.86 yards PER OFFENSIVE PLAY?

FirefightnRick

How do you sugar coat that?

Offensively we were ranked 113th nationally going into this game. Tulsa is reporting that we had 55 total offensive yards. MeanGreenSports.com reports total yards around 86 which includes return yards. Take the 55 offensive yards and average them in and we are averaging 154.3 yards per game and will be ranked last offensively at 119th tomorrow. 55 total yards against a defense that is giving up 326 yards per game and got torched for 467 last week by BYU?

Wheel's Off!

Rick

North Texas Passing

C/ATT YDS AVG TD INT

Woody Wilson 4/5 37 7.4 0 1

Daniel Meager 2/6 25 4.2 0 1

Team 6/11 62 5.6 0 2

North Texas Rushing

CAR YDS AVG TD LG

Jamario Thomas 13 33 2.5 0 13

Evan Robertson 5 16 3.2 0 7

Daniel Meager 5 -9 -1.8 0 3

Woody Wilson 8 -16 -2.0 0 3

Team 31 24 0.8 0 13

Now Tulsa's updated their report to espn to match NT's.  We had 86 total offensive yards for an average of 2.047 yards per play.  We will have an average of 164 yards per game and be ranked 118th if Mississippi St. and ULL didn't do any worse.

Rick

It's been almost a year since I have posted...nothing has changed. mad.gifsad.gif

O line might be pathetic, but your play calling is HORRIBLE if you can only get 55 yards of offense.....what was DD response to that in the after game interview?

Something like we have too many things in our offensive game plan and since it's so complicated we make a lot of mistakes. ph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gifph34r.gif

Keith

.8 yards per rush.

When it's what you do best, how do you not average 1 yard per carry?

Rick

Up the Middle

Up the Middle

Up the Middle

Up the Middle

Up the Middle

Up the Middle

Up the Middle

Thier D sat back a waited. They knew what was coming

Edited by El Paso Eagle

There was one play in the first half where we had the ball and it was 3rd and I don't know, 4 or 5. We hand the ball off to Jamario and he goes up the middle for no gain. George said that Tulsa had a run blitz on.

So I'm sitting here thinking.......it's 3rd down and Tulsa (before the play) says, "it's 3rd down, but we're basically going to send everyone on defense up between the tackles to stop UNT's next play."

And by golly they guessed right.

I thought the running game was supposed to open up the passing game?

Tulsa gives up 49 points last week and then they look like the Baltimore Ravens this week.

sad.gif

I just don't understand our offensive coaching philosophy. We mixed up the play callling pretty well in the first two games, and then they suddenly decide that we need to get back to the same old predictable up-the-middle crap. I don't know if this BS is primarily Flanigan's or Dickey's fault, but this is getting ridiculous. It's like every team we play devotes all of their defensive preparation to studying our S. Miss game in the N.O. Bowl. Just attack the middle with everything you've got and our offense will be rendered helpless. Works nearly every time. Pitiful. Btw, nice job overall by our defense. Just wish we could support them on the offensive side of the ball.

How do you sugar coat that?

Offensively we were ranked 113th nationally going into this game. Tulsa is reporting that we had 55 total offensive yards. MeanGreenSports.com reports total yards around 86 which includes return yards. Take the 55 offensive yards and average them in and we are averaging 154.3 yards per game and will be ranked last offensively at 119th tomorrow. 55 total yards against a defense that is giving up 326 yards per game and got torched for 467 last week by BYU?

Wheel's Off!

You can't sugar coat it and I believe it is the reason attendance was so poor at Fouts last Saturday.

During our Sun Belt reign of terror years we simply had superior talent to other Sun Belt teams by a wide margin. Now that the gap in talent has closed, we see how poor the offensive scheme is. We saw it all those years against OOC foes. We were fooled by a few OOC wins when we had a crazy amount of turnovers come our way. Nothing has changed.

Unfortunately 86 total yards of offense is not shocking to me. I've become used to these type of performances.

Around the Sun Belt tonight

FAU musters 215 yards of O against OSU

LaMo gets 196 against Alabama

Troy manages 296 yards on Ga. Tech

FIU gets 341 against Bowling Green

MUTS get 301 against Tn Tech on Thursday

I'm not dogging Tulsa at all and I'm sure they are a fine team but SFA got twice as many 1rst downs against them as we did and more than double total yards for 185. Oh yeah, SFA is now 0-3-they lost to Delta State last week.

Our D better be pretty damn good or we are in trouble.

You can't sugar coat it and I believe it is the reason attendance was so poor at Fouts last Saturday.

During our Sun Belt reign of terror years we simply had superior talent to other Sun Belt teams by a wide margin. Now that the gap in talent has closed, we see how poor the offensive scheme is. We saw it all those years against OOC foes. We were fooled by a few OOC wins when we had a crazy amount of turnovers come our way. Nothing has changed.

Unfortunately 86 total yards of offense is not shocking to me. I've become used to these type of performances.

Around the Sun Belt tonight

FAU musters 215 yards of O against OSU

LaMo gets 196 against Alabama

Troy manages 296 yards on Ga. Tech

FIU gets 341 against Bowling Green

MUTS get 301 against Tn Tech on Thursday

I'm not dogging Tulsa at all and I'm sure they are a fine team but SFA got twice as many 1rst downs against them as we did and more than double total yards for 185. Oh yeah, SFA is now 0-3-they lost to Delta State last week.

Our D better be pretty damn good or we are in trouble.

Here is what gets me about these stats.....does this not piss everyone off around here? Are you serious, that a D1AA team, gets more than double what we got and we have now been D1 for 12 years and that is all we can do? Do people on here really believe that DD is the right guy for the job when in his 8th year, there are D1AA teams kicking his teams? Gosh that is sad.