Coaches show....

ipEAGLE

---Un-named sourses are traditional [Deep Throat] and besides in this situation the content of these comments are expected and rather obvious to all.... There hasn't been a lot of change as the game goes. But I don't really think that is the big problem... I have no answers. It is a disappointing year since so many had high expectations with two oustandings RBs back.... It proves that 1-2-3 players do not make a team. RBs are never as good as they look nor are they as bad. They need blocking and time to find openings. Cobbs is getting yards, just not TDs.

The D will "look" bad when they have to return too soon without rest and in bad field positon when the offense does little to keep the ball or move down the field. They may not being doing well but they aren't doing as poorly as it appears. They need offensive help.

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66

Anyone know what the word on Meager is?  I thought he came out of the game because of a shoulder injury?

I was at the game but didn't see why he came out. Phillips had warmed up a few different times before he went in. I thought it was because they needed to throw deep and Phillips has the stronger arm. Meager had a shoulder injury in the spring and to me still appears to underthrow deep balls. I did see him rubbing his shoulder after one long throw late but I don't know if it was because of the throw or the hit he took.