Sunbelt players signed with NFL

BIG DAWG

WR Sampy signs with Eagles

DT Littlejohn with Titans

No other Sunbelt names mentioned in the LONG list of trasactions from yesterday posted on Sportsline.com

Does the unthinkable happen, and PC not even get a look at a free agent rookie deal???

There are really only 2 possiblities of whats going on right now, either he has alot of teams interested and is weighing his options of where to go or he really does have no one interested. The second to me would be really hard to believe. A guy doesn't win a national rushing title and just not get a look in the NFL. You have to have talent to do what Patrick has done.

There are really only 2 possiblities of whats going on right now, either he has alot of teams interested and is weighing his options of where to go or he really does have no one interested.  The second to me would be really hard to believe.  A guy doesn't win a national rushing title and just not get a look in the NFL.  You have to have talent to do what Patrick has done.

a couple players should get a chance with some teams

i understand that booger had his brother in the NFL already, which helped him... but if he can get two shots in the NFL, i really beleve that Cobbs can get at least one. Patrick is much more of an impact player than booger was, no offense intended at all to booger, is just facts. Im sure Cobbs will get his chance.

GMG!!!

i understand that booger had his brother in the NFL already, which helped him... but if he can get two shots  in the NFL, i really beleve that Cobbs can get at least one.  Patrick is much more of an impact player than booger was, no offense intended at all to booger, is just facts.  Im sure Cobbs will get his chance.

GMG!!!

I agree with Mr. Strange, for the most part. Cobbs did enough in college to deserve a shot with an NFL team. From newspaper articles it sounds as though Patrick is willing to go through whatever steps he needs to go through (CFL/Euro NFL) to get his shot.

I disagree that Booger wasn't an impact player. I just got through watching some old highlight videos from his years and it was apparent he was more than a little impactful. I think Booger just was a classic tweener that just didn't have the prototypical body that the NFL wants. Actually, he didn't have the body that a D1 NCAA team wants..............lucky for that fact he signed with the Mean Green.

Cobbs will get his shot.............I feel certain of it.

Edited by Zeke

i understand that booger had his brother in the NFL already, which helped him... but if he can get two shots  in the NFL, i really beleve that Cobbs can get at least one.  Patrick is much more of an impact player than booger was, no offense intended at all to booger, is just facts.  Im sure Cobbs will get his chance.

GMG!!!

Booger not an impact player? WTF?! You can't be serious!!!

Booger was and still may be an incredible impact player. Personally, I'm convinced that he would have made it at the next level if his weight would have been closer to 300. Only the bionic man can put that kind of stress on his legs and come through uninjured. Maybe he can get healthy and make another run at it. As far as Cobbs is concerned, I think he'll get his chance. I just hope that it's in the NFL.

GMG!!!

I'm sorry I just spewed, what did you say?!

That's like blasphemy without the religion part!

Patrick is much more of an impact player than booger was, no offense intended at all to booger, is just facts. 

GMG!!!

I was sitting in my log cabin, in the backwoods of Louisiana, when I felt a strange disturbance, like something in the world was incredibly wrong.

I saddled a giant nutria, rode it 10 miles to the nearest logging road, and then hitchhiked to the first public library I could find with internet access.

I then logged onto GoMeanGreen.com and found the source of my eerie feeling, this post. Even I think its crazy. Crazy Crazy Crazy.

I have never seen one player have more of an impact than booger did.

signed,

Cerebus

user posted image

PS: Now that I am here, I might as well moderate the board.

well, i ran into my roomate from freshman orientation 4 years ago who said that one of his exg-girlfriend's cousins who got her undergrad degree from NT in '05 and is now back working on her master's was hungry and stopped by chicken express where she ran into JQ who told her that he had recently talked to one of PC's roomates and was told that PC will be signing with the falcons soon.

well, i ran into my roomate from freshman orientation 4 years ago who said that one of his exg-girlfriend's cousins who got her undergrad degree from NT in '05 and is now back working on her master's was hungry and stopped by chicken express where she ran into JQ who told her that he had recently talked to one of PC's roomates and was told that PC will be signing with the falcons soon.

Is that a joke?

I laughed when I saw it.

That has to be about 7 degrees of separation.

I had a cousin's ex girlfriend that ran into a guy that used to work for jared fogle at a subway because he was trying to lose a few, whose wife's dad's brother's son's half sister said she saw elvis on a ufo. Anyway, long story short, Elvis told her that she was hot. Oh yeah, and that PC was going to get signed by the falcons soon.

Lmao...I hope it's true...but its a funny way to find out the inside scoop tongue.gif

Don't know... but it is funny,,,

---Comparing College players to NFL is often like comparing Jr High stars to High school. Some kids are city-wide stars in Jr high but when the rest of the kids catch up in size and speed and are perhaps smarter too, you never hear about the first kid again.

----Booger was a good college player but his size did not translate well to the NFL level. Who knows about Patrick.... RB size is a different matter especially if you are fast.... and again that seems to be a problem as well.

I didnt see Mean Joe Greene play, but to me Booger may be the best player ever to wear greeen. That was a ridiculous post....................He may have been the best defensive lineman in the country as a junior, just ask Mack Brown..........

I didnt see Mean Joe Greene play, but to me Booger may be the best player ever to wear greeen.  That was a ridiculous post....................He may have been the best defensive lineman in the country as a junior, just ask Mack Brown..........

Booger was a killer man up front, too bad everyone saw fit to stick 3 guys on him. Which in turn, left things wide open for the LBs and the rest of the DL.

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Cobbs at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

i guess i need to clarify myself... i think that PC is more capable of being an impact player at the next level. booger was great for UNT, and yes was a great NCAA nosegaurd. obviously though, not that great for the NFL. Patrick on the otherhand i think will be able to hang with the big boys where booger proved that he couldnt. dont get me wrong... i love booger, and i loved what he did for this team the years he was here, this was no way a knock on him. just saying i think that Cobbs can have more of an impact at the NEXT level where booger couldnt. that is all...

GMG!!!

My best friend's sister's boyfriend's brother's girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this kid who's going with a girl who saw Cobbs at 31 Flavors last night. I guess it's pretty serious.

Which flavor did he buy of those 31.??... remember there are 32 NFL teams so he must have eliminated one.

dont get me wrong... i love booger, and i loved what he did for this team the years he was here, this was no way a knock on him. just saying i think that Cobbs can have more of an impact at the NEXT level where booger couldnt.  that is all...

GMG!!!

Translated: "Don't get me wrong I love Booger, but I hate him. He was awesome except when he sucked, which was a lot!" wink.gif