2023 TBT Games - Bleed Green [Official thread]

1 hour ago, Pavlovs Eagle said:

Thought they may pull it out right there at the end!  Great to watch Mean Green BBall in the summer, the team did great.  Only second year fielding a team and we're in the Championship game.  Next year baby...

We need to get bigger in the middle.

• Upvote 5

9 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Love this team, but curious as to why JJ and DJ aren't playing.  

Edit: I guess DJ has been away too long, but I was surprised JJ never played last year or this.  Just an observation on my part.  No big deal.

I wondered the same thing.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Hunter Green said:

We need to get bigger in the middle.

This is what hurt us. I think Zach is a great young man, but he plays way too soft, Bell just isn’t tall enough and his offensive game is frustrating and the white kid was fair. Outside of those three, everyone that contributed were guards. The one other player with size got hurt early, I think. 
But, what a fun team to watch and pull for. As stated above, I just hated it for the kids that they lost tonight.  Great group that represent us well. Let’s regroup and do this again next year. 

• Upvote 4

26 minutes ago, UNTLifer said:

This is what hurt us. I think Zach is a great young man, but he plays way too soft, Bell just isn’t tall enough and his offensive game is frustrating and the white kid was fair. Outside of those three, everyone that contributed were guards. The one other player with size got hurt early, I think. 
But, what a fun team to watch and pull for. As stated above, I just hated it for the kids that they lost tonight.  Great group that represent us well. Let’s regroup and do this again next year. 

Pretty spot on @UNTLifer

• Upvote 1

Yeah as much I'd love to see TP and Drez on the team next year... shoot, if Jelly's not on an NBA roster maybe they could recruit him as well... Stevens and Jefferson have already proved they can put the team on their back and carry them to a win. Our lack of defensive rebounding and paint presence allowed Friday Beers to get back in the game the other night. We need bigger post players.

That Reid guy was recruited last minute. Maybe we could go after Friday Beers' Julian Gamble... Unfortunately/fortunately the Grizzlies signed Kenneth Lofton to a 4-year contract but if he wasn't playing in the NBA I'd love to see him join us.

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, flyonthewall said:

we will build on this.  it was a great run, but we have unfinished business.  Thank you to everyone for the love along the way.

We know what we have to do to improve.

we can all do better.

im fffing exhausted.  ready to get back home.  No regrets, no regrets.....ball dont lie

David, thanks for all you do for Bleed Green and UNT. It is appreciated!

• Upvote 4
  • Thanks 1

we will build on this.  it was a great run, but we have unfinished business.  Thank you to everyone for the love along the way.

we can all do better.

im fffing exhausted.  ready to get back home.  No regrets, no regrets.....ball dont lie

Thank you Mr. Anderson.  We appreciate you very much.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt from A700 said:

Yeah as much I'd love to see TP and Drez on the team next year... shoot, if Jelly's not on an NBA roster maybe they could recruit him as well... Stevens and Jefferson have already proved they can put the team on their back and carry them to a win. Our lack of defensive rebounding and paint presence allowed Friday Beers to get back in the game the other night. We need bigger post players.

That Reid guy was recruited last minute. Maybe we could go after Friday Beers' Julian Gamble... Unfortunately/fortunately the Grizzlies signed Kenneth Lofton to a 4-year contract but if he wasn't playing in the NBA I'd love to see him join us.

Here are some former players I would love to see.  I have no idea if they are available, willing, etc. , just throwing names out.

Javion

Deng Geu

Tope Arikawe

Michael Miller

Jeremy Combs

Keith Coleman

Jacob Holmen

Roger Franklin

Tony Mitchell

Not sure what is going on with Jordan Williams and Duffy.  I would take them, but they have to commit and not no-show at the last minute.

I don't mind the suggestions of Lofton, Walker, etc., but I would really love to see us stick to our guys as much as possible.

• Upvote 1

we can all do better.

Great job, love that team, love the love they receive for the way they play the game.  Proud of you all and thank you for all that you do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, UNTLifer said:

Here are some former players I would love to see.  I have no idea if they are available, willing, etc. , just throwing names out.

Javion

Deng Geu

Tope Arikawe

Michael Miller

Jeremy Combs

Keith Coleman

Jacob Holmen

Roger Franklin

Tony Mitchell

Not sure what is going on with Jordan Williams and Duffy.  I would take them, but they have to commit and not no-show at the last minute.

I don't mind the suggestions of Lofton, Walker, etc., but I would really love to see us stick to our guys as much as possible.

Part of me feels like tony mitchell wants nothing to do with us lol 

• Upvote 1