Mean Green Fan is academically ineligible

emmitt01

Lots of hostility lately???? Looks like some people need to calm down a bit. We still have had no official word, even though all the pointers seem to be true. Emmitt is right on this one. Let's give DD and RV a chance to do some damage control and then see where we are, before we deal with the loss. I have already started Meager in my NCAA 06 and he was 7 of 9 for 228 yards and two scores to Quinn. (If it happens on XBOX, it must be true) Meager will be ready...and I still think he is the man to lead this team anyway. The kid is for real... if we can just keep him on the field. Yes, Byerly will be missed, but we dont have an official word from the team yet, so I'm in denial until the Mean Green Flag is posted at half-mast.

As for the tension... I think a night at Riprocks will fix that.. I'm in!!!

GMG!!!

My source...a good one...saw a guy who used to room with the ex-boyfriend of a girl that once sat on the same row as Scott Hall during a lecture in the Lyceum at Cici's, and in between the pepperoni and chocolate cake, verified that *insert your own gmg.com poster who is saying "I told you so" in every thread here* does not have a sense of humor.

Edited by Coach

I think you need to quit listening to your sources and read your own signature quote, you're proving it again emmitt01!!

I again would like to know what being the "first" to know this information, combined with the inability to take yourself lightly, nets you. My presumption is "not much."

Maybe as a 'Boomer I've missed some inside humor from some of you GenX'ers, but I hope this is all mostly tongue n' cheek.

Yet Emmitt is one of our best and you all know that PLUS he has committed $1,000 to the 2005/2006 Mean Green Club which is about twice as much as I have for the upcoming year. I admire that from him.

Go E01!

GMG!

Edited by PlummMeanGreen

I don't care how much he has given to North Texas Football or if he is a Mean Green Club Member, I am a Club Member member as well. I thought the purpose of this forum is to cover North Texas football and keep everyone abreast on the status of our team, not going in and poking fun of other members, ie posting topic titles like, "Mean Green Fan is academically ineligible" even when the information was right on. I just think it's childish and not what the forum wants to read about when they log on.

Go Mean Green!

You are right, this site is for serious reporting of facts only, and Emmitt is guilty, as am I, of compromising our journalistic integrity in posting false news reports.

When the readers of this forum log in during the offseason, they want the hard facts on our program, as passed on by an ex-player at the horse tracks, not clearly off the wall posts intended to make someone smile or chuckle. I have let those readers down, and I apologize. This is not the time or place for humor.

I hope that someday I can be again accepted into the world of credible internet message board reporters.

Edited by Coach

I hope that someday I can be again accepted into the world of credible internet message board reporters.

Well, if you are accepted, I would hope that the NCAA would also grant Zach Muzzy another year of eligibility.

Without naming names, let's just say somebody who meets with his deep throat informants while picking the ponies, some of us need to stop taking ourselves so seriously. Yeah, this forum is about football news and I will be forever grateful to those who have reported that Joey Byerly is ineligible for the fifteenth time as if it were breaking news. Far be it from me to infuse a little humor into the board, ESPECIALLY when I did so originally without mentioning any names. That our own resident Woodward (or is it Bernstein?) took it as a personal afront tickles me even more than the secret Taco Bell meeting with coach Flanigan...though I'm told now that he's not inside enough. laugh.gif

Ok, guys let's all get back to relevant NT football related news. Did anyone catch this week's practices? What's that? There were none? None? Surely there was a team workout session right? No? Well geez Louise, how am I supposed to post hard hitting relevant news when there is no real football to speak of? I'm sorry, what did you say? I should go to the pony track? Ok, but what if what I hear there is old news? Oh, it's ok it as long as it's semi-football related? Oh, ok.

Emmitt: Your stories are obviously made up. Very much like the National Inquirer.

If you said something like "This player is ineligible because of ..." and start a fire storm of "is this for real?" type discussions, that would be different.

We can look at the message and say "obviously this is made up."

Keeps the board active during the football deadzone.

So did Bat Boy make the team or not? tongue.gif

.....The National Inquirer makes up stories...... OH NO.!!!!...... At least I can depend of the "World News Weekly" to tell me the truth facts of World events...... Anyone know when Bush is meeting with those space aliens again?

Edited by SCREAMING EAGLE-66