his wife made the trip along with an old fraternity brother (Once a Phi Kap, Always a Phi Kap!) but I've also seen him be one of few who attend scrimages during spring football drills! I never saw Lee Jackson at a scrimage, heck I've never even seen Norval Pohl at a scrimmage Now tell me that guy isn't a fan. (not saying Pohl, Jackson haven't attended, but I've never seen it)

I still don't see why some have a problem with Bobby Ray as chairman of the BOR.    I guess it stems from DD's contract but in reality Bobby Ray is the most pro-athletic BOR chairman we've had in years!!

Someone stop me if I'm wrong somewhere in here. Dickey was a Helwig buddy hire. Dickey's latest contract extension was a buddy extension. So much of a buddy extension that Bobby Ray went around/over RV to do it. Maybe he's pro-athletic, or maybe he's just supportive of his buddy.