If JaMario is hurt why doesnt anyone come out

calvin

There were tons of disappointing things about Saturday but to me JaMario not playing was the most disappointing. I had a crew with me that came to the game just to see him. Is he hurt or what, if so why not come out and say he is hurt. Otherwise this whole RB situation is not working out very well to me. Cobbs has 45 carries to J-Mo's 17. Watching J-Mo's highlights from last season made me remember how special he is. 291, 258, 256, 247, speaks for itself. My question is if he is hurt then why send him out there at all and risk losing him for a long period and if he isnt hurt then why is he not running the ball. Cobbs is good and had a good game but JaMario is one of those athletes that just has " It ." That special gift to make plays and turn nothing into something and he is a threat everytime he touches it. I remember Barry Switzer said when they played Okie St. that he hoped Thurman Thomas didnt get hurt b/c he didnt want Barry Sanders coming into the games. That is probably how opposing coaches feel about us. This point right now is similar to last year, we had a terrible home opener and everyone was down and we had to go to a Big 12 school and JaMario saved our season, I am hoping this week is the same thing except we win. How does JaMario at least not start a series the other night ?????????

Pat had 5.9 a carry saturday. would have been closer to 7 if the 39 yard scamper had been counted.

Coach Dickey, and myself, in the MGR, have confirmed on several occasions that Jamario has a hamstring issue. It isn't a big one, but it is enough to slow him down a step.

Edited by illuvius32

Pat had 5.9 a carry saturday.  would have been closer to 7 if the 39 yard scamper had been counted.

Coach Dickey, and myself, in the MGR, have confirmed on several occasions that Jamario has a hamstring issue.  It isn't a big one, but it is enough to slow him down a step.

Didn't he have a hamstring issue all of 2004? Not trying to be snide, but I thought he got hurt at Baylor, but pretty much played the rest of the way b/c we didn't have a better option....I mean, he sat out the Ark St. game b/c of it as well....

Guys... Ham. String. That's the diagnosis. That's what's wrong. Unless everyone at North Texas is blatantly lying to us, that's what wrong. Not a knee. Not a coach playing favorites. Not a conspiracy. Just a sore hamstring.

This week, Jamario got ten fewer carries than Patrick. Assuming a similar proportional carry load when J-Mo gets the call, you're looking two or three weeks when things even out. Just hang on. We're two games into the season. When Jamario has two dozen carries in late October, then something's wrong. Until then, be patient.

Edited by illuvius32

Guest JohnDenver

Guys... Ham. String.  That's the diagnosis.  That's what's wrong.  Unless everyone at North Texas is blatantly lying to us, that's what wrong.

This week, Jamario got ten fewer carries than Patrick.  Assuming a similar proportional carry load when J-Mo gets the call, you're looking two or three weeks when things even out.  Just hang on.  We're two games into the season.  When Jamario has two dozen carries in late October, then something's wrong.  Until then, be patient.

Knee (as seen from the stands) & Hamstring (as told by the staff since two-a-days).

Everyone at the game could see that when he slipped and fell on first run that he tweaked his knee. He walked gingerly after that ...

He's got a hamstring tweak at this point. He's not (to this point) injured enough to pull him, and he can't redshirt.

AND

As for the carries per game, I don't think that it matters which RB you put in if you can't get the OL to block for him. We can put whomever into the backfield, but if he doesn't get blocks, he won't get anywhere. I'm sure our twin RB's know this as well.