All White or

NT91

Guest GrayEagleOne

I prefer white/green and green/white but could take all white or all green but please, no black pants; especially wiith green jerseys.

I like the new eagle on the helmet with no lettering.

My biggest complaint, however, is the new numbers. The blocj-sttke bynbers may be harder to read but they sure look better.

Ditch the black pants and the black face mask... that's for high schools.

All white on the road looks nice - very traditional - I hate tricked-up college uni's.

I would also love to see son-of-worm on the helmets. I always liked the helmet logo that we had in the mid-80's (eagle with NT in the middle). I realize that it had to go since it carried the "I-AA stigma", but it was a nice logo.

Are we using the "new green" uniforms that incorporate the new green used for branding (lighter shade)?

Gotta love the uni-threads. What some people consider "bush league" or "high school" is quite interesting.

I've never really considered black or white as (real) colors anyway. I mean, when you want to add color to a room (or something), do you go out and buy black or white stuff? No.

So, how many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie pop? ph34r.gif

Ditch the black pants and the black face mask...  that's for high schools.

All white on the road looks nice - very traditional - I hate tricked-up college uni's.

I would also love to see son-of-worm on the helmets.  I always liked the helmet logo that we had in the mid-80's (eagle with NT in the middle).  I realize that it had to go since it carried the "I-AA stigma", but it was a nice logo. 

Are we using the "new green" uniforms that incorporate the new green used for branding (lighter shade)?

Hmmm, I wonder if Marshall and Boise St. changed their helmet logos when they moved up to D-1.

I would love to see "son of worm" on our helmets this year. For the Texas game, white shirts, green pants.....and a look of "I DIDN'T COME HERE TO LOSE" in their eyes.

blink.gif All white with colored lettering is what Pee-Wee kids wear because it is easy for Mom & Dad to get at Academy Sports! Waaaayyyy to cheasy if there is no true accent colors. (NOT JUST THE NUMBERS)

Think NFL Colts home unis.... The blue stripes swapped out for MEAN Green ones. Green helmets with the white logo and white cages. White socks with green tops with either black or white shoes.

This would be SLICK!! biggrin.gif

For home ----- All green. Maybe if they wanted to get fancy, an exact opposite of what is described above. All green with white lettering and stripes. (except for the helmets, socks and shoes.)

I am stunned every year by the fact that this thread always becomes one of the longest in board history. Maybe next year I will see it coming wink.gif

Here's my take:

Helmet: Bring back the script!

4 years of NT football with the scipt: 4 bowl games

86 years of NT football with out the script: 1 bowl game

The numbers speak for themselves.

Pants: I thought the black pants, dark green jerseys looked awesome on our Green Curtin defense. That being said, no North Texas team should get to wear them unless they are at least in the top 30 in total defense.

Go with green pants at UT, the all white do look like pajamas.

Think NFL Colts home unis.... The blue stripes swapped out for MEAN Green ones. Green helmets with the white logo and white cages. White socks with green tops with either black or white shoes.

For home ----- All green. Maybe if they wanted to get fancy, an exact opposite of what is described above. All green with white lettering and stripes. (except for the helmets, socks and shoes.)

LOVE IT. Would be a classic look. Do it, and then LEAVE IT ALONE. rolleyes.gif

I am stunned every year by the fact that this thread always becomes one of the longest in board history.  Maybe next year I will see it coming wink.gif

Here's my take:

Helmet: Bring back the script!

4 years of NT football with the scipt: 4 bowl games

86 years of NT football with out the script: 1 bowl game

The numbers speak for themselves.

I like your logic. But do away with the black pants and face mask. To high schoolish for me. Bring on Son of Worm on the helmets. I can't stand the we have now.

I am still in favor of the classic look - white paints, green jerseys, green helmets, white facemasks. You know, we did look good against Baylor back when.

user posted image

blink.gif  All white with colored lettering is what Pee-Wee kids wear because it is easy for Mom & Dad to get at Academy Sports! Waaaayyyy to cheasy if there is no true accent colors. (NOT JUST THE NUMBERS)

I guess UT's road uniforms, as well as Penn State's, are cheesy.

Really like your Colt's reference though.

Edited by UNTLifer