Have any commits flipped?

El Paso Eagle

26 minutes ago, untbowler said:

We lost the WR from Austin Peay, looks like he followed his coach to UTEP

To my knowledge we didn't lose him, rather they gained him it may have been a mutual split once his coach got that job?

What I mean is he never posted a decommit post, I think we told him we were looking elsewhere around that time UTEP offered bc of his old HC and that was that.  I could be wrong though.

Edited by GMG24
  • Confused 2
  • Eye Roll 1

Just now, MeanGreenTexan said:

You see, he wasn't flipped.  He just was flipped.

Lol you got me. I revised my post to make more sense. I have too much going on in my brain with breaking down signing day I should just stay off here for now 🫠

• Upvote 4

Just now, GMG24 said:

Lol you got me. I revised my post to make more sense. I have too much going on in my brain with breaking down signing day I should just stay off here for now 🫠

Oh, I have no doubt you & @TheReal_jayD are overwhelmed with names and who's-going-where followings right now.
I appreciate y'all's work!   Keep it up.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

Oh, I have no doubt you & @TheReal_jayD are overwhelmed with names and who's-going-where followings right now.
I appreciate y'all's work!   Keep it up.

I probably should have just screen shot his twitter timeline to better explain my mush brain.  Commits to us with the puzzle pieces, days later takes down his picture he tweeted about being committed, puzzle pieces stay, then he starts retweeting old stats about himself and accolades, then doesn't post anything about UTEP except his pictures and I guess he's going there now, typically when its that close together the kid will decommit as you saw our guys do today, and then sign or post they're going somewhere else. 

3 minutes ago, Jdawg48 said:

Did yall see that the Silly Goose Jyaire Shorter committed to Memphis?

So silly.

I think he really chapped Coach Morris when he left.   Morris brought his transfer up subtly in interviews several times.   He probably knew he wasn't welcomed back.    Sad/petty behavior on both sides, as we could certainly use him.

• Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Downvote 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I think he really chapped Coach Morris when he left.   Morris brought his transfer up subtly in interviews several times.   He probably knew he wasn't welcomed back.    Sad/petty behavior on both sides, as we could certainly use him.

They just got the 4 star Lake Dallas WR to sign to Memphis going to have some talent! Think Purdue cooled off on him not sure why..

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, GMG24 said:

They just got the 4 star Lake Dallas WR to sign to Memphis going to have some talent! Think Purdue cooled off on him not sure why..

That's wild!   I got to see Henry a couple times this year.  He can disappear sometimes, but when it's crunch time, dude shows up with big play after big play.   Memphis got a really nice player.

10 minutes ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

That's wild!   I got to see Henry a couple times this year.  He can disappear sometimes, but when it's crunch time, dude shows up with big play after big play.   Memphis got a really nice player.

Very much so! I took my oldest to the game he goes to their elementary and we watched their playoff game at home.  He would disappear then BAM 6

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MeanGreenTexan said:

I'm just speculating, but it seems like with Morris, if you go in the portal and never leave, it's one thing, but if you go in the portal and leave, he doesn't seem to have a warm place for you.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Why would you want someone back after he has shown you he has NO loyalty to you, your team or school.

As for all who left thru the portal...

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out.

IMO...Loyalty plays a huge part in success of any endeavor.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

2 hours ago, RBP79 said:

Why would you want someone back after he has shown you he has NO loyalty to you, your team or school.

As for all who left thru the portal...

Don't let the door hit you in your ass on the way out.

IMO...Loyalty plays a huge part in success of any endeavor.

I am a big believer that you must look at every case separately and understand why that player entered the portal and how they act(ed) once they entered.

• Upvote 4