FW Star Telegram Area top 50 out today

OldTimer

7 players are considering NMexSt, Tulsa and La Tech none listed considering NT.

This could be DD's recruiting technique at work...telling a recruit not to announce they are considering NT.

The last time I checked, we have no prospects listed in the Dallas area top 100 which includes many players that are also in their (Rivals) top state wide 100.

Lets hope no bowl game leaves NT coaches with more time to recruit.

Oldtimer--

Agree, this is the first time that I remember that none of the area's top 50 or the state's 100 have not listed UNT as a possible selection.

We are getting beat out by NMSU on recruiting in this area???????????

I think a couple of D1AA schools had some prospects in this area!!!!!!!!!!!

This is UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OUR RECRUITING FOR TOP PLAYERS IN ONE OF THE HOTBEDS OF COLLEGE FB IS NON-EXISTANT!!!!!!!

Oldtimer--

Agree, this is the first time that I remember that none of the area's top 50 or the state's 100 have not listed UNT as a possible selection.

OUR RECRUITING FOR TOP PLAYERS IN ONE OF THE HOTBEDS OF COLLEGE FB IS NON-EXISTANT!!!!!!!

We have none in the Ft. Worth and Dallas are prospects. We do have one in the statewide top 100 ...in the 80's.

Isn't Dallas the recruiting area for Ramon Flanagan?Ā  I am sure that in a few weeks those numbers will swell now that the season is over and he commits his full attention to recruiting.

You'd better not say that again to his face... He's a little sensitive.

I'm not a sky-is-fallen fan, I'm optimistic about next year and I"m glad to have Dickey on as head coach. But the only thing I really want to see Flanagan recruit is a new employer.

It's sad but this is not really that different than the past few years. We would all like to hope that it is because DD asks them not to mention NT, but other than DD who knows. Yes H.S. recruiting is important but this year I believe that JUCO recruiting is more important this year. There are many postions that we have no idea who will step up to fill next year. Go after juco's that can come in the spring and learn the system and then be ready for fall. NT is not even close to it's full ship number so use those on juco's who can come in and help now. DD usually goes after 3-5 this year it should be 6-8.

It's sad but this is not really that different than the past few years. We would all like to hope that it is because DD asks them not to mention NT, but other than DD who knows. Yes H.S. recruiting is important but this year I believe that JUCO recruiting is more important this year. There are many postions that we have no idea who will step up to fill next year. Go after juco's that can come in the spring and learn the system and then be ready for fall. NT is not even close to it's full ship number so use those on juco's who can come in and help now. DD usually goes after 3-5 this year it should be 6-8.

Why exactly does DD ask them not to mention UNT?

Overall, JUCOS have not benefited NT.

He asks them so that other schools do not know that NT is going after them. It's a trickle down effect. EX. If Tech loses a recruit last second then they take one away from TCU who will then take one away from NT.

Jucos have helped alot.

Mike Pruitt, T.J. Covington, Galbreath??, Weathers, and those are just a few in the past few years. It makes a huge difference if the player comes in spring or waits till fall. If they wait till fall it takes them a few games to get into the system. ex Ransom

He asks them so that other schools do not know that NT is going after them. It's a trickle down effect. EX. If Tech loses a recruit last second then they take one away from TCU who will then take one away from NT.

Jucos have helped alot.

Mike Pruitt, T.J. Covington, Galbreath??, Weathers, and those are just a few in the past few years. It makes a huge difference if the player comes in spring or waits till fall. If they wait till fall it takes them a few games to get into the system. ex Ransom

and that really works?

Oldtimer--

We currently show 28 players from the DFWDenton area on our roster, and I'm including Quinn from McKinney in that as well.

Texas St has had success recruiting the DFW regions, including the Southland Concference 2005 offensive player of the year Barrick Nealy(Dallas, Adamson by way of transferring from U of H) who is their QB. TxTs currently shows 20 players from the immediate DFW/Denton(Luke Bomar, 6-1, 250 lb fullback from Denton High) region. By the way, Texas State won the SLC this season, knocked off nationally known powerhouse Georgia Southern 50-35 last week and is currently ranked 4th in the nation.

Rick

Edited by FirefightnRick

Jucos have helped alot.

I did say overall. Sure, we've had some great JUCOS. But we've had more busts than successes. And TJ Covington has to be a major disappointment in my mind. Nothing but a hot dogger who got burned in many games.