UNT @ Navy Rollcall!

Pavlovs Eagle

Rise!

We're still crazy enough to support the Mean Green next Saturday in Annapolis.  Is there anywhere we should eat or see before or after the game in Annapolis?  We're staying in the District and driving up for the day, but the 2:30 kickoff means we could hit a notable lunch & dinner on both sides of the game in the area.  Any scenic spots we should see?  I love the Chesapeake Bay area. I was sad I waited too long to find a decent hotel in Annapolis for under $500 a night 😩.

The last time I was in Annapolis was in 2012 for work, and I've never seen a Football game at Navy, so I wanted to check this stadium off the list.  My wife was thrilled when I reminded her we had plane tickets booked (sarcasm).  We bought game tickets through UNT, so I assume we'll be one of a few in the visitor section.  

I know better than to ask about anything resembling a tailgate for a game this far away.  See some of you there?

Edited by Pavlovs Eagle
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Rise!

We're still crazy enough to support the Mean Green next Saturday in Annapolis.  Is there anywhere we should eat or see before or after the game in Annapolis?  We're staying in the District and driving up for the day, but the 2:30 kickoff means we could hit a notable lunch & dinner on both sides of the game in the area.  Any scenic spots we should see?  I love the Chesapeake Bay area. I was sad I waited too long to find a decent hotel in Annapolis for under $500 a night 😩.

The last time I was in Annapolis was in 2012 for work, and I've never seen a Football game at Navy, so I wanted to check this stadium off the list.  My wife was thrilled when I reminded her we had plane tickets booked (sarcasm).  We bought game tickets through UNT, so I assume we'll be one of a few in the visitor section.  

I know better than to ask about anything resembling a tailgate for a game this far away.  See some of you there?

Harry and I will be there with my buddy (a local and in the Navy) and Harry's wife too.  Haven't planned out food and restaurants but we will certainly be hitting the Annapolis bars Saturday night.

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Rise!

So you are aware, kick-off is 3:30pm EDT.  

Driving down from Connecticut  in the morning.  Five in our group.  

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Rise!

The Boat Yard Bar and Grill is a good choice in downtown Annapolis.  Across the bridge on the waterfront 

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, All About UNT said:

Harry and I will be there with my buddy (a local and in the Navy) and Harry's wife too.  Haven't planned out food and restaurants but we will certainly be hitting the Annapolis bars Saturday night.

I had four tickets and was planning on this trip for months,  but a family emergency has derailed our plans this time around. I have four tickets for sale if anyone is interested. 

4 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

I had four tickets and was planning on this trip for months,  but a family emergency has derailed our plans this time around. I have four tickets for sale if anyone is interested. 

Hope that emergency is a minor one and everyone is well.

• Upvote 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/1/2023 at 5:12 PM, All About UNT said:

I’ll be there by myself this time shooting the game, I’ll need to connect with y’all! I’m excited, staying like 15 minutes outside Annapolis

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Big Z said:

Don't forget that the Rangers play Orioles in Baltimore this Saturday at 12pm CST for the first game in the Divisional round. 

We will be there for the Navy game on Saturday, but we plan to make the trip up to Baltimore for Game 2 on Sunday at 4 p.m.  It's going to be a great weekend.

• Upvote 4