UAB (2/18/24)

Big Z

All over the place with this one. 

1. No more road games for me. Beginning to think I am the jinx

2. Are we not game planning for the opposing teams best player? I felt that we should have doubled Lendeborg from the start. The game plan gave me Jason Garrett vibes.

3. Enjoyed seeing CRH call out to an official by name & then rip into him. About time.

4. #2 was not #2 in the first half. A real WTF moment. He almost always plays well in the first half. Yesterday - hades NO!!!! 

5. #1 was invisible. Lendeborg ate him alive. A real WTF moment. UAB’s post game presser is worth a listen. 

6. Stats are deceiving - total sleepwalk by Robert Allen. Another WTF moment.

7. If you haven’t seen Sissoko up close, wow. Dude is huge! He was bullied like a 3rd grader at recess. Another WTF moment.

8. They ALL must play better away from the Pit. It’s like they all forgot how to play basketball. 

9. CJ & Rubin back this weekend. You heard it here first.

Finish out the season strong & let’s see what happens in the tournament. UAB had no home court advantage yesterday. None!!!

I’m not happy about yesterday. Jekyll & Hyde.

CRH’s post game presser was very informative. Gave a little insight into the personalities on the team. He is not happy either with what he saw yesterday. 

Edited by HoosMeanGreen
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, greenminer said:

Pulling that up for anyone interested.

"Jason Edwards is a handful...I am not trying to be blasphemous...he has a lot of Jelly Walker characteristics...he's a really good player."

Edited by MCMLXXX
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

All over the place with this one. 

1. No more road games for me. Beginning to think I am the jinx

2. Are we not game planning for the opposing teams best player? I felt that we should have doubled Lendeborg from the start. The game plan gave me Jason Garrett vibes.

3. Enjoyed seeing CRH call out to an official by name & then rip into him. About time.

4. #2 was not #2 in the first half. A real WTF moment. He almost always plays well in the first half. Yesterday - hades NO!!!! 

5. #1 was invisible. Lendeborg ate him alive. A real WTF moment. UAB’s post game presser is worth a listen. 

6. Stats are deceiving - total sleepwalk by Robert Allen. Another WTF moment.

7. If you haven’t seen Sissoko up close, wow. Dude is huge! He was bullied like a 3rd grader at recess. Another WTF moment.

8. They ALL must play better away from the Pit. It’s like they all forgot how to play basketball. 

9. CJ & Rubin back this weekend. You heard it here first.

Finish out the season strong & let’s see what happens in the tournament. UAB had no home court advantage yesterday. None!!!

I’m not happy about yesterday. Jekyll & Hyde.

CRH’s post game presser was very informative. Gave a little insight into the personalities on the team. He is not happy either with what he saw yesterday. 

1. how bout no more posts too? just to see if it fixes the jinx.

2. Gaines went 1-4 for 6pts. 

3. neat. 

4. the UAB defense was keying on Edwards and basically making anyone else on the floor beat them. they didn't. it's a pretty common strategy...maybe Tony Bennett has never utilized it though. I don't know. 

5. Scott and Lendeborg got into it at the Denton game...lots of back and forth...Scott dropped 20, Lendeborg 16...but it was pretty clear that Lendeborg was motivated to have a game against Scott. Lendeborg is 6'9" 230, Scott is 6'7" 200...they're both very good players, but thinking Scott can just body up Lendeborg shows both a lack of knowledge of basketball and general physics. 

6. damn..I'll take any dude who can just sleep-walk to 13-5-4. 

7. Davis and Lendeborg are better basketball players than Sissoko and basically the exact same size. sometimes that's just how this game works. 

8. you know that there's another team that plays the game too, right? 

9. if you're wrong will you go away? what if you're right? 

"Finish out the season strong & let’s see what happens in the tournament." - or maybe I'm just teasing...with brilliant insight like this where would the board be without you? 

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Downvote 2

19 hours ago, greenminer said:

Pulling that up for anyone interested.

Thanks for posting that.  The post game presser that I was referring to is the one on The Varsity network.  I was in the arena and listened to it live.  Lindeborg spoke specifically on the A-Scott matchup.      

• Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 1

10 hours ago, Censored by Laurie said:

1. how bout no more posts too? just to see if it fixes the jinx.

2. Gaines went 1-4 for 6pts. 

3. neat. 

4. the UAB defense was keying on Edwards and basically making anyone else on the floor beat them. they didn't. it's a pretty common strategy...maybe Tony Bennett has never utilized it though. I don't know. 

5. Scott and Lendeborg got into it at the Denton game...lots of back and forth...Scott dropped 20, Lendeborg 16...but it was pretty clear that Lendeborg was motivated to have a game against Scott. Lendeborg is 6'9" 230, Scott is 6'7" 200...they're both very good players, but thinking Scott can just body up Lendeborg shows both a lack of knowledge of basketball and general physics. 

6. damn..I'll take any dude who can just sleep-walk to 13-5-4. 

7. Davis and Lendeborg are better basketball players than Sissoko and basically the exact same size. sometimes that's just how this game works. 

8. you know that there's another team that plays the game too, right? 

9. if you're wrong will you go away? what if you're right? 

"Finish out the season strong & let’s see what happens in the tournament." - or maybe I'm just teasing...with brilliant insight like this where would the board be without you? 

You took the bait.  After the Memphis game, I stated we could pick up next week.  Well it's next week.

I could go line by line, but I will not since most of the dribble was just for you.  I'll cherry pick a few.  We see the game differently and there is no shame in that.  I have a good idea of Hoo you are, and by now you should have a good idea of Hoo I am.  Writing styles are the initial indicator.  I also think something as small as our avatar's lend insight into Hoo we may be.  I'm constantly look to peel back the proverbial onion and discover Hoo I am speaking with.

"if you're wrong will you go away?" Am I being Censored by Laurie.  I think not.  I would prefer if it people read something they disagreed with on the internet to just move on with their lives.  See what I did there?  Avatar/Username vs. Avatar/Username. Now on to the meat & potatoes.

• No more posts from HoosMeanGreen - Not happening.  I will not be Censored by Laurie
  • Gaines is not UABs best player.  He will tell you that.
  • Edwards can take a dump in the middle of the court and I would say play on.  Can't believe you fell for that.
  • Scott asked for Lindeborg the same as Memphis Jones asked for Edwards.  Pseudo NBA prospect meet 2024 NBA draft pick.
  • Robert Allen - it was just in case you didn't fall for my obvious Edwards zinger
  • Still looking for the "insight" that your retort provided.  I will attempt to provide better insight on my next reply. 

Today's lesson for @Censored by Laurie Read it, disagree with it, and move on with your life.                      

• Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Thanks for posting that.  The post game presser that I was referring to is the one on The Varsity network.  I was in the arena and listened to it live.  Lindeborg spoke specifically on the A-Scott matchup.      

Ah, okay!  I can make that work:

https://thevarsitynetwork.com/feed/source/oas-1337?audioPlayer=uabirm%3Aallaccess-Archive-4780

Game ends, they take a commercial break, and the postgame discussion starts @ 2:39:02 mark

EDIT: The Lindeborg interview begins at 2:46:45

Edited by greenminer
  • Upvote 2

Of note, that I overlooked, UAB enjoyed the benefit of a full week's prep for us.  They did not play mid-week.

Couple our injury situation with our emotional win over Memphis mid-week, and I think this didn't work in our favor.  No excuses though.  Let's get some rest and correct what we can.

• Upvote 1