MGN: A Season Preview for 2023

aztecskin

4 minutes ago, C Rod said:

Dude, where have you been?! Hope all is well with you and the fam.

Mentioned it here in this post- https://meangreennation.substack.com/p/a-new-era-for-mgn 

Nothing major just a very busy summer with kids, family, and work. For the site it was about getting a lot of ducks in a row and making some decisions. 

• Upvote 4

10 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Confused by your statement they brought in Bloesch to improve the offense when they brought in Spavital for that, right? 

So Spavital was there already, but Bloesch was brought in for his OL/run game knowledge. So he was brought in for that reason and I *think* Spav wants to incorporate some of what NT was doing last year. I mean NT had a very good offense after all. 

19 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

So Spavital was there already, but Bloesch was brought in for his OL/run game knowledge. So he was brought in for that reason and I *think* Spav wants to incorporate some of what NT was doing last year. I mean NT had a very good offense after all. 

Spavital and Bloesch both joined the Cal staff in December 2022. I guess Bloesch was hired six days later, if that is what you mean. 🤷🏻‍♂️
But yes perhaps they wanted him for the run game.

Edited by 97and03

37 minutes ago, 97and03 said:

Spavital and Bloesch both joined the Cal staff in December 2022. I guess Bloesch was hired six days later, if that is what you mean. 🤷🏻‍♂️
But yes perhaps they wanted him for the run game.

yeah like, I realize the post was Bloesch-heavy and he’s *only* the OL coach but my understanding of the whole thing was that his reputation as  run game / OL guy and leading an offense was pretty good. Spavital had that starlet rep but that was tarnished after TX ST and whatnot. 

So like Spavital comes in but he’s also familiar with what MB did here and wants some of that too, etc. 

Long story short I don’t think we are all saying anything different. For us, the MB connection is a thing, but for Cal fans they obviously are looking at the OC first. 

3 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

yeah like, I realize the post was Bloesch-heavy and he’s *only* the OL coach but my understanding of the whole thing was that his reputation as  run game / OL guy and leading an offense was pretty good. Spavital had that starlet rep but that was tarnished after TX ST and whatnot. 

So like Spavital comes in but he’s also familiar with what MB did here and wants some of that too, etc. 

Long story short I don’t think we are all saying anything different. For us, the MB connection is a thing, but for Cal fans they obviously are looking at the OC first. 

Schitts Creek Yes GIF by CBC

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, aztecskin said:

Well I was right I thought they would run like hell, but I didnt think we'd be playing touch football while they were playing tackle football. Big miss on my part. 

Quick reaction: https://open.substack.com/pub/meangreennation/p/quick-postgame-reaction-cal-58-north?utm_campaign=post&utm_medium=web 

Cal ran all over us while using the same one or two concepts the entire game.  Bloesch fingerprints all over what they did. 

• Upvote 1