A Message from the UNT System Chancellor

Cerebus

Dear UNT Community Member:

I'd appreciate a few minutes of your time and your thoughts about the kind of person UNT should seek as its next president.

I posed that question to various students and staff and faculty members in 10 small group discussion sessions held during the last month. I listened carefully and asked them to share ideas about the types of experiences that are most relevant, the ideal personality traits of an effective leader, and the goals for UNT that should be the goals of our next president.

These ideas have been assimilated into an online survey that will permit you to share your ideas with a search advisory committee, the Board of Regents and me. If the suggestions in the survey don't express your priorities exactly, then please add additional suggestions.

After Dr. Norval Pohl's announcement this summer that he will complete his service as UNT president this academic year, the UNT System Board of Regents began the process of gathering a Search Advisory Committee to recruit the best possible leader as the next president of our university. Soon we will announce the members of the committee.

In November, we hope to present the committee members an evaluation of responses to this survey and demonstrate priorities which may stand out from the results.

You may participate in the survey through November 4th by clicking the following URL: https://web2survey.unt.edu/users/lro0001/UN...rch/Search_srvy

Thank you for your time. I look forward to your suggestions.

Lee Jackson

Chancellor

University of North Texas System

https://web2survey.unt.edu/users/lro0001/UN...rch/Search_srvy

My "additional qualifications":

1)Personal belief in the importance of inter-collegiate athletics as a major contributor to student satisfaction and alumni involvement.

2)Ability to differ in opinion with the university chancellor and to stand his/her ground on issues.

And, my "message to the selection committee":

It cannot be emphasized enough how important this Presidential selection is. North Texas is at the brink of taking unprecedented strides both academically and in terms of nationwide recognition due to the steps taken by Dr. Pohl. Imperative in taking these steps is an understanding of the role that athletics can play in getting the university's name and mission out to the general public. Afterall, every nationally televised North Texas athletic event is a opportunity to disseminate information about North Texas as an institution. Only when ALL portions of the university are emphasized can any portion of the university succeed to the fullest.

What the hell is an alumus? Are they trying to spell alumnus on this university document?

Damn, if they can't spell words like that correctly, can't they just have Dr. Johnson just plagiarize the questionnaire off someone else's website?

Proof Read Your Documents! PEOPLE DO NOTICE.

If you do a Google search you will find that many Universities reference ALUMUS

Then it must be a version of the word only used by the very, very, very, smart. It's not listed as a proper word on dictionary.com, merriam webster's online dictionary or any other online dictionary source. In fact, there is a site which claims to search 780 online dictionaries simultaneously and it returns this:

http://www.onelook.com/?loc=pub&w=alumus

Then it must be a version of the word only used by the very, very, very, smart.  It's not listed as a proper word on dictionary.com, merriam webster's online dictionary or any other online dictionary source.  In fact, there is a site which claims to search 780 online dictionaries simultaneously and it returns this:

http://www.onelook.com/?loc=pub&w=alumus

Google ask -Did you mean: alumni

but then it shows many references for Alumus wink.gifwink.gifwink.gif

Some of these questions I have to wonder why they even have them on here. Is anyone going to put how unimportant it is to have an honest, trusted, or liked individual? I can't imagine why they would so I can't imagine what kind of info they can gather from a question like that.

I do hope they look at the comments though.

Some of these questions I have to wonder why they even have them on here.  Is anyone going to put how unimportant it is to have an honest, trusted, or liked individual?  I can't imagine why they would so I can't imagine what kind of info they can gather from a question like that.

I do hope they look at the comments though.

There's a very good reason they have questions like that on there Zeke. It is so that when they hire whomever it is that they are going to hire they can issue a release that says "The members of the North Texas family told us how important it was to have a honest, trusted, visionary, ________(fill in the blank) leader and we believe we've found one in Mr. Yes Man." This way you can't come back and say you weren't asked your opinion while at the same time they don't have to give you any real substance to weigh in on. Your "comments" will magically not be heeded though they'll use the "poll" to validate their selection.

There's a very good reason they have questions like that on there Zeke.  It is so that when they hire whomever it is that they are going to hire they can issue a release that says "The members of the North Texas family told us how important it was to have a honest, trusted, visionary, ________(fill in the blank) leader and we believe we've found one in Mr. Yes Man."  This way you can't come back and say you weren't asked your opinion while at the same time they don't have to give you any real substance to weigh in on.  Your "comments" will magically not be heeded though they'll use the "poll" to validate their selection.

I have no doubt this is the situation. I feel like the questions asked are there to later say, "pat us on the back, we care what alumni feel".

Hope I am wrong..........please don't anyone not fill this out because of this discussion.

What the hell is an alumus? Are they trying to spell alumnus on this university document?

Damn, if they can't spell words like that correctly, can't they just have Dr. Johnson just plagiarize the questionnaire off someone else's website?

Proof Read Your Documents! PEOPLE DO NOTICE.

laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Does anyone really believe that this guy is going to pay any attention to the survey? This is the guy who ran off the current President. The survey is a public relations gimmick. Remember how we were treated during the logo madness.