Fordham (12/10/23)

Big Z

8 minutes ago, GMG_Dallas said:

Your "facts" aren't as valid as you think they are. In 3 of our 4 losses, either Jones or Edwards took 16 shots. In 2 of those losses, the one who didn't shoot 16 times still shot 13 times. They're point guards. They should be distributing, not combining for nearly half of our shots.

I watch plenty of basketball. This is not standard unless your best offensive players are absolute studs. Jones and Edwards are good players but they're not efficient enough on a regular basis to justify 16 shot attempts.

Edwards is a 2 guard - not a 1. UNT runs a 3 guard lineup not a 3 PG lineup. 

Why does it feel like we arguing with each other but agreeing with each other at the same time? I am agreeing with darn near everything you are saying. 

- Never allow facts to get in the way of a good story.

• Downvote 1

4 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Honest question…if Jones and/or Edwards aren’t taking the shots, who would you suggest take them?  And please provide evidence based on the play of guys on THIS roster.  

I'm not saying they shouldn't take shots, I'm asking for the ball to be spread more. Scott is 4th in 3 point attempts despite making nearly 50%. Buggs only has 42 total attempts despite shooting 40.5% from the field (Jones is 40.7%). Noland is shooting 41.1% from the field. Spread the love some and make the defense guard everybody.

14 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Edwards is a 2 guard - not a 1. UNT runs a 3 guard lineup not a 3 PG lineup. 

Why does it feel like we arguing with each other but agreeing with each other at the same time? I am agreeing with darn near everything you are saying. 

I don't know, maybe I got comments and usernames mixed up. All I'm saying is, there's not statistical evidence that justifies Jones and Edwards taking the amount of shots they take with the amount of capable shooters on the team.

24 minutes ago, BigWillie said:

Where does the offense come from then? It's purely a numbers game. We get an average of 50-60 possessions a game. There are 5 Guards and 3 Forwards in our rotation. Let's call 2 of those forwards centers (Sissoko/Allen). That leaves one Forward, A Scott and he should be getting 13+ shots a game. So where do the other 37-47 come from?

I think you are talking about the difference between a point guard and a shooting guard. Rubin kind of bounces between, but we don't have many shooting guards outside of JE.

Two guys shooting 50% of your shots means either the ball isn't being spread around or others aren't passing off good shots too much. I think we've all seen our guys pass on open looks and then somebody ends up chunking up bad shots due to the shot clock. We got away with it Perry, doesn't mean we ran a good offense. Now it's being exposed.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, emmitt01 said:

Honest question…if Jones and/or Edwards aren’t taking the shots, who would you suggest take them?  And please provide evidence based on the play of guys on THIS roster.  

Jones and Scott have been really good role players for us the past two years but now it's THEIR team and unfortunately either one look comfortable in that position. Can only hope it will develop as the season goes on. If we're shooting well from 3, we can play with most of the top teams in the conference. I'm not giving up on this group but I'm seeing a .500 team in AAC play.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I've enjoyed watching Scott develop over the past few years, but I would like to see him take a page from the book of TBell and develop a better post-up game.  TBell and Perry were our top go-to guys at crunch time in 21-22, and Bell really improved as a go-to offensive presence in the paint that year.  Having a strong and more consistent inside threat would be a big help during crunch time of close game, and would open up better shots for Jones and Edwards from the outside.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Again no conversation can be had without a reference to your God. That is annoying, arrogant, and hypocritical as he is at K-State. The going with a good story went over my head. Absolutely no idea what you are attempting to say. 

How about I keep my tag line & you ignore my drivel. Tough guys can always be found in mommy's basement hogging bandwidth.

Not sure what you mean by what I have said is hypocritical. I don’t think you know what that word means.
But what I do think is that you do the same thing you seem to be critical of which makes you no more than a noisy gong. In all my 23 years posting on this board I have only pushed ignore on two others and they were both trolls from other schools. So congrats on being on par with them. 

I got no time for your arrogance. I pray that our lord and savior Tylor have no mercy on your soul. 
and jokes on you…. I live 1,500 miles away from mommy. 

-Never ignore your own advice. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

27 minutes ago, Travis said:

Not sure what you mean by what I have said is hypocritical. I don’t think you know what that word means.
But what I do think is that you do the same thing you seem to be critical of which makes you no more than a noisy gong. In all my 23 years posting on this board I have only pushed ignore on two others and they were both trolls from other schools. So congrats on being on par with them. 

I got no time for your arrogance. I pray that our lord and savior Tylor have no mercy on your soul. 
and jokes on you…. I live 1,500 miles away from mommy. 

-Never ignore your own advice. 

Tell us you are an idiot without actually telling us. Congratulations - you just did. And the living in mom's basement hit home Lol. Your rant described you to a "T". A grown man Hoo still lives at home playing tough guy on a message board. Pure comedy!!!! 

- Never allow facts to get in the way of a great story. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Upvote 3

13 minutes ago, HoosMeanGreen said:

Tell us you are an idiot without actually telling us. Congratulations - you just did. And the living in mom's basement hit home Lol. Your rant described you to a "T". A grown man Hoo still lives at home playing tough guy on a message board. Pure comedy!!!! 

- Never allow facts to get in the way of a great story. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Your reading comprehension ain’t all that great, huh?
i wish I lived with my sweet mom.  She is a hell of a cook. And only has about 6 months to live. glad you brought her into this and reminded me of that. Way to go Hoo. Way to go. 

-Never be as pompous and insensitive as a Hoo  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Travis said:

Your reading comprehension ain’t all that great, huh?
i wish I lived with my sweet mom.  She is a hell of a cook. And only has about 6 months to live. glad you brought her into this and reminded me of that. Way to go Hoo. Way to go. 

-Never be as pompous and insensitive as a Hoo  

What happened to you ignoring me like the other 2 individuals? You said it - Didn't keep your word - Makes you a liar. Those are the facts! I love the heart string tug attempt to the board. Good ol Mom only has about 6 months to live. We have gone back & forth all day, Mom's life expectancy is irrelevant and yet you felt the need to share. Pitiful & pathetic. Absolutely classless. I would love to say I expected more, but this is exactly what I expected. Next stop is you playing the victim. Classic!!! Lol. If it puts me in a more favorable light to a group of total strangers, my dog has a growth on his testicles and his vet has recommended he be neutered. 

As always....

- Never allow facts to get in the way of a great story. Especially when dealing with a liar Hoo used his "dying Mom" to gain sympathy and herd acceptance on a basketball team message board.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1