Assistants?

BigWillie

13 minutes ago, El Paso Eagle said:

I understand in basketball there are no P5's, but man looking at Tech's facilities magnifies the disparity between the "Power" conferences and the G5's. Hard to turn that down. It will be interesting to see how Ross puts his staff together.

He will no doubt promise prospective new staff that under no circumstance will they be required to move to Lubbock, Texas.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Eye Roll 4

1 hour ago, Graddean said:

I find it hard to believe he ad no idea of which of the other assistants were leaving.  I would bet that he has been planning his staf well before officially being named.

Someone once told me that any good AD always has a short list, and any good high-level assistant always has a list of potential assistants available.

• Upvote 1

On 4/4/2023 at 9:06 PM, El Paso Eagle said:

Interesting side note. Coach Burton's brother was a one-time assistant for Ross.

I message with him on Twitter. He and the family are excited to be back in DFW working alongside Hodge that they have known for a while. That being said, I got no indications he was interested in getting back into coaching. Think he enjoys his announcing career as it is now...

• Upvote 1

I wonder if any former players would be interested.  Seems Smart is.  A lot of assistant coaches out there get started on the staffs of the schools they played for and/or head coaches they played under.

Hell, Josh White is on JJ's staff down at Teas Southern right now.

Edited by CMJ
  • Upvote 1

Underrated name because he is still ballin overseas, but Shannon Shorter would be an excellent addition in a junior role on Hodge's staff. If he is ready to retire and come on home. Shorter played for Hodge in JC before coming to UNT. 

• Upvote 2
  • Lovely Take 1

45 minutes ago, MeanGreen13 said:

Underrated name because he is still ballin overseas, but Shannon Shorter would be an excellent addition in a junior role on Hodge's staff. If he is ready to retire and come on home. Shorter played for Hodge in JC before coming to UNT. 

SUMG mentioned that Tramiel may have played under Hodge as well. Could he work with our big men?