coaching adjustments

edcollopy

I have to be vague to protect certain friends and coaches of one of our opponents earlier this year but I have to tell everyone what he said.

'they were extremely easy to coach against. they made no adjustments from the first quarter to the fourth. After our halftime lead, I thought they would do something differently, but didn't. I was suprised.'

i think every coach can make this statement and after hearing it...it made me sad that everything we call is so elementary.

Another prime example is the bowl game last year....absolutely no adjustments through out the game yesterday.

you want to see adjustments??? look at the Charger/Eagles game yesterday...neither team could run worth a damn...came out and aired it out for the last 2 quarters. both teams combined for 45 yards rushing and over 90 attempts.

I have to be vague to protect certain friends and coaches of one of our opponents earlier this year but I have to tell everyone what he said.

'they were extremely easy to coach against.  they made no adjustments from the first quarter to the fourth.  After our halftime lead, I thought they would do something differently, but didn't.  I was suprised.'

i think every coach can make this statement and after hearing it...it made me sad that everything we call is so elementary.

Another prime example is the bowl game last year....absolutely no adjustments through out the game yesterday.

you want to see adjustments??? look at the Charger/Eagles game yesterday...neither team could run worth a damn...came out and aired it out for the last 2 quarters.  both teams combined for 45 yards rushing and over 90 attempts.

This is very sad. This isn't pee wee football. These are grown men playing. Adjustments should be made. mad.gifmad.gif

'they were extremely easy to coach against.  they made no adjustments from the first quarter to the fourth.  After our halftime lead, I thought they would do something differently, but didn't.  I was suprised.'

you want to see adjustments??? look at the Charger/Eagles game yesterday...neither team could run worth a damn...came out and aired it out for the last 2 quarters.  both teams combined for 45 yards rushing and over 90 attempts.

Gad-zooks, more "unnamed sources". rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif

Hey, if a stupid art major knows to make defensive and offensive adjustments in a flag football game and in a videogame---

The coaches have no damn business not doing the same in a college setting.

Watch the supporters of this program will say the coaches are not paid enough to make adjustments in a game and we need to donate more money to get adjustments into their contracts. cool.gif

Edited by untbowler

Watch the supporters if this program will say the coaches are not paid enough to make adjustments in a game and we need to donate more money to get adjustments into their contracts.  cool.gif

You know someone will.

The thing is, we're paying them to make adjustments. I'd be shocked to see a coach at any level say to the fans that his policy is to NOT make adjustments in order to win a game...I wonder how long they'd last. Heck, let's put it in an NFL context- if our man, The Tuna went up during a pregame show and told Cowboy fans nationwide that he would make NO adjustments regardless of what the score is, and that he'd do the same in every game, and not allow audibles...I wonder how long it'll take for JJ to drop him like a brick.

wish names could be used but it's not fair to those who let me know...just take it for what it's worth...it's not like it's a big suprise....it's just sad hearing it from the mouths of our opposing coaches.

Why? Any fan with an ounce of football knowledge can see that we don't make adjustments.

Unless you are in the locker room at halftime, how would you or any other person on this board know whether or not they are making adjustments ? These guys know football whether it looks like it or not. Every coach makes adjustments in every game, now whether it looks like it or not, there are adjustments made. It is fine to question the play-calling but these guys have seen millions of hours of film, have gone to millions of clinics and heck Dickey's dad was a college head coach, so obviously the coaches know the game.

If a Civil War General marches his troops into a trap; loses most of his men, is captured and after the war says, "It was the fault of the soldiers and the support at home;" doesn't that have a familiarity with our present situation?

Where does the "buck" stop? You be the judge.

Regardless of how much we like or dislike a certain football coach, he still has the responsibility to lead to a respectable record. By the end of the season we will know.

you can't always name a source. journalism 101 teaches you that. you come on to this message board and start throwing names around then the people that inform you of things are going to stop. cerebus- you are close to the program...would you disclose your sources everytime you post something? it is not like rocket science to see that we do not make adjustments very well at halftime. tell me the last time that we have been shut out in the first half, went in and made good adjustments and then came out in the second half to play well? you guys act like this is something new....

Agree----------agree-----------agree----------agree--------

Stop with the un named sources...........Rumors.............this ain't junior high!!

WE SHOULD ALL JUDGE DD AND THE TEAM'S PERFORMANCE AT THE END OF THE YEAR AND NOT HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON.

After the LSU game when we have the schedule loaded with SBC schools ONLY we will see how the Team does!!!

Some of you people would have gotten rid of FDR, Eisenhower & McArthur in early 1943 with all the losses we incured in favor of a ROTC instructor.

Be patient.....I can not believe that we can still win the SBC.

What if DD pulls a miricle out of his helmet and wins the SBC for a 5th time???? Do you still continue to talk about a replacement???

What if DD pulls a miricle out of his helmet and wins the SBC for a 5th time???? Do you still continue to talk about a replacement???

Yes. But that is just my opinion. I believe DD has taken the program as far as it should go and I thought he should have been gone last year. That being said, I still support North Texas and the Mean Green no matter how we do this year. I am a season ticket holder and go to every home game, and listen or watch away games I cannot attend. I talk up my school to anyone who meets me, and you'd be hard-pressed to find me on a Friday not wearing my green.

Overexcessive posting of "unnamed sources" is rediculous and should be taken with a grain of salt. However, sometimes you really can't post direct quotes. You can take or leave that as you will. I'll just say that I wouldn't post an "unnamed source" unless I had good reason. Most of you don't know me, so if you don't believe me that's fine. Regardless of how you feel, go out and support the Mean Green Nov. 5 against ULaLa.

Agree----------agree-----------agree----------agree--------

Stop with the un named sources...........Rumors.............this ain't junior high!!

WE SHOULD ALL JUDGE DD AND THE TEAM'S PERFORMANCE AT THE END OF THE YEAR AND NOT HALF WAY THROUGH THE SEASON.

After the LSU game when we have the schedule  loaded with SBC schools ONLY we will see how the Team does!!!

Some of you people would have gotten rid of FDR, Eisenhower & McArthur in early 1943 with all the losses we incured in favor of a ROTC instructor.

Be patient.....I can not believe that we can still win the SBC.

Whoopeee We win the Sun Belt Conference for the 5th straight year, all the while we lost all of our OOC games by an avg of 40+ points. Do we want to go thru another bowl game being the laughing stock of the country b/c we won a conference that is worse than some 1-AA conferences.

Sig,

A few things that are wrong with your assumption.

First, I have a problem with the type of this rumor. It is not verifiable. That coach is never going to hold a press conference to claim or disavow that quote. When the MGR, or Harry or I post something its usually something like "Jim Mcingvale has donated 1 million dollars to the school and an announcement will be made later this week" or "this is the complete list of players that will sign with us on National Signing Day". And then what happens? It either comes to pass or it doesn't. But pretty soon people can pass judgement on whether or not we where right, and if we should be trusted.

Second, I have a problem with the lack of a track record. The MGR, Harry and I have a long track record of being right on what we post most of the time. A few posters *cough* -> ph34r.gif <- *cough* do get to post unnamed sources becasue first they have a proven track record of being right on verifiable information. Second, I happen to know who they are, and how they could have gotten that information.

Lastly, the MGR, Harry and I have alot to lose by posting bad information. We risk throwing the "street cred" we have with posters if we post things that come out to be false. Anyone else can start a new account on here if they can become to be seen as untrusted sources.

Absolutely. If he somehow guides this team to another SBC title that, in itself, shows how poor the SBC really is and has nothing to do with DD's coaching ability.