Is there a coaches show tonight

pogWo4life

I read in the D R-C that there would be a radio show only. Hank Dickenson was quoted as saying there were too many conflicts for a live show and that the radio show would be played live and re-broadcast later in the week.

According to a rep with KNTU, the coaches show will be at 6:30 tonight.

The number to KNTU is (940) 565-3688

Join the Mean Green Club

Buy Season Tickets

GO MEAN GREEN

Well, couldn't find a number to contact KNTU so we will just have to wait for someone else to provide us the info

There is no longer a coach's radio show. We have now gone to a TV format that can be seen on NTTV channel 22 locally as well on the website to get to a wider audience and with repetitive airings. Go to front page of meangreensports.com and click on link at Mean Green Insider for free at your convenience. The first show is up now and the new show will be available at 7:00 p.m. each Wednesday. Questions can be mailed in to Hank Dickenson by Sunday and we will get to as many as we can. Hope you enjoy. Please give us feedback.

We absolutely need a coaches show! Forum members constantly analyze the coaches and their decisions. We rant and rave, and occasionally compliment. I believe that a coaches show allows coaches to confirm, disaffirm, or outright reject what we are saying (not that this is the coach's goal or that they even care what we say). They may also provide alternative perspectives that we may not have considered. Like it or not, they know more about the team than we do. Members make judgments based from the outside looking in, and we certainly can't rely on the sports media for our information. Lastly, providing TV and internet based UNT sports coverage can NEVER be a mistake. We need all the exposure we can get!

Edited by chrisfisher

There is no longer a coach's radio show. We have now gone to a TV format that can be seen on NTTV channel 22 locally as well on the website to get to a wider audience and with repetitive airings. Go to front page of meangreensports.com and click on link at Mean Green Insider for free at your convenience. The first show is up now and the new show will be available at 7:00 p.m. each Wednesday. Questions can be mailed in to Hank Dickenson by Sunday and we will get to as many as we can. Hope you enjoy. Please give us feedback.

It's cool you're putting this on the web, but it's 414 MB to download. Even with a 3MB downstream on DSL, my goodness that's a huge file. You need to find a better file format that has a better compression ratio. Dialup users will never be able to view the coaches shows.

Edited by UNTFan23

OK, I downloaded the video (it took 45 minutes) and was impressed by the quality of the show. I do have some suggestions.

1. For those with high speed internet, what you offer is fine. I saw no pixelation with my monitor at 1024x768. However, dialup users will never be able to watch these shows. Reduce the resolution to a point where someone with a 56k connection has a chance. Maybe the athletic department should bite the bullet and offer an audio only version. Unless there are space contraints involved, you could easily offer 2 different streams, 56k and 256k.

2. 30 minutes (closer to 20-25 after you remove the NT commercials) seems way too short. I'd like to see a 1 hr show. I realise that DD isn't the best interviewee in the world, but I feel there is more that can be covered. Maybe I just have higher expectations and want to know more info about the program.

3. I am holding judgement on whether fan emails will be answered. Last year during the radio show, I am pretty sure that fans were emailing questions but they were never addressed. I think this is something that easily be used to help fill in time for a 1 hour show. I will be emailing Hank the following:

How is the coaching staff handling the change in clock regulations where the clock is started once the ball is ready for play on a turnover?  In years past, there have been issues getting plays in on time, which has caused penalties and time outs to be used.

Thank you,

Sean Hiatt

NT Alum 2003

Bentonville, AR