1st Quarter thoughts

andrewrozell

Better play calling to start the game.

No running game to speak of.

Still throwing the ball up for grabs at times.

Blocked field goal.

I understand the run up the middle just prior to the attempted field goal as trying not to turn the ball over, but why not take a shot at the end zone? Phillips can always throw it away if nothing develops?

Defense looks better, Chapman playing well, still too many arm tackles

Bad penalties.

Better play calling to start the game.

No running game to speak of.

Still throwing the ball up for grabs at times.

Blocked field goal.

I understand the run up the middle just prior to the attempted field goal as trying not to turn the ball over, but why not take a shot at the end zone?  Phillips can always throw it away if nothing develops?

Defense looks better, Chapman playing well, still too many arm tackles

Bad penalties.

I agree. The play calling hasn't been bad. The one play I disagree with was the 3rd and short in the late 2nd quarter. We had two decent power runs to the right. UT was overpursuing. It would have been the perfect time for a misdirection, using Wilson's speed. Could have gone a long way. The entire UT defense was on the other side of the field.

Im actually really impressed.  The defense looks so much better than last year, huge improvement.  If we can just stop punting from the fricken endzone we could try and make some ground.

oh...and of course Phillips has to stop throwing the ball on the ground.  ( brings back memories from last season )  We'll see how ole Woody does.

Are you serious? The offense can't even get a first down. It's pathetic.

I saw Dickey a couple of times, but I believe the question we are all wondering is . . . was the Diet Coke guy there?  (is he still on scholarship?)

Funny you mention that. At the party last night Dickey ordered a diet coke at the bar. I was right next him and asked, "Aren't you supposed to have someone behind you at all times with a diet Coke ready?" He laughed and made a funny comment. His attitude has changed. I'm telling you he's got a much more positive outlook.

GO MEAN GREEN !!!!!