McNac to Fullback?

Harry

He's big enough - 260+ and he is evidently healthy this year after an injury plagued season last year. With the depth at linebacker he will have a tough time helping us there. I know Mitchell is still the man, but when things get real crowded up front McNac could surely open things up a bit for J-Mo and Patrick.

user posted image

He's big enough - 260+ and he is evidently healthy this year after an injury plagued season last year.  With the depth at linebacker he will have a tough time helping us there.  I know Mitchell is still the man, but when things get real crowded up front McNac could surely open things up a bit for J-Mo and Patrick.

user posted image

Harry, did he ever play in the backfield in HS?

Harry,

Good to see you've come around to my way of thinking. I've said for 2 years that McNac is a protype blocking fullback. He's not fast enough to be an effective linebacker, but he's big & strong enough to take on a linebacker as a blocker. I think he'd be a devestating blocker!!!

Funny stuff... Korona Henderson has my vote for FB. That kid just loves to hit. I think "Big-Mac" could play Free safety, but there is the speed and conditioning thing? He could play receiver, but I think he might end up opposite little Gary Obure in practice...can anyone say "Get up, Gary?". Not worth the loss of another player. I wonder if Big Mac can deep snap? He is a good guy, and needs to find a place to play, at least until he is hurt in week two...

All joking aside...Big Mac just needs to stay healthy. If he could come in around 245-ish...he could contribute. I think Coach Dickey has a plan for him. He just needs to walk around for more than two months without straining or tearing anything?

GMG!!!

You know, my first thought was the same as Silver's, he's not fast enough. But, upon further review, I'm not sure that you have to have blazing speed to protect the quarterback or even lead interference. Perhaps more quickness than speed.

I'd try him there. If he can't beat the undersized Mitchell, Nevins and Henderson, or at least one or two of them, then I'd try him at DE. He looks so powerful that it seems to me that he should be in there for some plays somewhere.