Does a week 3 win take the pressure off of the new staff?

TripleGrad

6 minutes ago, meaniegreenie said:

I haven't paid attention to Navy, but assume they still rely on their traditional offense.  I don't see how our undersized 3-man front will keep them from getting 5 yds on every play and more when tackles are missed.

They will set records if we send out the same defense/effort as the first 2 games.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Hunter Green said:

I agree with you, but can you fire your DC with the lack of talent, size and depth he has to work with? I know it's not a popular opinion, but we probably need to see the entire body of work as you can't really fire someone after 2-3 games. Just won't happen. At this point, I want Chandler Roger's to start the rest of the way, give Oscar Addaway the bulk of the carries and look for improvement on defense. After the season, tear that portal up!

We don’t lack the size and talent needed to beat powerhouses like FIU, Temple, LaTech, and Tulsa. We are not using the personnel we have appropriately and we didn’t fill the gaps we needed to run the scheme they are trying to force. 
hole round GIF

Edited by 97and03
  • Upvote 7

• Harry featured this topic
3 hours ago, Salsa_Verde said:

Caponi…the 5th defensive coordinator at North Texas since 2016. Is that normal? I don’t know but it seems that defense is only a theory for the last two coaching staffs. 

G5 coordinators are kinds like bank employees. If you are any good, you are moving up really fast, either within the same bank or another bank, or you are getting replaced really quickly because its obvious you cannot handle the job duties in a very competitive industry.

• Upvote 1
  • Thanks 1

UNT is arguably the lowest-pressure FBS gig in Texas (Could make an argument for Sam or Texas State) and hell, one of the lowest pressure jobs in FBS period.

If the staff is already starting to fold, then maybe coaching college football isn't for then.

Edited by Cougar King
  • Upvote 1
  • Oh Boy! 1
  • Eye Roll 2
  • Puking Eagle 1

36 minutes ago, Cougar King said:

UNT is arguably the lowest-pressure FBS gig in Texas (Could make an argument for Sam or Texas State) and hell, one of the lowest pressure jobs in FBS period.

If the staff is already starting to fold, then maybe coaching college football isn't for then.

Go eat your Rice.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

If they win today, I would say it shows they made some adjustments and improvements. Hopefully on defense. Rogers starting changes the dynamic too. 

I don’t know about reduced pressure. But win today and next week and you’re 2-2 and you get a little bit of momentum which could be big for a new staff trying to get the team on board. Maybe they’re beginning to buy in. 

• Upvote 5

4 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

If they win today, I would say it shows they made some adjustments and improvements. Hopefully on defense. Rogers starting changes the dynamic too. 

I don’t know about reduced pressure. But win today and next week and you’re 2-2 and you get a little bit of momentum which could be big for a new staff trying to get the team on board. Maybe they’re beginning to buy in. 

Great post, this would be the best possible outcome.

Edited by jtm0097
  • Upvote 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, TheColonyEagle said:

Would be outstanding given how things have started.

• Upvote 1