This is why we need out of Sun Belt

Dodd (the writer) takes shots at the Sunbelt and it's schools all the time. This is nothing new for him. He often gets facts and figures wrong, especially when it's concerning anyone not in a power conference or Notre Dame. He represents the big guys and what is wrong with them in every single way.

Dodd is a tool.

what makes this idiot think anyone in the Sun Belt would want a kid who was caught CHEATING, who got caught drinking at a basketball game, and another incident at a party? He's been in Norman for 2 years and already managed to rack up more negative pub than most kids do in an entire career!

Edited by Eagle1855

Don't expect respect when you have not earned it.

Rick

As for the Sun Belt how about we help the conference out and win a few OOC games, which would be a novel concept, instead of the typical OOC games only get us ready for Conference mentality.

As for UNT, how about we actually win in sports other than Soccer, then maybe we would have a shot at getting out of the Belt until then how about we actually win our own conference. huh.gif

Edited by untbowler

SBC football is not alone; CFN smacked the WAC in it's conference preview:

CONFERENCE OUTLOOK

No league has a bigger chasm between the haves and have nots. While that’s lousy for WAC fans hoping for a fun season, it’s great for a Boise State team dreaming to be a part of the BCS if it can beat Oregon State and Utah. Fresno State, Nevada and Hawaii are all good enough to play with anyone in the country for at least a half, Louisiana Tech is decent, and then things drop off the map with San Jose State, Idaho, even with the addition of head coach Dennis Erickson, Utah State and New Mexico State among the worst teams in college football.

The SBC is just what it is....The Sun Belt Conference.

As I recall at the end of every football season there has always been a D-1AA conference ahead in rankings above the SBC.

If I were DD would I take Bomar and his roomie?? Sure, why not. We need a good QB and another good lineman. I dont care what baggage they bring.

IMHO, it would not be too bad if DD, et al, would pick up all the players that other BCS conferences are booting off their teams. UNT would be known as the Oakland Raiders of college football. A team with attitude. Yea, I like the sound philosophy of this concept. Kinda like what Okie State in BB has been doing for years.

The SBC is just what it is....The Sun Belt Conference.

As I recall at the end of every football season there has always been a D-1AA conference ahead in rankings above the SBC.

If I were DD would I take Bomar and his roomie?? Sure, why not.  We need a good QB and another good lineman.  I dont care what baggage they bring.

IMHO, it would not be too bad if DD, et al, would pick up all the players that other BCS conferences are booting off their teams.  UNT would be known as the Oakland Raiders of college football.  A team with attitude.  Yea, I like the sound philosophy of this concept.  Kinda like what Okie State in BB has been doing for years.

It would be nice to have bthe talent, but I think we have had more than our share atttiude, just look at all of the unsportsmanlike penalties over the last 2 years. ph34r.gif

First of all, if these kids are suspended by the NCAA, it applies to all 1A schools and all NCAA schools at all levels. No one get reinstated back at the 1A level, but sometimes after a year or two at a lower level.

So it’s sit for a couple of years and hope for the Southland, not the Sunbelt!

Dodd is a moron. Before the UT - USC game he slammed Vince Young saying he was out of place to whine about the heisman and asked how he was going to feel after he lost in the rose bowl. I read his article after VY stomped USC and it was unbelievable. He was making absurd comparisons with VY to jackie robinson and other black athletes. I couldn't believe this was the same writer.

Nevermind that Reggie McNeal started 4 years at a much more conservative southern school, or other famous black QB's in the NFL have had successful careers. Don't read alot into Dodd's articles, he is the true monday morning QB.

I sent him a scathing e-mail. That was really crappy. The Sun Belt probably has the least troubled players and the least major NCAA violations since its inception.

Did you read his article? And understand it?

What he was implying was that the only place left for a player like Bomar is go to to a school that will take a chance on a player with a troubled past because they are so desperate for success. Very much like how UTEP took a chance on Mike Price, as they really wanted a top tier coach.

He was not implying that the Sunbelt is full of troubled players.

Did you read his article?  And understand it?

What he was implying was that the only place left for a player like Bomar is go to to a school that will take a chance on a player with a troubled past because they are so desperate for success.  Very much like how UTEP took a chance on Mike Price, as they really wanted a top tier coach.

He was not implying that the Sunbelt is full of troubled players.

"Have fun in the Sun Belt or I-AA, guys. You're poison to any self-respecting AD now. "

No, he was implying that there is no respect or honor at these levels and we would beg to take in the trash.

--To me that comment was very insulting. It implied that those in charge of SunBelt teams had no self-respect and that outlaw players would be welcome. The truth is that the Belt seems to be far "cleaner" than almost all other conferences in regard to outlaws and cheating. It was absolutely an insult in my opinion.

--To me that comment was very insulting.  It implied that those in charge of SunBelt teams had no self-respect and that outlaw players would be welcome. The truth is that the Belt seems to be far "cleaner" than almost all other conferences in regard to outlaws and cheating.  It was absolutely an insult in my opinion.

The above 2 posts is what I was trying to say. I basically told him in my e-mail that the Sun Belt has higher standards than that and most likely does have the least violations.

The above 2 posts is what I was trying to say.  I basically told him in my e-mail that the Sun Belt has higher standards than that and most likely does have the least violations.

I'm sure Dodd has a stockpile of keyboards from him wearing out his delete key on angry e-mails he gets.