Go Houston Astros! Bring the W. Series To Texas!

They came into the NL and started as the Houston Colt .45's in 1962. This game is giving this former ex Houston area citizen some goose bumps!

Many of us remember some of the earliest pioneers of this baseball club like play-play guy Gene Elston, color commentators Loel Passe and Harry "that balls in Astros orbit" Kalas, Turk Farrell, Jimmy "The Toy Cannon" Wynn, John Bateman, Rusty Staub, Bobby Lillis, Don Nottebart, Ken "lost a no-hitter" Johson, Nellie Fox, Jose Cruz, Nolan Ryan, Bob Aspromonte, Walt Bond, Roman Mejias and who have I missed some of you old Colt .45/Astro fans?

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I have faith that the Astros will win tomorrow night in St. Louis and perservere from that gut wrenching loss last night.

In Roy we trust, dude. If we can score with runners in scoring position then Lidge wouldn't even be in the position to give up a 3-run homer. And Ensberg....he's my favorite player on this team but he's really ticking me off with his playoff performance. I'm flying to St Louis to shave his beard if things don't improve tonight.

I'll never forget the very first game I saw with the (then) Colt .45s (who became the Astros in 1965 when the Astrodome opened).

Anyway, it was a warm, muggy, mosquito-infested typical Houston night at Colt Stadium in May of 1962 when the Astros hosted Willie Mays, Willie "Stretch" McCovey, Juan Marichal, Orlando "Baby Bull" Cepeda and other San Francisco Giants (who were my team in the National League back then--the Yankees and the "M&M" boys were my team in the American League.

Anyway as I recall, it was a home run derby sorta' night with Mays, McCovey and Cepeda popping em' out for homers non-stop that night.

Colt Stadium looked a whole lot like the old Arlington Stadium. It had a collage of rainbow-colored seating sections that looked pretty cool for a 11 year old kid from Danbury, Texas. Hey, this was the majors and Texas had its first major league baseball team although they have had their ups and downs (and no pennants). Here's hoping that changes tonight. cool.gif

GO 'STROS!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

Good News For the White Sox Fans: They won the World Series...

Bad News For The White Sox Fans: Texas is cutting off all the natural gas lines to Chicago this winter. ohmy.gif

Anyone else get the feeling if the Astros would have scored 15 runs tonight that the White Sox would have somehow scored 16? sad.gif

Last time White Sox won the WS was the year my father was born, ie, 1917. That was a loooonnnnnngggggg time ago, folks.

Edited by PlummMeanGreen