NT gets 5 HS FB committments

OldTimer

NT received 5 committments from last weekends visits.

1. FB Avery Clurry, Galveston Ball, 5-11, 225, 4.7 ..he also had offers from Toledo, UTEP, SFA and McNeese.

2. OG soft commit from Galveston Ball Kelvin Drake, 6-3, 280, He plans visit next week to Utah State, possible another to Colorado State. He had offers from Ark St, McNeese, Sam Houston, SFA, Toledo, Souothern Utah.

3. Solid committment from 2* TE Bryant Seidle, Cyress TX Fair, 6-2, 230, 4.51, . Had offers from McNeese and SFA and cancelled a visit to Northwestern.

4. Athlete Chris Neal, Kaufman, 5-8, 162, 4.5

5. Stafford HS LB Craig Robertson, 6-1, 205

The above 5 players were found in todays Star Telegram . See MG report for more info on them.

I know people say not to get caught up in how many "Stars" a guy has, but it seems like we have more guys looking at us and committing that are Rated than we have in the past? Hope Drake firms up his commitment, but it's nice to see us win against schools like Toledo and UTEP, since I'd say they're close to the same spot that we're in.

GMG!!!! Keep 'em coming Dickey and crew!

3.  Solid committment from 2* TE Bryant Seidle, Cyress TX Fair, 6-2, 230, 4.51, .  Had offers from McNeese and SFA and cancelled a visit to Northwestern.

We beat out three Southland Conference schools? ohmy.gif WOW! Yes, that's Northwestern State, I believe, not the Big 10's Northwestern University.

Frustrated on the Coast.

sad.gif

Guest GrayEagleOne

The DRC only shows three of those and I hope that they are right.

Only one rates any stars from Rivals/TxPrep and that's Drake. He's a two star that if taken by a BCS school would have been a three. A quality pick.

Seidle is on the recruiting boards but does not rate a star. He is at the very small end of TEs but does have tremendous speed and might become a fullback, speed rusher or linebacker. He seems to be a good pick.

Curry is not on any boards. He wasn't even the best running back on his team. He did make 2nd team all-district (their #1 was unanimous 1st team). However, he does have the size to be a fullback when we use that formation. It could be that his blocking is what made Taylor (their leading rusher) #1. Also, his friendship with Drake may have helped land the big guy. Sometimes the trade-off is well worth it. I think that it may be in this case.

The other two were no doubt very good high school players. I know that Neal was because I follow Kaufman, my wife's home town. I just can't see them being picked; especially now. Maybe offered preferred walk-on status and hold back a few scholarships but not an early offer with so many potentials still on the boards.

I know that recruiting is not an exact science and not everyone listed is sure-fire and not everyone that isn't listed can't make it. The Burtons, Emfingers, etc. study film, read reports and talk to coaches so they've got a leg up on even coaching staffs. Their two star athletes are seldom duds and those rated higher almost never are.

We are still being considered by more than thirty prospects who are on the board and another two dozen might also be a prospect as they were open to any offers. I'd like to see how those play out first.

Guest GrayEagleOne

We beat out three Southland Conference schools? ohmy.gif  WOW!  Yes, that's Northwestern State, I believe, not the Big 10's Northwestern University.

Frustrated on the Coast.

sad.gif

No, Deep, we're actually talking about the Big 10s Northwestern. Apparently, he had received some interest from Houston and Arizona State as well. He was on the board (as a 1A prospect) he just didn't rate any stars.

We beat out three Southland Conference schools? ohmy.gif  WOW!  Yes, that's Northwestern State, I believe, not the Big 10's Northwestern University.

Frustrated on the Coast.

sad.gif

On rivals it does indicate that the school was Northwestern (in Chicago). Maybe this is just misinformation on thier part but that was the definate indication.

On rivals it does indicate that the school was Northwestern (in Chicago).  Maybe this is just misinformation on thier part but that was the definate indication.

Thanks for the info John, but unfortunately cynicism is the rule not the exception here these days.

No, Deep, we're actually talking about the Big 10s Northwestern.  Apparently, he had received some interest from Houston and Arizona State as well.  He was on the board (as a 1A prospect) he just didn't rate any stars.

Rivals on Seidle

http://rivals100.rivals.com/viewprospect.a...=1&pr_key=46955

North Texas per Rivals

http://rivals100.rivals.com/commitlist.asp...2006&School=163

Edited by MeanGreen61

Here was a story I found on Seidle in Texas Preps Archives. I like the sound of his attitude.

SEIDLE LOOKS GOOD, HOPES FOR MORE OF THE SAME NEXT WEEK

Cy Fair senior tight end Bryant Seidle had one of the best games you could have asked for out of a tight end tonight.

He made several critical blocks, caught a few passes, and stepped up big when the team needed him most.

After wowing the crowd with his impressive performance, Seidle let everyone know what he thought of his own incredible play.

"I think I played well," said Seidle. "But lets be honest, I have things I really need to work on."

While it doesn't come as a shock to hear the workhorse tight end thinking about improving the way he plays his game, it shows the type of player Seidle is.

"I'm never satisfied with staying the same," Seidle said. "I always need to improve, and I can't put too much stock into this win, because I know I need to improve before our next game against Dulles, otherwise I'll just play the same as I did tonight."

While his individual performance was impressive, Seidle was quick to point out he could have done a lot more, especially in the first half, to contribute to the victory.

"We need to get better," said Seidle. "We had a lot of opportunities where we could have scored and didn't. We need to do a better job of finishing series, but it looked like we improved quite a bit in the second half, which I was proud of."

Seidle is hoping that this victory can carry the confidence into next week's game against a tough Dulles team.

"We're going to take it one step at a time," said Seidle. "What we do on a game, that's great. But coming back on Monday, we have to get ready for a new team, and a new scheme. So while we can use this win as a confidence booster, we also will keep in mind that this next team isn't the same, and we can't put too much stock in what happened in the past."

Here was a story I found on Seidle in Texas Preps Archives.  I like the sound of his attitude.

SEIDLE LOOKS GOOD, HOPES FOR MORE OF THE SAME NEXT WEEK

Cy Fair senior tight end Bryant Seidle had one of the best games you could have asked for out of a tight end tonight.

He made several critical blocks, caught a few passes, and stepped up big when the team needed him most.

After wowing the crowd with his impressive performance, Seidle let everyone know what he thought of his own incredible play.

"I think I played well," said Seidle. "But lets be honest, I have things I really need to work on."

While it doesn't come as a shock to hear the workhorse tight end thinking about improving the way he plays his game, it shows the type of player Seidle is.

"I'm never satisfied with staying the same," Seidle said. "I always need to improve, and I can't put too much stock into this win, because I know I need to improve before our next game against Dulles, otherwise I'll just play the same as I did tonight."

While his individual performance was impressive, Seidle was quick to point out he could have done a lot more, especially in the first half, to contribute to the victory.

"We need to get better," said Seidle. "We had a lot of opportunities where we could have scored and didn't. We need to do a better job of finishing series, but it looked like we improved quite a bit in the second half, which I was proud of."

Seidle is hoping that this victory can carry the confidence into next week's game against a tough Dulles team.

"We're going to take it one step at a time," said Seidle. "What we do on a game, that's great. But coming back on Monday, we have to get ready for a new team, and a new scheme. So while we can use this win as a confidence booster, we also will keep in mind that this next team isn't the same, and we can't put too much stock in what happened in the past."

Well, he certainly holds his own with the microphone. Sounds like a very bright and smart kid. Glad to have him aboard.

Guest GrayEagleOne

2-stars according to Rivals:

Curry, Drake, Neal, Robertson, Carlson (LOI), and the Coffeyville Gang (LOI's)

Seidle is listed as running a 4.51??  SICK!! 

KEEP "EM COMING!!  cool.gif

Hey, we do have some impact on Rivals. Curry, Neal, and Robertson were not even listed yesterday; today they have two stars. But I'm disappointed that they didn't change Seidle to 2 stars. We just need to figure out where to play him. A 230 pounder with 4.5 speed is hard to find.

Since Northwestern has a very good academic reputation, can I assume that this young man is NOT going to go the way of Mr. Raymond and Mr. Byerly?

Indeed.

9 commitments so far, all very good, the TE weighs is 230, runs a 4.51, the HB weighs 215, runs a 4.7? Must be a power runner, and has great endurance.

IMO, put 10 pounds on the TE, redshirt him, and play at weakside DE next season.

A stellar 2003/2004 class had great talent, we should have 5-6 wins next year and quite a few more the next season if this talent pans out.

Edited by ntmeangreen11

Well this is my first post and I wanted to set the record straight....Bryant Seidle was recruited heavily by Big 10 Northwestern University. He visited their campus in Evantston twice on unofficial visits (Technique Camps) and was recruited by Pat Fitzergerald...perhaps you remember him...during the '94 Rose Bowl.

Some notable achievements during his high school football days at Cy-Fair include

17-5A All District 1st Team Offense (unamious both Jr and Sr yr)

Dave Campbell Top 300 in State

Finalist for the Team Texas Dave Parks award on TexasHSfootball.com

1st Team All Greater Houston 5A - TexasHSfootball.com

2nd Team All Greater Houston 5A - rivals.com

2005 Super List - 5ATexasfootball.com

Well this is my first post and I wanted to set the record straight....Bryant Seidle was recruited heavily by Big 10 Northwestern University.  He visited their campus in Evantston twice on unofficial visits (Technique Camps) and was recruited by Pat Fitzergerald...perhaps you remember him...during the '94 Rose Bowl. 

Some notable achievements during his high school football days at Cy-Fair include

17-5A All District 1st Team Offense (unamious both Jr and Sr yr)

Dave Campbell Top 300 in State

Finalist for the Team Texas Dave Parks award on TexasHSfootball.com

1st Team All Greater Houston 5A - TexasHSfootball.com

2nd Team All Greater Houston 5A - rivals.com

2005 Super List - 5ATexasfootball.com

Thanks & welcome to the board biggrin.gif

Guest UNTMike81*

Thanks & welcome to the board biggrin.gif

More Houston players for us Houstonian's to follow. Welcome to the board. I hope your son has a properious football career while earning his degree. There's some head coaching and staff bashing on this board, but I'm sure you already knew that.

Would enjoy hearing your perspective about our team as you son progresses though the program.

GO MEAN GREEN!!!