Dream OOC schedule

Mean'n'Green07

I'd like to see a home and home with OU, especially if we wind up getting Bomar and Quinn.

Let's not forget the success we've had out in Lubbock. Speaking of...whatever happened to our option of using Texas Stadium to lure in big opponents?? We hosted Tech and A & M there a few years ago. It's not my number one choice for home games but it sure beats driving to Lubbock, College Station or Austin. We're bound to see more revenue share from a home game at Texas Stadium then we do from an away game aren't we?

I'd also like to see home and homes scheduled with some of the other Texas teams already mentioned - SMU, TCU, Houston, etc...but I'd like to tie something up for a longer period of time than 3 years. We can't build a rivalry with anybody if we don't play them EVERY year.

Dream teams coming to Denton (since that's bascially the subject of this thread): Notre Dame, Penn State, USC, Ohio State, Michigan, UCLA, Nebraska, Arkansas (they travel well), Florida State, Florida, Miami...well, I think that's enough to get my vision out there. tongue.gif Maybe one of my great grandchildren (and, I'm expecting my first child this January) will see one of those teams come to Denton before they die.

Mean'n'Green07 - first of all, shame on you for copying a thread you read on SMU's website. cool.gif (My apologies if you didn't, but it sure would be a big coincidence.)

My real purpose in this post was to point out our overwhelming popularity in SMU's "Dream OOC matchups" thread: http://www.ponyfans.com/msgboard/index1.asp

For a bunch of egotistical asses (CalallenStang excluded because he seems like an alright Pony, if there is such a thing) who claim that they could care less about playing North Texas and dismiss us as a non-rival, we sure show up on quite a few members' dream lists.

Mean'n'Green07 - first of all, shame on you for copying a thread you read on SMU's website.    cool.gif  (My apologies if you didn't, but it sure would be a big coincidence.)

For a bunch of egotistical asses (CalallenStang excluded because he seems like an alright Pony, if there is such a thing) who claim that they could care less about playing North Texas and dismiss us as a non-rival, we sure show up on quite a few members' dream lists.

Yes, I did see that thread on ponyfans.com, I get bored at work and browse other teams message boards. By the way, UNTLifer totally stuck it to SMU earlier in the SMU Loves UNT thread. I highly recommend you check it out, unless you like depriving yourselves of things that kick ass.

Guest GrayEagleOne

SMU every year, home and home

TCU every year, home and home.

Houston, Rice alternating

UTEP, Tulsa alternating

Any BCS automatic within a day's drive...Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahama, Oklahoma State, LSU, Arkansas

SMU every year, home and home

TCU every year, home and home.

Houston, Rice alternating

UTEP, Tulsa alternating

Any BCS automatic within a day's drive...Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Baylor, Oklahama, Oklahoma State, LSU, Arkansas

What Gray said. But I'd narrow down your list to A&M, Tech, Baylor. Maybe I'm getting a little greedy. But I don't want to play anyone in the top 10.

Alternating SWC teams but home and home instead of always away, exposure around the state, from Lubbock to Houston, and of course $$$.

SMU 'nuff said.

New Mexico State NCAA Football and some sites think this is a rivalry, although I've yet to see confirmation on this site. Plus it's a mid-major in the southwest that NT has had good luck against.

Texas State Potential for a good rivalry, likely SBC member if they go I-A and a gimme game to offset losses to the UTs and LSUs of the world.

SMU (Home and Home)

TCU (Home and Home)

In my estimation this needs to be DONE! The DFW bowl helps all of us.

TTech alternating with Houston, Rice, or other regional team.

Texas alternating with OU. Sad as it is, money games have to be done.

TX State or other Southland member. The closest thing we can get to buying a win.

Im not overrating anything. We would have been competitive against A&M. If we played them the same day we played Baylor at Fouts, we would have won......

Maybe the correct analogy is Texas A&M is overrated.

I'm not gonna fight you on this, if you think we could have beaten them, more power to you. I wish we could have gotten a shot at Penn State when they had those crappy seasons recently. Obviously we would have beaten them, too

Bigger linemen, coaches, size, and team speed don't differ from conference to conference at all. Ask SMU about last year's "crap" A&M team.

They make suck, but then can still smoke a small school with a vanilla game plan.