Patrick's stats from The Hula Bowl

SUMG

---He also had a kickoff return.. 23 yards I think... Considering it was an all-star game with a lot of players making appearances, I think he did pretty well. He had opportuities to catch, run and play special teams. Unforfortunately they lost by 3 and the NT kicker missed a rather short kick... It may have been him or the hold... who knows..they have not worked together much and the holder may have never done that before.. He has the ability to play in the NFL IF he can handle the pressure and the huge crowds that he will see. We will see.... hope he makes it

I really think Cobb will stick in the NFL but may may be a Dante-Hall type player. A lot depends on who drafts or signs him. A lot of kickers in the NFL had a rough year so there will be opportuinites there as well if he, Balzulla??, does well in pre-season and early season.

What happened to the Tech QB, Hodges.. he did not play but was listed on the roster. The Texas State QB was very unimpressive and that stupid sack he took at the end ( lost 27 yards) did not show much smarts.... A game-tieing kick was possible until that idiot stunt. He hurt his draft chances big-time.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

The quarterback play by both teams was sad to watch. Those deep tackles for losses and the lack of good pass execution was difficult to watch. Now UCF's Marshall demonstrated some fine pass catching ability even if the ball was poorly thrown. Sad to hear he wasn't even invited to the " NFL Combine."

The play calling was strange and the execution on many plays was poor. The lack of more pregame practices certainly showed.

Pretty boring to watch. Cobbs didn't get much action and Bazaldua had a bad field goal miss that might have been caused by an unfamiliar holder.

dry.gif

--Agree, it wasn't that great... I watched on a split screen TV and would watch when the West had the ball and watch Cobbs. You are right he blocked rather well too, he sure did not hurt his NFL draft chances any. Apparently NFL scouts attend the practices during the week and learn quite a bit as well.

---As is true in many all-star games, it was a lot about individual actions trying to impress and a lot of goofy throws were made. The QBs image in that game pretty much went down and they did not help their "draftability" any.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

---He also had a kickoff return..  23 yards I think... Considering it was an all-star game with a lot of players making appearances, I think he did pretty well.  He had opportuities to catch, run and play special teams.

That's what I got out of it. I think he helped get his name out there, and the fact that he plays special teams is a huge bonus. Many premier players at your bigger schools don't play on special teams, and they're not gonna be premier players in the NFL so they'll have to learn. Cobbs showed his versatility, and that's good. I hope it works out for him.

I saw the Emerald Express make some blocks on the West's second possession and his kickoff return was for 19 yards. But I assume his catch and run was in the 4th? I didn't get the vcr programmed right when the game was live, so I recorded the rerun of it at midnight, and they freakin skipped all but the last couple of minutes of the 4th.

Rick

Patrick made the screen pass look good... he made a nice run for a first down. I was impressed. This happened in the first quarter, acouple plays later they talked about Cobbs and mentioned he was now finally getting back to full strength after a knee injury. Bob Davy talked highly about Cobbs.

Edited by ipEAGLE