Eric Morris visits The San Antonio QB Club - Part 2

Harry

• Harry pinned this topic

If Morris wants to interject the 3-3-5 in situations, that's one thing, but to keep it as the featured defense when it is an obvious failure is just being stubborn. That 3-3-5 placed UNT dead last defensively among all of the FBS. Using a 4-man front in just one game has moved UNT within 5 yards of not being dead last.

The 3-3-5 may look great this week against ACU, but don't be fooled. Success against an FCS team isn't the same as what UNT will face when they travel to Navy on Oct 7th. We will need a 4-man front to have any chance against Navy's run heavy offense. 

• Upvote 6
  • Eye Roll 1
  • Puking Eagle 1

21 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

If Morris wants to interject the 3-3-5 in situations, that's one thing, but to keep it as the featured defense when it is an obvious failure is just being stubborn. That 3-3-5 placed UNT dead last defensively among all of the FBS. Using a 4-man front in just one game has moved UNT within 5 yards of not being dead last.

The 3-3-5 may look great this week against ACU, but don't be fooled. Success against an FCS team isn't the same as what UNT will face when they travel to Navy on Oct 7th. We will need a 4-man front to have any chance against Navy's run heavy offense. 

I don't care if my comments are down voted or if you choose to give me an eyeroll. To each their own... But, if you are one of the posters that gave those responses, I'd honestly like to know your counter position to my argument. If there is a flaw in my logic, I'd appreciate it if you would point it out to me.

• Upvote 3
  • Eye Roll 3

1 hour ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I don't care if my comments are down voted or if you choose to give me an eyeroll. To each their own... But, if you are one of the posters that gave those responses, I'd honestly like to know your counter position to my argument. If there is a flaw in my logic, I'd appreciate it if you would point it out to me.

I agree with your analysis. It was spot on. I've been thinking the same thing since the 2nd Qtr of the Cal game.

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I wasn't one of them but I can tell you, an eyeroll is not necessarily a disagreement/counter position.

• Upvote 4
  • Eye Roll 1

6 hours ago, greenminer said:

I wasn't one of them but I can tell you, an eyeroll is not necessarily a disagreement/counter position.

Thanks. Yeah, I can handle views other than my own. If anyone has a different take, I'm open to considering their perspective. Who knows, they may even change my mind, or at the very least give me a reason to value and defend their opinion, even if I disagree with it. And, I didn't eyeroll you either. But, I did give you a +1 to try and negate it. 

Edited by Side.Show.Joe
  • Upvote 2

22 hours ago, Side.Show.Joe said:

I will confess the downvote was by me - done accidentally. I agree with your comments; I did not realize I clicked on the down arrow. If we run the 3-3-5 against Navy they will run wild. The error has been resolved. 😇

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I will confess the downvote was by me - done accidentally. I agree with your comments; I did not realize I clicked on the down arrow. If we run the 3-3-5 against Navy they will run wild. The error has been resolved. 😇

Thanks. Like I said, I just want to gain a better understanding of the different opinions around here. I know I'm not perfect and if I'm off, I want to be corrected. I have no desire to spew ignorance.  

• Upvote 2

On 9/22/2023 at 5:16 PM, Glory to the Green said:

150K for Shorter or Nixon.  Wish they had stayed, but understand it. I still have my four years of eligibility left…how much for a 40 year old  former HS Linebacker?  😂🤣😂

I believe that Nixon is the one that got the big bucks.  I understand that Nixon's wife recently had a baby.  It looks as if they may have made a decent investment...he's the third leading tackler on the team.

• Upvote 2
  • Thanks 3

• Harry unpinned this topic